Author Topic: Hitechcreations and aces high 3  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hitechcreations and aces high 3
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 12:59:57 PM »
Look forward to my daily hour dose of AH almost every night for decades...MNM tonight!

I cannot say that about any other game and I have tried them all

Having daily interaction with other AH addicts is also entertaining

Best $15 a month I have ever spent

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 01:01:17 PM »
It is the best ever, but I stopped cheerleading for it a few years ago.

You're too fat to be a cheerleader not to mention ugly

:cheers:

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 01:04:10 PM »
Sounds like a troll by a MOD looking for more people to mute...

not sure what that even means, but im not a mod whatever that is. i am, however, a loyal player and run monday night madness and anything else i can come up with.  :rolleyes:

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 01:37:00 PM »
not sure what that even means, but im not a mod whatever that is. i am, however, a loyal player and run monday night madness and anything else i can come up with.  :rolleyes:
I didn't say you were. I just said what I thought it sounded like :)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 01:47:30 PM »
This will always be my favorite game. I hate that I spent so many years away, but I plan on staying until HT kicks me out!

AH has sentimental value to me. I played this game and made friends during a time when true friendship was hard to find. I still value those friendships and talk to several of them on a regular basis.

While there are turds that make some nights not as fun as others, there are still a lot of great members of this community that I enjoy bickering back and forth with.

<S>

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 01:50:05 PM »
Best multiplayer flight sim I've seen. I've played all of them a bunch. AW, WB, FA and a few others that have fell through the cracks. Dale and team saw what worked, what didn't and added some amazing twists, outstanding features and came up with a superior product. He also realized there were communities at those dying places and built a good place for the refugees from those failed platforms to land. This forum for one and the communicative aspects in the game keep the social interactions and community feel at a high level. Voice and the radio functions are still better than most other sims and plenty of the games out there. It amazes me that that other gaming venues miss this aspect and rely on 3rd-party stuff for coms and good interaction. Such a basic and non-trivial thing to screw up.
 The player base, albeit dwindling, really has some members who genuinely care for and infinitely add quality to the sim in ways beyond coding and technical advances. It's good to see and it's a mighty plus.

Yeah, it'd be great if building on the platform resumed, we all want that obviously. If it doesn't happen? Well, riding it off into the sunset will still be great.

Ever so worth more than the 15 to 30 dollars a month I spend on it.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2024, 02:27:25 PM »
He has a supreme opportunity to crush the competition, they have peaked out. This is a much more solid sim/game.

It is amazing game but unfortunately I've seen way too many want "high-fidelity" stuff and start playing "pilots" with all the work they need to deal to (i.e. there is a reason most pilots fly one type of plane 99% of the time) - but that is what it is.

I think AH3 model and implementation is pure gold - but I understand when some what something different - ones who want to "play pilots" and play DCS, ones who just want FPS shooter with cool planes play WT - ones who are interested in history and want have fun - play AH3
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 03:26:18 PM »

Eagler
Now that's funny!  LOL
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2024, 05:48:09 PM »
LOL, you wouldn't know a MOD if he slapped you in the face Hazmat. Just sour grapes on your part, you were most likely muted by your country men. If enough people report you it is an automatic mute. Seen it happen many times. That being said, hope you and the family are doing better. Was glad to hear your wife was recovering and back home. <S>

Thanks. I appreciate the thoughts. It's been a rough go for sure. :salute

Not sure how I was getting muted by countrymen as I was on side switcher. I guess it's possible.

Ya, it is sour grapes to me. I really enjoyed playing AH3 and for about 20 years I never had been muted so I took it personally when I started getting muted every time I logged on for everything I said. (which was the same stuff I'd said for the previous 20 years.) I think the last straw for me was when another player called on my behalf (I didn't plan on calling I was had decided I was done) and he said that HT told him there was no record of my being muted. So either the mute logs were wrong (which I doubt) or I got muted by aliens or something. Either way it really is sour grapes on my part.

One thing I don't understand is how some players get Frosty and release a stream of screaming profanities on range but they never seem to get muted. Oh well. The horse is dead Jim.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2024, 05:50:51 PM »

Eagler

Maybe a bud light drinking cheerleader named Dylan?

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2024, 05:53:56 PM »

Ever so worth more than the 15 to 30 dollars a month I spend on it.

Utoh. Is this gonna turn into a dumpster fire over you having multiple accounts? LOL

I got that thing you sent me today btw. Thanks again.

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 06:02:10 PM »
It is amazing game but unfortunately I've seen way too many want "high-fidelity" stuff and start playing "pilots" with all the work they need to deal to (i.e. there is a reason most pilots fly one type of plane 99% of the time) - but that is what it is.

I haven't got into DCS much except to test out the free planes but there is a point there. Even in IL2 I notice that I can't switch from plane to plane like I could in AH3. Some planes are closer then others but you will surely get yourself kilt in a plane that you don't at least have some familiarity with it or you could be like me and burn up the engine on take off and have to glide back to the base you just took off from...

I think DCS and AH3 are too far to ever combine to make a good game. On the other hand I think the added complexity of the plane models in AH3 I think would make it more interesting.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2024, 09:00:30 PM »

I think AH3 model and implementation is pure gold - but I understand when some what something different - ones who want to "play pilots" and play DCS, ones who just want FPS shooter with cool planes play WT - ones who are interested in history and want have fun - play AH3

I don’t really think that much has to change. Maybe some new FXs, as the software to make them has made great advances. A few other changes. I’m not sure if upgrading those will work as designed in the current engine. I don’t get answers, and I’m not asking anymore.

If it were to go the Pretty Manakins route you’d limit some players machines and we don’t have a numbers buffer YET. I’ll bet 1000s want to see it progress s little more. That game is its own boring world, totally different beast,…of burden.

I left during AHII, so AH3 is an update for me.

Some noticeable tweaks, fx update, I’m good. Update 3d engine would be cool, but then I’m not sure what that would entail. 

I’m not as dissatisfied as many, it’s just an update would absolutely draw more players back.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2024, 11:43:36 AM »
Maybe a bud light drinking cheerleader named Dylan?
This is rude dude.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2024, 01:52:51 AM »
Aces High scenarios are still my main hobby, and have been for two decades.

And I have gotten the following people into flying every scenario with me:  my Dad, my two daughters, three nephews, two college buddies, one former co-worker, one former neighbor.

That's how much I love this game.