Author Topic: Hitechcreations and aces high 3  (Read 1565 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Hitechcreations and aces high 3
« on: March 18, 2024, 10:49:59 AM »
with all the crap in this forum, lets see how fast people respond to this positive post!

greatest flight sim/shootem up game ever made, ill be here til they turn off the lights.

just wish hitech could do more updates to the game for us diehards!

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Hitechcreations and aces high 3
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:52:39 AM »
2nd this motion
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 11:01:43 AM »
+ 50
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 11:06:20 AM »
Ohhhh YES.

1. Best balance between accurate flight model and simulator limitations, for example: trim on every surface, auto-trim - because we can't have same feedback as pilot has with his butt and stick forces, while flight model is highly accurate. And I mean it, for example trying to land in IL2 on carrier I couldn't properly control decent with engine like I suppose in real life, but if I compare for example DCS P-51D the behavior was virtually identical to AH3. Accurate models and performance!
2. Same controls for multiple planes - I don't need to know order of switching fuel tanks, priming run full checks like in DCS... because I can't remember them all when I fly different planes, when to enable super-charger or open/close heat control flaps.
3. Excellent views model - hat switch works perfectly well unlike many other games, you don't really need Track IR or VR for AH3, it just works
4. No "no-icons" idi**y. Human vision isn't 1920x1080! It is way better I can easily recognize aircraft from several km away - good luck doing it on screen
5. Community build terrains - this is major enabler for historical setups
6. Special events. They are amazing. You feel BoB, you feel Midway. Nothing even remotely close I've seen in other games. Good balance between history and fun game play

I really admire the great balance between flight simulation, gaming and realism.

I wish HiTech had more resources to develop this game: move to Vulkan and mutiple-OS support, more planes (Beufighter, Yak-1, Pe-2 and more), more periods - including jet ara (Korean War, Six Day war etc)

Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 11:13:18 AM »
Same here! I've been here since tour 21 and I don't plan on leaving ever.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 11:16:32 AM »
Same here Jaeger, here till the lights go out. Planning a visit with Dale here in a few weeks. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 12:03:28 PM »
Ohhhh YES.

1. Best balance between accurate flight model and simulator limitations, for example: trim on every surface, auto-trim - because we can't have same feedback as pilot has with his butt and stick forces, while flight model is highly accurate. And I mean it, for example trying to land in IL2 on carrier I couldn't properly control decent with engine like I suppose in real life, but if I compare for example DCS P-51D the behavior was virtually identical to AH3. Accurate models and performance!
2. Same controls for multiple planes - I don't need to know order of switching fuel tanks, priming run full checks like in DCS... because I can't remember them all when I fly different planes, when to enable super-charger or open/close heat control flaps.
3. Excellent views model - hat switch works perfectly well unlike many other games, you don't really need Track IR or VR for AH3, it just works
4. No "no-icons" idi**y. Human vision isn't 1920x1080! It is way better I can easily recognize aircraft from several km away - good luck doing it on screen
5. Community build terrains - this is major enabler for historical setups
6. Special events. They are amazing. You feel BoB, you feel Midway. Nothing even remotely close I've seen in other games. Good balance between history and fun game play

I really admire the great balance between flight simulation, gaming and realism.

I wish HiTech had more resources to develop this game: move to Vulkan and mutiple-OS support, more planes (Beufighter, Yak-1, Pe-2 and more), more periods - including jet ara (Korean War, Six Day war etc)

Well worded.

He has a supreme opportunity to crush the competition, they have peaked out. This is a much more solid sim/game. It always disappoints me when someone gives into defeat. He has free help offered to him. Delegate the small beans to other trust worthy people and jump back in the coding chair. He has a golden opportunity to get those players back.  Despite the dunning-kruger effect bird in his ear with a negative agenda and motive.

He was working on Vulken when his troubles came knocking. Such a rotten shame on many levels.

I’m more than willing to work on FX for free. I’ll sign an NDA. <shrug>

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 12:05:29 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 12:05:18 PM »
It’s a unicorn in the world for sure. Makes it tough to compare it to other things equally.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 12:20:44 PM »
The best flight simulator ever.... :salute

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 12:40:36 PM »
with all the crap in this forum, lets see how fast people respond to this positive post!

greatest flight sim/shootem up game ever made, ill be here til they turn off the lights.

just wish hitech could do more updates to the game for us diehards!

Sounds like a troll by a MOD looking for more people to mute...

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 12:47:20 PM »
I think VR is the best implementation I've seen. Nothing like that steam VR mess.

Runs good without high dollar hardware.

Community was bar none back in the day as was FSO.

Kinda reminds me of thinking back to the 80ies...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 12:47:51 PM »
Seek help.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 12:49:08 PM »
Great game....so many fun and challenging aspects....well polished product that leaves you wanting more!

:aok :aok
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 12:49:42 PM »

LOL, you wouldn't know a MOD if he slapped you in the face Hazmat. Just sour grapes on your part, you were most likely muted by your country men. If enough people report you it is an automatic mute. Seen it happen many times. That being said, hope you and the family are doing better. Was glad to hear your wife was recovering and back home. <S>
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 12:57:32 PM »
It is the best ever, but I stopped cheerleading for it a few years ago.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!