Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Main Arena Trending Down?
« on: April 10, 2024, 09:28:06 PM »
Ever since master of the air month the MA nightly numbers are barely cracking 100. By 10EST it’s in the 70’s or lower. Yes there has been the occasional 130 or so on FSO nights and a couple  weekend nights but I’ve noticed an anecdotal decline the last six weeks or so.

I don’t have any explanation just something i feel I’m seeing. I’m sure someone will swoop in with the stats.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:29:37 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 09:29:49 PM »
Cabin fever is over. Warmer weather is in the way (which ironically means more flying time for me when summer break gets here  :banana:)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 09:58:23 PM »
Was hoping it would stay in the 120’s this summer but that might be stretch.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 10:49:34 PM »
Was hoping it would stay in the 120’s this summer but that might be stretch.

Well.  As Lusche and others have tried to explain, it was the winter bump.

Happens every year.  However over time the highs are never quite as high as the year before, and the lows get lower every year.  That has been the trend for over a decade.

The accounts from two months ago are probably still there, they are just starting to go do other stuff like sports and grilling out etc.

They should up for a great event or next Oct.  But never as many as the year before.

Maybe retiring former players might bolster that up a bit if some can be lured back, but that has been the yearly trend for over a decade.  The average numbers were around 186\night when I had last come back in 2018\2019.  There is a seasonal oscillating cycle overlaying a long-term downward trend.

If people want the trend to fundamentally change, well, change requires change.  The trend probably won't magically change on its own.  That is magical thinking.

It's a pity.  Underneath it all, its' still a solid sim, with a solid server tech.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:13:41 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 10:56:20 PM »
Cabin fever is over. Warmer weather is in the way (which ironically means more flying time for me when summer break gets here  :banana:)

Yeah, back when you still had squeakers, the school out summer bump would offset the winter bump decline a bit. 

When was the last time AH had a squeaker? 

I think Nefarious was the last squeaker still here.  Was.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 12:57:07 AM »
Wasn't there one called Tike or something like that? I remember there being 2 squeekers when I was still playing.

One got all worked up about wanting to join Jokers Jokers and the other one would get upset when people weren't defending fields and such.

Both seemed like good kids. I think they were somewhere around 10-13.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 01:04:38 AM »
Wasn't there one called Tike or something like that? I remember there being 2 squeekers when I was still playing.

One got all worked up about wanting to join Jokers Jokers and the other one would get upset when people weren't defending fields and such.

Both seemed like good kids. I think they were somewhere around 10-13.

I just remember the trans-pubescent squeaks on range, "Anybody need a gunneeeeer????"   :rofl

A game that loses it's youths, loses it's future.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 01:41:22 AM »
I think my kids would be interested in playing the game but I'm not willing to pay for accounts for each of them and one for me lol. They play WoW all the time but only because it's free to play up to level 20. I do wish there was a way to get more young people playing.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 04:35:31 AM »
Well.  As Lusche and others have tried to explain, it was the winter bump.

Happens every year.  However over time the highs are never quite as high as the year before, and the lows get lower every year.  That has been the trend for over a decade.

The accounts from two months ago are probably still there, they are just starting to go do other stuff like sports and grilling out etc.

They should up for a great event or next Oct.  But never as many as the year before.

Maybe retiring former players might bolster that up a bit if some can be lured back, but that has been the yearly trend for over a decade.  The average numbers were around 186\night when I had last come back in 2018\2019.  There is a seasonal oscillating cycle overlaying a long-term downward trend.

If people want the trend to fundamentally change, well, change requires change.  The trend probably won't magically change on its own.  That is magical thinking.

It's a pity.  Underneath it all, its' still a solid sim, with a solid server tech.

IT’s YOU low life
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 04:36:23 AM »
I just remember the trans-pubescent squeaks on range, "Anybody need a gunneeeeer????"   :rofl

A game that loses it's youths, loses it's future.

Its you
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 04:37:41 AM »
Ever since master of the air month the MA nightly numbers are barely cracking 100. By 10EST it’s in the 70’s or lower. Yes there has been the occasional 130 or so on FSO nights and a couple  weekend nights but I’ve noticed an anecdotal decline the last six weeks or so.

I don’t have any explanation just something i feel I’m seeing. I’m sure someone will swoop in with the stats.

Take a long look at your buddy DipTrips. I WARNED YOU. I TOLD YOU SO.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 04:39:40 AM »
I warned you all about DipTrips, yall sat on your hands for a grifter
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2024, 04:41:23 AM »
Thats what hapoened when you mention another game 1500 times.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 04:57:38 AM »
Lets face say me simple basic facts of life here. DipTrips and his DCS gang attack. He’s a habitual lying grifter who is no better than s crack dealer.. this is NOT. Normal seasonal drop. Ypu people keep listening to someone who takes the food off your table. Thats why he had to make me look bad so you wouldn't listen.

Trips is our problem and it was allowed. Dumbest thing I ever saw in a biz, ever.

We are 40 less than last summer, the seasonal thing is crap, pure crap. You have sn 80 page post about DCS and you actually have the gull to wunder? Can’t imagine why we list so many whike sn 80 page post about DCS by DCS players eho gaven’t played here in many years. You know who did this, stop acting stupud.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:13:11 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 05:03:24 AM »
Lusche numbers do not show a team of DCS grifters sucking players we brought in out the back doior. As long as he is permitted here your game will die faster. And he loves it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:14:53 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks