Author Topic: Language in main arena  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Language in main arena
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »
Just to be clear, smoking 'pure' tobacco from the plant will kill you just as quick.

Smoked cigarettes for 20 years but haven’t touched one in almost 10! Best thing I’ve ever done for me. Now I’m a cigarette snob lol, better not light up those cancer sticks around me hahaha
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2024, 11:24:41 AM »
Quit smoking in October.  Feel a lot better and saving $10 a day.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2024, 11:27:58 AM »
Saw someone buy two packs of the kind I used to smoke the other day. Marlboro light 100s and His total was $32!!! I was up to a pack a day or more too. I would have gone broke.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2024, 11:41:20 AM »

Good for you!
unfortunately, I still smoke 1-2 packs of Marlboro per day in our work down-time, esoecialy sitting home on the computer.

Work saves me, I only smoke .5-1 pack per day. Stuck in public venues.

I don’t know how a person can’t feel better after quitting. Its a horrible habit, much baded on muscle memory as an anchor.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2024, 11:49:13 AM »
Just think of all the poor needy pilots you could sponsor...

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2024, 11:56:28 AM »
Good for you!
unfortunately, I still smoke 1-2 packs of Marlboro per day in our work down-time, esoecialy sitting home on the computer.

Work saves me, I only smoke .5-1 pack per day. Stuck in public venues.

I don’t know how a person can’t feel better after quitting. Its a horrible habit, much baded on muscle memory as an anchor.

Yeah the hardest part was just telling myself no at trigger times.. after meals, on the way to and from work, etc.  Honestly what got me to quit was when I got what I assume was covid.  Was in bed for three days and I'm a pretty resilient fella, only 36 years old.

I thought to myself if I got this sick in my 50's after smoking another 15 years, I'd probably  be dead.

And having a 2 and 4 year old kid, and thinking about them without a father that early in life just to trash my own health and spend a car payment a month on it.. just seemed stupid.

No patches, nothin.. just said F it.  Purely mental.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2024, 11:57:40 AM »
Just think of all the poor needy pilots you could sponsor...

I would gladly pay a month or more for someone to play this game that really wants to.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2024, 12:43:31 PM »
Yeah the hardest part was just telling myself no at trigger times.. after meals, on the way to and from work, etc.  Honestly what got me to quit was when I got what I assume was covid.  Was in bed for three days and I'm a pretty resilient fella, only 36 years old.

I thought to myself if I got this sick in my 50's after smoking another 15 years, I'd probably  be dead.

And having a 2 and 4 year old kid, and thinking about them without a father that early in life just to trash my own health and spend a car payment a month on it.. just seemed stupid.

No patches, nothin.. just said F it.  Purely mental.

I had to take chantix and it took two tries but it stuck for sure. I walk by smokers all the time and the smell annoys me now when in the past I would have joined in.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2024, 12:53:08 PM »
Do they have the equivalent of a tobacco gummy?

Just wondering...it is all about the nicotine right?

Never smoked tobacco products myself...nor chewed except as kids trying Redman  :aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2024, 01:29:42 PM »

Never smoked tobacco products myself...nor chewed except as kids trying Redman  :aok

Eagler

Think nicotine gum has been around for quite some time.

My dad was a two packs a day Newport smoker for almost ever. He tried all the gums and things available in the early 90’s. I can remember him crushing those packs of gum like mad lol.

It was hypnotism that finally did it for him. He fell off the wagon almost 20 years later after he had prostrate cancer but went back and the hypno worked again. Hasn’t smoked in almost 15 years since.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 01:33:46 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2024, 02:01:26 PM »
I quit in 91, cold Turkey. Of course that was after trying off and on for 10 years. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2024, 02:09:24 PM »
I quit in 91, cold Turkey. Of course that was after trying off and on for 10 years. :D

WTG Jimmy and all the rest that have quit. It’s a really terrible thing.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2024, 02:56:59 PM »

Eagler

Its nicotine, but muscle memory coaches it on. 50% of the time I light ine without even knowing it. Especially at the computer. But half of them just burn away.

I live throwing good money out the window,…evidently.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2024, 04:01:12 PM »
I chewed tobacco from 1979 until 2002. I started at age 12 when my baseball coach gave me a pouch of Redman. After getting perilously sick off that a couple times, I was hooked and transitioned to Copenhagen. Chewed it all day, every day throughout high school, college and the workplace. Very few people knew as I never spit it out and I’d transfer it to a little ziplock bag to avoid the “ring” in the back pocket. I quit cold turkey when I miraculously woke up in the ICU of the hospital I worked at after suffering a bilateral pulmonary embolism via a clot thrown from my lower leg a week after knee surgery. A guy out walking his dog found me just outside the parking garage at the hospital and started CPR. People took notice and a code blue was called. I spent a month there and decided since I got a 2nd lease on life, I might is well pare back the risky behaviors and Tobacco was at the top of the list. I quit near-dead turkey.
Nicotine is a cruel, sweet mistress. Even 22 years later when I see someone chewing or worse yet, smell Copenhagen, my mouth starts watering like one of Pavlov’s dogs and I get a shiver down my spine. I walk away.
I certainly congratulate anyone who has knocked the nicotine habit and those in the midst of quitting too….keep at it!
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2024, 04:51:50 PM »
I chewed tobacco from 1979 until 2002. I started at age 12 when my baseball coach gave me a pouch of Redman. After getting perilously sick off that a couple times, I was hooked and transitioned to Copenhagen. Chewed it all day, every day throughout high school, college and the workplace. Very few people knew as I never spit it out and I’d transfer it to a little ziplock bag to avoid the “ring” in the back pocket. I quit cold turkey when I miraculously woke up in the ICU of the hospital I worked at after suffering a bilateral pulmonary embolism via a clot thrown from my lower leg a week after knee surgery. A guy out walking his dog found me just outside the parking garage at the hospital and started CPR. People took notice and a code blue was called. I spent a month there and decided since I got a 2nd lease on life, I might is well pare back the risky behaviors and Tobacco was at the top of the list. I quit near-dead turkey.
Nicotine is a cruel, sweet mistress. Even 22 years later when I see someone chewing or worse yet, smell Copenhagen, my mouth starts watering like one of Pavlov’s dogs and I get a shiver down my spine. I walk away.
I certainly congratulate anyone who has knocked the nicotine habit and those in the midst of quitting too….keep at it!

Thanks for sharing that. Second chances are good and I agree about the kicking nicotine. It has been one of my demons.

Now if you'd just lay off the Alprazolam!