Author Topic: Using second account to…  (Read 2444 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Using second account to…
« on: March 13, 2024, 06:44:10 PM »
Are there rules as to what behavior is not allowed?

For example:
Is being logged into two countries at once in order to know the specific location of other players welcome?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Using second account to…
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 06:53:28 PM »
I doubt there is any "officially enforced" rules about that. I say its anything goes now as long as it brings another paying sub in a dwindled game that isnt blantant hardcore cheating
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:13:19 PM »
I see, hmm.

Well, how about using it to target another player, aka “griefing”, is that welcomed behavior in AH?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 07:33:08 PM »

For example:
Is being logged into two countries at once in order to know the specific location of other players welcome?

Two different countries could be a problem. Tempting the gods? Sometimes ne else is too. In different way, pretty disappointed.

I need a happy meal.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 07:39:33 PM »
Completely lame, but not sure how you can successfully ID it.  Can't be too hard to create a second account or have a friend create one.  Oddly enough it seems like it may be more persistent now than when we had 500+ up playing.  IMO it falls into the "annoying, but nothing I can do about it so screw it..."
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 07:41:51 PM »
I would say using two accounts to spy or any form of griefing a player/team would be out of bounds. Or at least it should be.........

But with today's players who knows what they will think is legitimate.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 08:22:45 PM »
I have 2 accounts, one for myself and I pay for my nephew. There is only one PC that runs MS Windows for the both of us and it's at my home. He flies when he visits from school on weekends or holidays as he only has a MacBook at school. I got him his own account so I wouldn't have to account for anything he does in game. I'm sure he'd do nothing to embarrass me but I don't want to have to keep up on any interactions he has with folks. It'd be a PITA at best and disingenuous at worst being a different person behind the in-game handle.
I have had a bad experience sharing an account in the past when I went to the AW convention in 1998. I left my PC and AW account open for anyone to use that didn't bring a PC to Con while I was away touring the aircraft carrier in SF Bay on day 2. Apparently someone(s) used my account to taunt, say vile crap and be complete holes affixed to a derriere in the arena while I was away. It took me a long time to clean that up-especially with one player and friend. Lesson learned.
If it is a problem or seems a problem to the community, I'll certainly shut his account down despite knowing nothing untoward is going on as we can't log on at the same time anyhow. It's not worth anyone even thinking we are sketchy in this regard.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »

For example:

There is this here....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,307699.msg3971548.html#msg3971548

and there is this....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361494.msg4804726.html#msg4804726

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 08:42:03 PM »
Completely lame, but not sure how you can successfully ID it.  Can't be too hard to create a second account or have a friend create one.  Oddly enough it seems like it may be more persistent now than when we had 500+ up playing.  IMO it falls into the "annoying, but nothing I can do about it so screw it..."

I wasn’t even suspecting it until he announced doing so on 200 today.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 09:18:21 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 09:28:26 PM »
People have been banned for using a second account to identify track and harass players. It's hard to identify except when the culprit is stupid enough to admit it on a live stream that was recorded  :devil

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 10:01:04 PM »
The official statement from HTC is you are not allowed to have 1 account logged into the game on one country and another account on another country at the same time.

Having multiple accounts is not a violation. Having multiple accounts logged in at the same time on the same country is no different than 2 people on seperrate accounts.

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 10:13:33 PM »
The official statement from HTC is you are not allowed to have 1 account logged into the game on one country and another account on another country at the same time.

Having multiple accounts is not a violation. Having multiple accounts logged in at the same time on the same country is no different than 2 people on seperrate accounts.

love ya Merv.

take care, i'm on my way out.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2024, 07:20:13 AM »

For example:
No, that is not allowed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com