Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 2964 times)

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 05:37:28 AM »
What the actual F!

Do the three of you have to ruin every single thread. All this bbs has become is the three of you pissing all over each other. Just leave already.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 05:47:30 AM »
Drinking and posting is not recommended. MA gameplay gets stale even back when it was populated. all the little events where great but sadly they’re few and far between these days.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 07:35:31 AM »
Not enough people come to the forums for it to make an impact in the game.

I do know one thing that's impacted the MA environment over the last 6 weeks though....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 08:25:37 AM »
Wasn't there one called Tike or something like that? I remember there being 2 squeekers when I was still playing.

One got all worked up about wanting to join Jokers Jokers and the other one would get upset when people weren't defending fields and such.

Both seemed like good kids. I think they were somewhere around 10-13.

Tyke played under his Grandfathers Account. He was in the Sick Puppies Squad. He was a good kid he had the gumption to play and wanted to win. I enjoyed winging with him as he always had the "Let's light the fire and kick the tires" attitude.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2024, 09:41:12 AM »
Yeah, back when you still had squeakers, the school out summer bump would offset the winter bump decline a bit. 

When was the last time AH had a squeaker? 

I think Nefarious was the last squeaker still here.  Was.

I'm younger than Nef  :D.

Apparently, there is a player named ceevee that is supposed to be 12.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 10:02:53 AM »
ceevee vibes fam fr
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2024, 10:08:25 AM »
ceevee is Tykes grandson, he's around 12 years old. Good kid, he fly's with us , Sic Puppies MWK, quite often. He does move around some, Knits Rooks and Bishops. He's pretty good in a tank, real good in bombers, still learning Fighters, although I will confess he's better in a fighter than me lol.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2024, 10:12:15 AM »
Lusche numbers do not show a team of DCS grifters sucking players we brought in out the back doior. As long as he is permitted here your game will die faster. And he loves it.

I think you vastly overestimate the effect the forum has on the game. Hardly anyone reads it on a daily basis except for a core group which isnt very big. This is especially true for newer players. The seasonal effect has always been in play. The sad fact is this game is old, has an old interface, has no active development, and its player base isnt "healthy". By that i mean there are not enough people that are beginners or intermediate players. Pretty much everyone in here would be considered advanced. I know some are way more advanced than others, but for a newb, there pretty much is no difference from their perspective. Most new players are not going to want to stick around after logging into a game with a strange and old interface and then be continually beat down by vets with decades of experience. There are way too many options now days for players, they simply dont stick around long enough to see the true potential of the game.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 12:11:46 PM »
Some delusional, toxic, psychotic, drama queen musta got their drunk on again last night.

The downward population trend has been going on since around 2009-2010.

Nothing I say is convincing anyone to go anywhere and all I've said is people out the try DCS' helicopters because that is a level of flightsim fun you can't get in Aces High as a WWII sim.

I really enjoy the feel of DCS' warbirds, but I have consistently said both publicly on this forum and as several here can attest in PM, that DCS is no replacement for AH (currently).  WWII is not their focus, they don't have a full plane-set and it just isn't designed for the kind of 24\7 server configuration a AH type arena would need.

Usually when I mention DCS, it is in context of discussing the flightsim market and I am mentioning IL2 1946\GB and WT as well, and I don't even play those.  So where exactly am I pulling people and who is it I have such influence over?  If people leave this sim, it is their decision based on their needs not something I said.  Delusional drunks really need to concentrate on finding medical help and healing their own mental illnesses and addictions.

Lusche can, and has explained the long term downward trend multiple times with multiple graphs.  The whys can be debated, but it has been going on years when I am not even around, so find another scape-goat.

Sig line.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 12:38:52 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2024, 12:12:20 PM »
IT’s YOU low life

Quote to prevent edit.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 12:14:56 PM »
I warned you all about DipTrips, yall sat on your hands for a grifter

Quote to prevent edit.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 12:19:52 PM »

Animl is just covering his embarrassment crowing about a seasonal population bump (probably single-handedly due to his efforts), when Lucshe and others tried to explain to him what usually occurs.

Put down the crack pipe.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 12:24:21 PM »
I'm younger than Nef  :D.

Apparently, there is a player named ceevee that is supposed to be 12.

At the time we joked about how annoying they could be (at that age of voice change) but boy I bet they are missed now.

They were the green shoots sign of on-going growth.  Now it's just the occasional soft thud of an old geezers head falling on the keyboard as they drop.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 12:28:39 PM »

I think you vastly overestimate the effect the forum has on the game. Hardly anyone reads it on a daily basis except for a core group which isnt very big. This is especially true for newer players. The seasonal effect has always been in play. The sad fact is this game is old, has an old interface, has no active development, and its player base isnt "healthy". By that i mean there are not enough people that are beginners or intermediate players. Pretty much everyone in here would be considered advanced. I know some are way more advanced than others, but for a newb, there pretty much is no difference from their perspective. Most new players are not going to want to stick around after logging into a game with a strange and old interface and then be continually beat down by vets with decades of experience. There are way too many options now days for players, they simply dont stick around long enough to see the true potential of the game.

I agree. Too bad there's not enough noobs to have a small EW, MW type arena for them to cut their teeth in.

Do you still play BigR? Didn't recall seeing you for quite a while when I was still active.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2024, 12:30:08 PM »
I agree. Too bad there's not enough noobs to have a small EW, MW type arena for them to cut their teeth in.

Why can't they run those in the AvA?  Isn't that the kinda thing it was setup for?