Author Topic: Daaaaaamn(ed)  (Read 804 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Daaaaaamn(ed)
« on: March 15, 2024, 05:22:23 PM »
Skyyr setting the bar for kills per hour.  :rock :x

https://youtu.be/bhBLExL_yd0?si=usVV6WIyryaXgGGd

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Daaaaaamn(ed)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 08:36:25 PM »
Skyyr setting the bar for kills per hour.  :rock :x

Really? I doubt I'm (or was) even close to the actual bar. (and fwiw, I was only ranked 87 as ftr that tour... this isn't even my best.)

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 08:47:01 PM »
Yeah. He's playing with literally 1/10 the number of players. You literally had 10x the number of targets in Tour 41 and you still end up almost the same as his stats now. Why dont you post your current stats? Oh, wait...

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 09:11:49 PM »
Yeah. He's playing with literally 1/10 the number of players. You literally had 10x the number of targets in Tour 41 and you still end up almost the same as his stats now. Why dont you post your current stats? Oh, wait...

Fact remains, your bragging sounds like a slobberdonkey braying.  Now if you wanted to say he's the current hot stick vs the remnants of this game, by all means, have at it.  :banana:

A bar set is a bar set, and your boi is far from breaking it... even in his prime (2018 as Rusyn according to the boi himself) he fell short of the bar you're claiming he's setting.   :rofl

(edit) And even this isn't the bar - it's 9th that tour... not gonna look thru them all to find out, lol.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 09:22:18 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 09:19:07 PM »

Fact remains, your bragging sounds like a slobberdonkey braying.  Now if you wanted to say he's the current hot stick vs the remnants of this game, by all means, have at it.  :banana:

A bar set is a bar set, and your boi is far from breaking it... even in his prime (2018 as Rusyn according to the boi himself) he fell short of the bar you're claiming he's setting.   :rofl

Is that why you lost to him in the DA? lol.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 09:19:22 PM »

Now if you wanted to say he's the current hot stick

lol I know what that means

That’s what she said
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 09:23:39 PM »
Didn't feel like playing faceshots so I left.  In the MA your boi rams me, we both go down, me first - he claims it as a win, lofl. And not just once.  Sit down, weeb.

Is that why you lost to him in the DA? lol.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 09:38:29 PM »
Didn't feel like playing faceshots so I left.  In the MA your boi rams me, we both go down, me first - he claims it as a win, lofl. And not just once.  Sit down, weeb.

So you admit you lost to Skyyr and quit because you couldn't avoid the easiest shot in the game to avoid. Got it.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 09:44:46 PM »
you couldn't avoid the easiest shot in the game to avoid. Got it.
sorry to re-intrude on this conversation but I’d just like to say the ease in which one can avoid the HO is also dependent on airspeed wouldn’t you say? Avoiding a front quarter shoot is very easy at 250 IAS as opposed to avoiding it at your stall speed No?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 10:01:06 PM »
sorry to re-intrude on this conversation but I’d just like to say the ease in which one can avoid the HO is also dependent on airspeed wouldn’t you say? Avoiding a front quarter shoot is very easy at 250 IAS as opposed to avoiding it at your stall speed No?

Thats entirely the point of actual ACM. For every choice, there's a tradeoff. The idea of not taking defensive angles is purposely so that you can aggressively maneuver for lead turns at a merge; taking front-quarter shots itself is a defensive tactic.

Players here dont like them because they cant make a massively-obvious lead turn when youre slow without getting shot in the face. In literally every other sim, this is the norm and so players never allow themselves to get slow at a merge/re-merge without taking evasive angles.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 10:09:09 PM »
Thats entirely the point of actual ACM. For every choice, there's a tradeoff. The idea of not taking defensive angles is purposely so that you can aggressively maneuver for lead turns at a merge; taking front-quarter shots itself is a defensive tactic.

Players here dont like them because they cant make a massively-obvious lead turn when youre slow without getting shot in the face. In literally every other sim, this is the norm and so players never allow themselves to get slow at a merge/re-merge without taking evasive angles.

blablabla.. I could have shot, but I didn't, and left, because of a lot of context your boi apparently hasn't shared with you.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 10:18:46 PM »

blablabla.. I could have shot, but I didn't, and left, because of a lot of context your boi apparently hasn't shared with you.

There's no context, Shane. You left after getting killed twice, claiming I HO'd you. I'll upload the fights to my channel so everyone can see they weren't even HO's, they were front-quarter shots.

I even offered to fly with no front-quarter shots taken at all, but you still quit. Oh well.

Always welcome to ask for a rematch <S>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:22:51 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 10:50:54 PM »
There's no context, Shane. You left after getting killed twice, claiming I HO'd you. I'll upload the fights to my channel so everyone can see they weren't even HO's, they were front-quarter shots. I even offered to fly with no front-quarter shots taken at all, but you still quit. Oh well. Always welcome to ask for a rematch <S>

Sigh, here we go.   In the MA you were asking if anyone wanted to go to the DA. You were back not too long (November) and I had heard about you (your ego and alleged shady ways), but our time never overlapped so I thought why not go and see what you have.  I said I would go for fun and when we got there I reiterated that I was there for fun not ego.

First fight went into a spiral climb and we ended up going down and you had advantage and won. 

Second fight, I did a longer, low e reversal, as did you, we re-merged into offset angles and did the same spiral climbing that you like.  As we both slowed enough, you turned into me (I still had some e, thinking it would be similar to the first fight as we both go downward spiral and work for a fun rear shot...

Naw, you take the faceshot that I held.  I called you on it, reminding you fun vs ego.  You said winning was fun.  I left.

That's it, really. You are about your ego.  I don't do DA for ego.

Wanna make this into a film, and maybe capture the text buffer for me?  This is why I don't feel I have anything to prove when it comes to you.  :ahand

That film is also interesting in how it played out, what was said, who was in area...  :noid

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:53:59 PM by Shane »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 10:55:19 PM »
Notice at no point did you ever have your noise pointed at me, nor did you have a shot.

Better luck next time. <S>

https://youtu.be/3k42YOgZ1GE

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:23:00 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 11:58:06 PM »
Notice at no point did you ever have your noise pointed at me, nor did you have a shot. Better luck next time. <S>

If you post the raw film, you'll see I had more than enough e to pull into you for the shot, I chose not to. and you took it - and it was front quarter, just high aspect.  No big, you're all about the win. Credit for posting the buffer.

In the first fight, that first shot you took... that clued me into how you viewed the DA.