Author Topic: Fun Friday Night! My AAR In Response.  (Read 322 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Fun Friday Night! My AAR In Response.
« on: March 02, 2024, 09:42:39 AM »
This is actually a response to a post in another thread but I had such a good time recalling my evening that I didn’t want to bury it there. Hope you all enjoy my trek in the cartoon skies and had as much fun as I did.  :cheers:

I don't think you can claim to be doing it right.   No bish/rook action.  Is that your name I see on the roster?

That’s me alright! I logged in about 8:15PM EST, and finished up a few things before sitting down. It’s rare that I log in and get right to it but since you asked I will tell you exactly how my night went. Here’s my AAP for 3/1/24.

I had to pick my son up from work around 9PM so as I often do on those nights, I pointed a set of buffs toward a far away strat around 8:30PM and headed off to get my boy. I chose Lancs to the Knight dar factory because it was the closest one that was nearest our highest base and with no active dars to go through. A good route for an afk trip. I returned roughly 40 min or so later and was about a sector or so away from the target. Those heavy pigs got up to about 23K before I stopped asking them for more lol.

I made two passes on the factory and got it down to 51%. On my way back I took out three more base dars and some other soft targets on the way when 68Hobo caught up to me in a P47. He downed one of mine and I was able split him up pretty bad but he was able to get away and land. I was #4 on his kill list so nice for him. Oddly enough, the night before we tangled for almost five or six sectors in my B24’s and his P47. I won that one so we are 1-1.  :salute Looking forward to our next bout! All in all it was about a nine sector round trip over 75 minutes or so and I landed just under 20K damage. Didn’t even realize I left three 500lb bombs in the chamber.

I then moved our CV away from the Knight island because I noticed Cybro moved it recently and of course there was buff flashing its radar. As I often do with a Cybro boat, I set it on a one way Gilligan’s Isle trip into the middle of nowhere.

Next I aimed a set of B24’s toward the Bish AAA from our Southern high alt base and went afk to hang out with my fam, returning like 25 min later maybe. We were watching the latest episode of Next Level Chef. We record and don’t do commercials or needless American drama editing. It’s a 30 minute show when you do give or take.

When I sat back down in the game I was still about three sectors from the AAA so I set a direct course to the joint. On a side note… the cv was free of Cybro and closer to Bish island so I gave it a nudge that way. Went afk again to finish the show with the fam.

Maybe 15 minutes or so later I returned near the Bish AAA. Long story short I got it down to about 70% and saved a few eggs for the ammo strat that I dumped to 90%.

At this point, it was roughly 10:50PM and I was maybe three or less grids away from touch down. Numbers had changed, Rooks were down to about 23 players and outnumbered 2:1 by the Bish and 1.5:1 by the Knights. Unfortunately I ran into a Bish raid heading to Rook island and I didn’t make it home. Forget the two guys names who got me as it all happened pretty fast.  :salute To them. It would have been an 11 sector round trip but I only got through about nine of them. I’ll take it!

Bonus note: Cybro retuned to take that boat again and the Bish were flashing it. What are the chances? lol

Having my fill of buffs for the night I upped a fully loaded P-47N to hit an adjacent knight VH base to help out some fellow Rooks attacking another. When I’m not flying solo I look out for the Regulators squad. Great bunch of fellas who play the game the ways I enjoy. I had to hit the head quick but when I came back I was in the middle of being shot down! People were check sixing me but I was otherwise occupied! Oops my bad.  :cheers:

Next up I ran some supplies to DLO52 who was doing his usual damage in a Wirble at a Knight high alt base. Was a long slow climb up a mountain side. After I dropped the goods I grabbed that loaded Nancy again and made two more trips to that base DLO was at. I dropped the vh twice, cancelled the ords once, tangled with an LA, and played bait to bring unsuspecting planes into DLO’s web of dragon fire! Super fun way to spend my last few sorties of the night. Before I could make my third trip they finally got DLO down so I said goodbye and signed off.

I was logged in for maybe 3.5 hours, actually present for 2.5 or less. Baltic is my favorite map too. It does have some issues in the SW so those two sides are usually quieter. Jimmy was working on a nice update but sadly he lost his backups or something equally crappy.

Anyway, if I’m playing the game wrong then I don’t know what you want people to do. I don’t participate in hordes and I am an equal opportunity front attacker. This is how most of my nights progress.

TLDR: Pretty fun Friday night overall… for me anyway. Money well spent.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 09:54:09 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Fun Friday Night! My AAR In Response.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 10:46:36 AM »
tl:dnr - you bombed Knit AAA (helping both Rook and Bish). Then you went after Bish AAA while no one was attacking them.  Rooks were attacking Knits, Bish were attacking Knits, not defending against them. Then you resupped a Rook attacking Knits and joined the attack.

I can see you take virtue signaling very serious.

Why didn't Rooks attack a Bish base? All 33 of you were attacking Knits.  Why the all-in instead of spreading some fun out?  Is it only about YOUR fun?  Would you like me to post comments from players getting tired of this bs and actually considering quitting?

You're weaksauce.  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408917.msg5417679.html#msg5417679

This is actually a response to a post in another thread but I had such a good time recalling my evening that I didn’t want to bury it there. Hope you all enjoy my trek in the cartoon skies and had as much fun as I did.  :cheers:

That’s me alright! I logged in about 8:15PM EST, and finished up a few things before sitting down. It’s rare that I log in and get right to it but since you asked I will tell you exactly how my night went. Here’s my AAP for 3/1/24.

I had to pick my son up from work around 9PM so as I often do on those nights, I pointed a set of buffs toward a far away strat around 8:30PM and headed off to get my boy. I chose Lancs to the Knight dar factory because it was the closest one that was nearest our highest base and with no active dars to go through. A good route for an afk trip. I returned roughly 40 min or so later and was about a sector or so away from the target. Those heavy pigs got up to about 23K before I stopped asking them for more lol.

I made two passes on the factory and got it down to 51%. On my way back I took out three more base dars and some other soft targets on the way when 68Hobo caught up to me in a P47. He downed one of mine and I was able split him up pretty bad but he was able to get away and land. I was #4 on his kill list so nice for him. Oddly enough, the night before we tangled for almost five or six sectors in my B24’s and his P47. I won that one so we are 1-1.  :salute Looking forward to our next bout! All in all it was about a nine sector round trip over 75 minutes or so and I landed just under 20K damage. Didn’t even realize I left three 500lb bombs in the chamber.

I then moved our CV away from the Knight island because I noticed Cybro moved it recently and of course there was buff flashing its radar. As I often do with a Cybro boat, I set it on a one way Gilligan’s Isle trip into the middle of nowhere.

Next I aimed a set of B24’s toward the Bish AAA from our Southern high alt base and went afk to hang out with my fam, returning like 25 min later maybe. We were watching the latest episode of Next Level Chef. We record and don’t do commercials or needless American drama editing. It’s a 30 minute show when you do give or take.

When I sat back down in the game I was still about three sectors from the AAA so I set a direct course to the joint. On a side note… the cv was free of Cybro and closer to Bish island so I gave it a nudge that way. Went afk again to finish the show with the fam.

Maybe 15 minutes or so later I returned near the Bish AAA. Long story short I got it down to about 70% and saved a few eggs for the ammo strat that I dumped to 90%.

At this point, it was roughly 10:50PM and I was maybe three or less grids away from touch down. Numbers had changed, Rooks were down to about 23 players and outnumbered 2:1 by the Bish and 1.5:1 by the Knights. Unfortunately I ran into a Bish raid heading to Rook island and I didn’t make it home. Forget the two guys names who got me as it all happened pretty fast.  :salute To them. It would have been an 11 sector round trip but I only got through about nine of them. I’ll take it!

Bonus note: Cybro retuned to take that boat again and the Bish were flashing it. What are the chances? lol

Having my fill of buffs for the night I upped a fully loaded P-47N to hit an adjacent knight VH base to help out some fellow Rooks attacking another. When I’m not flying solo I look out for the Regulators squad. Great bunch of fellas who play the game the ways I enjoy. I had to hit the head quick but when I came back I was in the middle of being shot down! People were check sixing me but I was otherwise occupied! Oops my bad.  :cheers:

Next up I ran some supplies to DLO52 who was doing his usual damage in a Wirble at a Knight high alt base. Was a long slow climb up a mountain side. After I dropped the goods I grabbed that loaded Nancy again and made two more trips to that base DLO was at. I dropped the vh twice, cancelled the ords once, tangled with an LA, and played bait to bring unsuspecting planes into DLO’s web of dragon fire! Super fun way to spend my last few sorties of the night. Before I could make my third trip they finally got DLO down so I said goodbye and signed off.

I was logged in for maybe 3.5 hours, actually present for 2.5 or less. Baltic is my favorite map too. It does have some issues in the SW so those two sides are usually quieter. Jimmy was working on a nice update but sadly he lost his backups or something equally crappy.

Anyway, if I’m playing the game wrong then I don’t know what you want people to do. I don’t participate in hordes and I am an equal opportunity front attacker. This is how most of my nights progress.

TLDR: Pretty fun Friday night overall… for me anyway. Money well spent.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 10:50:52 AM »
Sorry you didn’t, you have options.

To be honest, I don’t understand why you even play. All you do is complain about how the game is conducted and the people in it.

I guess this is the unicorn beauty of AHIII… it’s pretty subjective to the user.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 11:08:20 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 11:22:10 AM »
Maybe if you were less weaksauce, I'd remark on it less.  You're myopic and thinking only of yourself - a pretty infantile outlook.

Sorry you didn’t, you have options.

To be honest, I don’t understand why you even play. All you do is complain about how the game is conducted and the people in it.

I guess this is the unicorn beauty of AHIII… it’s pretty subjective to the user.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 12:15:10 PM »
Rooks are the biggest problem. They fly 20k to pick, then rampant HOs, pick pilots already in a fight and gang bang knits when bish are hitting knits,  when met with equal force they scatter. Not all, but most. Their sportsmanship is lacking. Its the gamer’s way, not the simmers way. I say this after weeks of repeats. People play this way when skills are lacking. Its showing.

My apologies for including all Rooks, when some are respectful honorable players.

Come play MotA tonight, its an epic furball at 20k. Get your ya-yas out.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 01:14:12 PM »
This isn't about how people play the game... you can be a 20k picker or a resupply maniac, it doesn't matter.

When each team is carrying 40 players, and literally all 80 of them are attacking 40 of them, there is an issue.

0 fights on in the hour I was logged in last night between 2 of the 3 countries.

A bit more noticeable when it's 130 people in the arena vs 40.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 01:59:36 PM »
This isn't about how people play the game... you can be a 20k picker or a resupply maniac, it doesn't matter.

When each team is carrying 40 players, and literally all 80 of them are attacking 40 of them, there is an issue.

0 fights on in the hour I was logged in last night between 2 of the 3 countries.

A bit more noticeable when it's 130 people in the arena vs 40.

I agree 100% on every word. However, it is a choice they made on how to play. But your point is spot on. Both CAN be true. :)

Knits are a force to reckon with, its fear.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 05:33:22 PM »
I agree 100% on every word. However, it is a choice they made on how to play. But your point is spot on. Both CAN be true. :)

Knits are a force to reckon with, its fear.

No they aren't. 

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 01:49:38 PM »
Maybe if you were less weaksauce, I'd remark on it less.  You're myopic and thinking only of yourself - a pretty infantile outlook.

Nothing against you. But had I talked this way to a certain few ppl on these bbs, 1-3 of them would automatically hit the report button. Yep, the report button is abused here too. I’m pretty sure if I reply at all they hit the report button.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks