Author Topic: VOX problems the last few days  (Read 851 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
VOX problems the last few days
« on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:00 PM »
Since about Wednesday, I'm finding that I suddenly stop being able to hear other players on vox. They can still hear me fine. I don't even see them keying up. If I .resetv it works again, but 5 minutes later it goes quiet and I have to .resetv again.

Nothing's changed on my end.

Any ideas?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: VOX problems the last few days
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 06:47:53 PM »
I had a problem like this once and it was my firewall closing the port that the vox was connecting on from the outside.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 12:51:21 AM »
This just happened to me tonight in the scenario. Randomly lose coms for 10-15 min at a time, then it would come back for an hour or so. Not seeing anyone key up on range or channel though they could hear me. First time it's ever happened to me, but a squad mate has been fighting with the same issue for a while.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 01:31:10 AM »
I had a problem like this once and it was my firewall closing the port that the vox was connecting on from the outside.

Can you provide specifics?  I have had this problem since I changed ISP's.  Or was it when I installed a new wireless router.  I don't there are other variables.  Feel free to hit me up privately.  I don't really need to know the device specifics.  Just lead me in the right direction.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 06:09:11 AM »
I don't use it but several were having issues with it on the axis side last night during the scenario

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 01:36:23 PM »
Anytime I'm on I type "resetv" in the text buffer and it resets all voice related voice programs.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 09:29:04 PM »
Anytime I'm on I type "resetv" in the text buffer and it resets all voice related voice programs.

Do you have to enter this command frequently?
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 10:07:49 PM »
VOX issues, from what I remember is normally a connection issue. Duplex sound cards are a must and if connections are crappy its the VOX that goes first.

Check your connection. Be sure its a good connection. A reboot before you game might help clean things up, was one of the things I did in the old days.

Be sure your sound and modem cards are up to date on their drivers.  Also check if you have had an update you allow to happen. Some times a new update can mess with your settings. If you let them happen automatically you may not have noticed an update with a change.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 08:28:48 AM »
I have covered all the basic level troubleshooting.  This has been going on for a year.  I have all my drivers current.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 08:50:12 PM »
VOX issues, from what I remember is normally a connection issue. Duplex sound cards are a must and if connections are crappy its the VOX that goes first.

Check your connection. Be sure its a good connection. A reboot before you game might help clean things up, was one of the things I did in the old days.

Be sure your sound and modem cards are up to date on their drivers.  Also check if you have had an update you allow to happen. Some times a new update can mess with your settings. If you let them happen automatically you may not have noticed an update with a change.

Not sure why, yet. But I kinda lean Fugitives guess of maybe connection, after 1 yr was mentioned. Maybe try a few connection tweaks I posted in Hardwsre.

Try setting AH exe to High Priority in Task manager > details > right click AH. The game has to be open to do this. Even if it doesn’t fix it, it will serve you well and causes no harm.

Just feels like something might be taking priority, if its in and out.

Could be everyone got a Windows update that porked something.

<shrug> keep the details rolling, it will be figured out,
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2024, 03:10:35 PM »
Fugi and Animl make good points, but look to with other apps kicking in. Stop all others app that access audio outputs and mic inputs before you log in. You have have aphone and radio/tv you don't need any other A/O during the game.

WORID

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2024, 11:34:58 AM »
Interesting that others are having this same problem.  It started for me about two weeks ago, requiring numerous “resetv”s every time in the game.  No hardware changes or intentional software tweaks on my part.  The playback and record options in the W10 sound settings are enabled only for my headset.  Game issue, or something else?

All gave some, Some gave all

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 12:13:50 PM »
Interesting that others are having this same problem.  It started for me about two weeks ago, requiring numerous “resetv”s every time in the game.  No hardware changes or intentional software tweaks on my part.  The playback and record options in the W10 sound settings are enabled only for my headset.  Game issue, or something else?
Have you rebooted your computer lately? Or shut down while keeping the shift button pressed? If not, one or the other is worth trying. It might be a cumulative issue in Windows and either of those should fix such. Rebooting your router(s) and modem is the next step on the list. If neither of those fix the issue, it may be in your connections outside your house.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 02:25:11 PM »
Have you rebooted your computer lately? Or shut down while keeping the shift button pressed? If not, one or the other is worth trying. It might be a cumulative issue in Windows and either of those should fix such. Rebooting your router(s) and modem is the next step on the list. If neither of those fix the issue, it may be in your connections outside your house.

Yes on all, SHIFT key on every shutdown per your previous suggestion.  Rebooted the router/modem.  For my education, why would the connection outside the house cause vox to shutdown but, not the game, or the computer?  I don’t know what I don’t know about this.  Thanks in advance!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 03:06:01 PM »
I remember Skuzzy talking about vox being a connection issue. I found this....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,194082.0.html

But this one seems to explain things a bit more.....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,322800.msg4214092.html#msg4214092

Now is this still relevant? beats the heck out of me, but nothing lasts forever. Routers just start acting flaky after a couple years and reboots dont clear up the issues any more and need to be replaced. Im sure the same could be said for modems both as add on cards or onboard stuff.

Just something else to look into.