Author Topic: Radio help  (Read 230 times)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
Radio help
« on: February 19, 2024, 12:13:32 PM »
Last night I got into a fun fight with THESTIG. Exciting for me and the equivalent to brushing a bit of lint off a lapel for him more likely but fun. Anyhow, after he clubbed me, I see him saluting me in the gray “all” text and I wanted to reply likewise. I put channel 1 to “all” and type: /nice one, THESTIG. That was great. I followed that by hitting enter but I don’t ever see my replies in the buffer. Are my replies not shown or more likely, I’m screwing up? I generally have never used the radio much over the years other than to salute or reply to a direct question. I must have lost the ability somewhere. Thanks.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Radio help
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 12:21:57 PM »
For salute, you type .s <game id> (like .s hitech) in your own country channel. To return salute just type .rs and it will salute back the one who saluted you.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 12:27:17 PM »
For salute, you type .s <game id> (like .s hitech) in your own country channel. To return salute just type .rs and it will salute back the one who saluted you.

That’s it? Fantastic!
Thanks
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 12:33:19 PM »
Last night I got into a fun fight with THESTIG. Exciting for me and the equivalent to brushing a bit of lint off a lapel for him more likely but fun. Anyhow, after he clubbed me, I see him saluting me in the gray “all” text and I wanted to reply likewise. I put channel 1 to “all” and type: /nice one, THESTIG. That was great. I followed that by hitting enter but I don’t ever see my replies in the buffer. Are my replies not shown or more likely, I’m screwing up? I generally have never used the radio much over the years other than to salute or reply to a direct question. I must have lost the ability somewhere. Thanks.

THESTIG is always fun. He's one of those few "oldschool" players left in my opinion. I've found the only way that I had a shot at beating him was to get slower then he was which is dang hard to do and keep flying. Thankfully he was flying a jug. I'd have had no chance if he was flying a "trainer" lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 03:26:56 PM »

The "all" channel is turned off. If you want to talk cross country you have to tune channel 200 and hope the other person is tuned. Tuning directly to another players is also turned off.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 04:31:33 PM »
The "all" channel is turned off. If you want to talk cross country you have to tune channel 200 and hope the other person is tuned. Tuning directly to another players is also turned off.

Ahah.....Roger that, thanks.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 06:04:28 PM »
THESTIG is always fun.

True that.

- oldman