Author Topic: Radio hangups - does anyone else get those ?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Radio hangups - does anyone else get those ?
« on: February 20, 2024, 12:41:03 PM »
This started happening couple month ago. My sound goes quiet - someone is talking on range channel, i can see name displayed, but there is no sound, as if they have no mic. This takes long time - seems like 5-10 seconds and then stops.
I cannot transmit until this goes away. Just sit there and wait.

Never had this problem before, it started late last year. Anyone else ?

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Re: Radio hangups - does anyone else get those ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 03:52:37 PM »
Yes for a long time. I am constantly hitting .resetv

I should probably go through all my drivers or maybe it is the game?  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 04:01:03 PM »
Seems like many are complaining about vox issues lately...more than normal imo

As intermittent as it sounds probably be a royal pita to troubleshoot

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 01:31:20 AM »
One reason for voice communication issues is poor connections. And it affects all apps, not only in-game vox. I've been noticing similar issues randomly with Discord, not only on my side but also some 500 km away. Rebooting both the computer and the modem doesn't necessarily help. It also seems to affect both wired systems like TV cable and mobile broadband - one common nominator with those is that the actual speed depends on the number of users and their data usage. Could a third party supporting or from another country cause extra traffic, I can't tell. For LTE that is a possibility here close to the Eastern border, nothing has been officially informed but sometimes it seems like they'd be "routinely testing" their radio interference devices.

As the Internet is a network jamming in one place may well mirror to other locations far away by routing more traffic through them.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 06:48:46 AM »
This started happening couple month ago. My sound goes quiet - someone is talking on range channel, i can see name displayed, but there is no sound, as if they have no mic. This takes long time - seems like 5-10 seconds and then stops.
I cannot transmit until this goes away. Just sit there and wait.

Never had this problem before, it started late last year. Anyone else ?

Had this problem for years, on both LTE hotspot 130ms pings and wired fiber 40ms pings.  I can be conversing with another player on range, then see his gameid as he transmits but not hear it.  This happens so frequently that I get tired of asking them to repeat the transmission.  My Net Status is flat with no warping or other obvious connect problems.  Just updated the sound driver from one that was 9 years old to a "new" 8 year old version.  Will see how it goes....   

So, if when a player says something to me and I don't reply, I'm not being rude -- just didn't hear you.     :O
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:05:40 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 11:19:34 AM »
Download the discord app

problem solved
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 01:12:15 PM »
Download the discord app

problem solved

Does discord let me talk to people on range?  Didn't think so.  Do you post anything relevant in any forum??? Or is just here you come to type stupid things and promote other games?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 05:02:00 PM »
Does discord let me talk to people on range?  Didn't think so.  Do you post anything relevant in any forum??? Or is just here you come to type stupid things and promote other games?

are you the post nazi?

Half the people on range either don't talk or place themselves in charge of the scene
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 06:54:20 PM »
are you the post nazi?

Half the people on range either don't talk or place themselves in charge of the scene

Half of what?  2... 10?  I currently play and can confirm you are just flapping your lipz...

Fade away......

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 08:12:30 PM »
A few weeks ago Windows Defender/firewall asked me to confirm the AH exe file. Which was odd because I never DLed a new version, which could trigger that, or if something changed in the connection. <shrug> just s fleeting thought.

I don’t know what this means, nor if anything changed, it was just an oddity during the same timeline this issue started.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 07:29:27 AM »
A few weeks ago Windows Defender/firewall asked me to confirm the AH exe file. Which was odd because I never DLed a new version, which could trigger that, or if something changed in the connection. <shrug> just s fleeting thought.

I don’t know what this means, nor if anything changed, it was just an oddity during the same timeline this issue started.

You may have triggered it with the setting changes you made.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 04:22:13 PM »
SOLAR FLARES
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 04:40:11 PM »
This has been a problem for me for quite some time and it's new.  My connection is good and I use Discord, with no issues, but it doesn't replace in game VOX.  Something somewhere is dorked with VOX.  It could be anything between the client and the game.  I don't think it's the game because most in my squad don't experience this issue.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 04:55:21 PM »
On range, there's a four second time-limit that will cut off transmission.  Thank goodness.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 10:00:29 PM »

I've heard the word discord so many times, I'm already burned out on it, and never been there or used it yet.... I think I'll pass. The people who spread it aren't the most desirable to be around. I wonder if that speaks for it's masses.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP