Author Topic: Must be nice...  (Read 1290 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Must be nice...
« on: March 17, 2024, 02:51:14 PM »
Watching this film it's hard to believe. I'm going to write the Navy a letter about how much ammo they wasted and bill everyone of them...  :devil

Forgive my language. I put 80 rounds in this TU2 right before I started filming and still did no damage to him, he's dive bombing, hops in his guns and insta hits me giving me 2 out guns and an oil leak (I start filming), then flies right through ack with no damage, hits the turning ship and still flies away unscathed! gotta love it.

So as I'm trying to finish him off, Skyyr comes in of course. I automatically know its him. Who else is going to be in this location in a LA, and then pull up instantly when I turn in. I was surprised to see an La5 honestly. Though at 500 mph vs my no wep, 3 50s and oil leak what can I really do but dip and dodge in ack. Must be nice to be able to dodge 100s of thousands of bullets in a La5 LOL wish I had the speed and E to make it a better fight.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Must be nice...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 03:08:14 PM »
Watching this film it's hard to believe. I'm going to write the Navy a letter about how much ammo they wasted and bill everyone of them...  :devil

Forgive my language. I put 80 rounds in this TU2 right before I started filming and still did no damage to him, he's dive bombing, hops in his guns and insta hits me giving me 2 out guns and an oil leak (I start filming), then flies right through ack with no damage, hits the turning ship and still flies away unscathed! gotta love it.

So as I'm trying to finish him off, Skyyr comes in of course. I automatically know its him. Who else is going to be in this location in a LA, and then pull up instantly when I turn in. I was surprised to see an La5 honestly. Though at 500 mph vs my no wep, 3 50s and oil leak what can I really do but dip and dodge in ack. Must be nice to be able to dodge 100s of thousands of bullets in a La5 LOL wish I had the speed and E to make it a better fight.

(Image removed from quote.)

Had similar issue last night, pretty sure it was same model. I pumped a lot of lead into it with an A5 until I was down to BBs. It wasn’t being all that evasive, so it was even easy for me to hit. It flew away as I was dead after a few strikes from his buddy Skyyr. I’ll leave it with very questionable.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 03:25:00 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 03:26:56 PM »
Was that in the A49 area?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 03:43:48 PM »
Between 106 bish and 44 knights.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 05:32:45 PM »
Between 106 bish and 44 knights.

What kill me was actually hitting water. Same area. I can add to it but I’ll leave there.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 05:46:06 PM »
Sounds like another bad experience. I'm surprised so few people understand how the game's flak hit formula works.

Oh well good fight <S>
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 06:18:48 AM »
Formula? I don't recall Hitech ever sharing that with the community. Can you expand?  There were multiple instances there where some AAA should have hit you, and very surprised that puff ack shot didn't get a peice of you either.

I'm also curious. Did you ask the knights where I was when you rolled or did you see my icon the entire time chasing the second set of Tu2s? I was about 8k away from the bombers after I killed the first Tu2s, so I'm curious if I was showing on the map the entire time?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:01:27 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 07:29:29 AM »
Formula? I don't recall Hitech ever sharing that with the community.

Can you expand?  There were multiple instances there where some AAA should have hit you, and very surprised that puff ack shot didn't get a peice of you either.

I don't recall him sharing it either. I'm just referring to testing I've done on the parameters where ack is more likely to hit you vs not. It's pretty consistent once you've figured it out.

Did you ask the knights where I was when you rolled or did you see my icon the entire time chasing the second set of Tu2s? I was about 8k away from the bombers after I killed the first Tu2s, so I'm curious if I was showing on the map the entire time?

Neither. The scores page showed you were in a -4 when you killed fdski. The dar bar showed there was only 1 con in the 4 grids. I asked wootang what plane was trailing him. He said it was a -4, so it was pretty obvious where you were.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:40:25 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Judge

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 08:26:08 AM »
Skyrr, You're not allowed to use your brain in Clown World! :airplane:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 09:46:56 AM »
Yeah its certainly clown world when a la5 can run through CV ack multiple times and be 200 mph as the only enemy fighter in the area and not get hit once... I've never seen that before.

Also clown world when you both have 100 hours playing this tour and it's only the 18th. Good grief.

Are you really putting the title of the film in your sig? Yikes man.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 10:04:47 AM »

Also clown world when you both have 100 hours playing this tour and it's only the 18th. Good grief.

Perks of having a big boy job. Then again I was gone from December to March, so there's that. One day you'll get there.

Are you really putting the title of the film in your sig? Yikes man.

Says the guy who made an entire post and diagram because his perked plane died to a 30 ENY LA5.

Better luck next time sir.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:20:57 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 10:43:28 AM »
Perks of having a big boy job. Then again I was gone from December to March, so there's that. One day you'll get there.

Says the guy who made an entire post and diagram because his perked plane died to a 30 ENY LA5.

Better luck next time sir.

No, the post was exposing how you took 0 damage as the only enemy plane flying through a full CV boat ack multiple times.

But don't get it twisted. I was damaged, had oil leak, and no E. Not expecting any enemy aircraft to be there in that run with the TUs. Who should also be questioned. And you came in with 500 MPH lol, but you certainly didn't deserve the kill so I'm glad you only got the assist.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 10:57:37 AM »
No, the post was exposing how you took 0 damage as the only enemy plane flying through a full CV boat ack multiple times.

But don't get it twisted. I was damaged, had oil leak, and no E. Not expecting any enemy aircraft to be there in that run with the TUs. Who should also be questioned. And you came in with 500 MPH lol, but you certainly didn't deserve the kill so I'm glad you only got the assist.

Sounds like you had a bad experience. Better luck next time <S>
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 11:14:18 AM »
The most I've ever played was in high school like 14 years ago on summer break. I believe it was 80 hours or so. Even if I had all the time in the world. I wouldn't spend it in a video game every second of the day. It seems like you guys have a very unhealthy addiction to spend this much time playing any game, much less AH lol.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 11:16:46 AM »
The most I've ever played was in high school like 14 years ago on summer break. I believe it was 80 hours or so. Even if I had all the time in the world. I wouldn't spend it in a video game every second of the day. It seems like you guys have a very unhealthy lifestyle to spend this much time playing any game, much less AH lol.

I'd say you had a point, except I haven't touched a joystick in 3 months until 2.5 weeks ago because I was in Ukraine and Turkey. Don't worry, I'll be gone again starting in May.

How's your desk?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...