Author Topic: Some observations after being back a few weeks  (Read 947 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Some observations after being back a few weeks
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2024, 09:00:15 AM »
IMO, late sring -summer is not a great time to judge the game, late summer to spring is.

I’d suggest use summer to get chops up, because winter is much different >IMO<, once we sustain 130+ the game starts popping. Last winter we peaked at 200 in the MA during MotA. Different game play.

I’m always thrilled to see AW vets join in.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 09:08:27 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2024, 09:27:56 AM »
That's useless, but you knew that before you posted it.
It would be nice if you actually posted stuff that was useful instead of condescending, passive aggressive stuff Shame.
Don't you have somebody to scream at about weaksauce in the melee arena.

You just posted an irrelevant whine.  If anything, you're the one being passive-aggressive with your "observations."  You've not even stated anything new, or particularly accurate (as you noted yourself your opinion is suspect.)

You asked about removing system kill messages and I provided you a solution.  You are literally whining about having a solution. Many players don't know about the ability to manage radio tab functions.  Case in point: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,409226.msg5422474.html#msg5422474

Which of these do you not want to see?  Are any of them even relevant to your style of play?

1. kill messages
2. landed messages
3. bomb damage report
4. landed bomb damage
5. base XXX take by ###

And as you've self-owned, noting you can separate system messages into its own tab and keep it minimized/hidden, not even impinging on your other channels, calling it up only when you need to check something from # 1 - 5 above.   

I used to squelch ch 1 and 6 kill messages, and when I returned and found this new presentation, I just rolled with it as being a minor inconvenience - I have everything on one tab, showing 3 lines unless I need to expand it to check something.  Not difficult.  The fact you chose to clutter up your screen with a maximized chat tab is entirely on you. And solutions still exist, yet you're refusing to use your head and find a solution with what is currently provided.

And the radio thing has been around for quite some time.

Does someone other than myself need to point out the obvious that at this point things are not going to get changed, added or removed from this game beyond player-created dress ups with maps and skins?

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2024, 09:55:10 AM »
The skill level of players these days is exponentially higher as a group. The players that are left are much better on average than they used to be. I'm not sure that I agree with this. I've never been that good so I could be wrong. It seems to me that there's just more pickers and "energy management" fighters these days.

At some point, HT decided that darbar wasn’t enough to get fights going so he introduced magical proximity radar which dramatically dumbed down the game. Mostly it made Situational Awareness and decision making with any sort of risk a thing of the past. You can see how a fight is progressing from the other side of the map. It allows you to choose how you will participate or even if you will participate without any thought whatsoever. This is extremely favorable those who live in the ZnB or horde profile. Ya, I'm not a fan of this or not being able to turn off the kill spam. I really don't care who killed who and it sux when I'm tying to find in the kill spam if I managed to kill a VH or something when I'm evading hoards of enemy and trying to read the chat.

I’m not really against 88s I just don’t think they should be the first option.
The ack in general seems wacked since I got back. The puffy from the carrier will blow a maneuvering fighter out of the sky that's going over 400mph and 1/2 a sector away but it can't hit the 3 bombers that fly directly over it in level flight while flying in a straight line.

You’d have an entire community that only picked the best equipment available, climbed to 30k, then ran the second they were in danger. Or simply avoided any combat whatsoever.
I get the feeling this is exactly where it's heading

You seem to be having difficulties in re-adjusting to a game that you recently left after tour 274 (11/22) (mods, right?) and returned in tour 292 (05/24). And the game has undergone exactly zero changes in that time frame of, what, about 18 months? 

Let's look at your bolded "opinions" when you replied to LilMak:

"I'm not sure that I agree with this. I've never been that good so I could be wrong. It seems to me that there's just more pickers and "energy management" fighters these days."

Passive-aggressive whine on play styles and shade on skills.  What you are trying to identify is players who are being smart in how they chose to engage. Always been this type around, having more population than say, the furballers/dogfighters. There are even less of these pickers and e-fighters than in the past, they just stand out more now and can be dealt with by... well, flying better than you seem to be doing.

"Ya, I'm not a fan of this or not being able to turn off the kill spam. I really don't care who killed who and it sux when I'm tying to find in the kill spam if I managed to kill a VH or something when I'm evading hoards of enemy and trying to read the chat."

Passive-aggressive whine on inability to manage your comms. If you missed the hangar destroyed message and need to know you if popped a VH, it's visible with smoke, or you could open map and hover over to see status of VH or other infrastructure.

"The ack in general seems wacked since I got back. The puffy from the carrier will blow a maneuvering fighter out of the sky that's going over 400mph and 1/2 a sector away but it can't hit the 3 bombers that fly directly over it in level flight while flying in a straight line."

Passive-aggressive whine about something that has been the same since, like, forever.

"I get the feeling this is exactly where it's heading"

Passive-aggressive whine about others' play styles (again.) And still incorrect.

And your forum posts in general are full of passive-aggressive comments, especially during that timeframe.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 11:05:29 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2024, 10:38:54 AM »
IMO, late sring -summer is not a great time to judge the game, late summer to spring is.

I’d suggest use summer to get chops up, because winter is much different >IMO<, once we sustain 130+ the game starts popping. Last winter we peaked at 200 in the MA during MotA. Different game play.

I’m always thrilled to see AW vets join in.

Aye, I was thinking maybe to take a break for the summer as like many I've got so much to do around here. I'm hoping the numbers keep up and with a few tweaks like the smaller maps and getting old players to return the numbers might get even better. I still think some FTP would be the best thing to bring up the numbers but it seems that horse has been beaten to death.

BTW I didn't bother reading or replying to Shames posts as it appears he has an axe to grind with me and I'm not interested.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2024, 11:12:30 AM »
BTW I didn't bother reading or replying to Shames posts as it appears he has an axe to grind with me and I'm not interested.

Pretty sure I found you on my ankle first - maybe make better life choices. Never cared for gaslighters.  :rolleyes:

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,409359.msg5425150.html#msg5425150   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: