Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2024, 11:40:28 AM »

But let's not get away from last months #s. Your squad had 6000 kills almost. Your squad members had the #1 highest kills in 190D, spit16, and La7, the top 5 planes in the game, and unfortunately the stats page is screwed up so you can even see all the totals from you guys vs other players. It's just ridiculous... and if you don't think that has an impact than you are the one not living in reality. Obviously because you play this game 10 hours a day you literally aren't living in reality, lol.

you do understand that we like to fight?  my mornings are spent defending against the mass of bish that are on.  usually afternoons/evenings are spent on the team thats is doubled ganged (which is a larger issues than 3 or 4 guys that like to fight).  as far as in planes why are we to be crippled by plane choice when the bish in the am can literally out number the lobby 3 to 1 and only have 12-14 eny???  the afternoons and evenings again we usually fly on the side getting horded why should i be in a lower eny plane?

If 3 or 4 guys upping to fight planes are killing a game, maybe its not the guys that are killing the game, maybe its the player base?  maybe its the outdated maps and mechanics that are ie baltic map that is up now with the horrible flight times and drive times to a base.  maybe the am eny needs to be adjusted so when there are only 15 people on and 12 are bish they have nothing but jeep and storch selections to encourage side switching.  maybe enact a 2 base capture system per side to keeps fights moving and the map alive.  maybe thats more what we need to concentrate on versus some scoretard in here crying that he cant make number 1 anymore. 

also look at the score page for hours played and there are several others that have played more than any of us, we just are a lil more effective than they are. 

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2024, 01:43:36 PM »
Just wanted to say I've been watching Skyyr's live stream, and its almost (almost) got me back in here. At NO time, have I seen or heard anyone pass information on location of other players, or seen anything "shady" in Skyyr's flying (and before I left game, both him and Kruel used to slap me about like a red headed step child), and both had me in the DA to help me out.

I may or may not return, seeing so much lose the advantage and run to ack in the live streams, unsure of whether that is the norm, or they are just running from Skyyr kinda deal

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2024, 01:45:53 PM »
Just wanted to say I've been watching Skyyr's live stream, and its almost (almost) got me back in here. At NO time, have I seen or heard anyone pass information on location of other players, or seen anything "shady" in Skyyr's flying (and before I left game, both him and Kruel used to slap me about like a red headed step child), and both had me in the DA to help me out.

I may or may not return, seeing so much lose the advantage and run to ack in the live streams, unsure of whether that is the norm, or they are just running from Skyyr kinda deal

Wurzel

Holy cow! There's a name I haven't seen in a long time! Come on back, wurz! Hope you're doing well!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2024, 01:50:22 PM »
Hey Banshee, i'm doing good thanks, you? And yeah, its been a minute lol.....

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2024, 01:57:46 PM »

Wurzel
I wouldn’t say that’s the norm but it is extremely prevalent and it has little to do with who’s chasing them. There are entire squads that will run if you come in with a little altitude. Still, there’s a few who will fight it out but we’re becoming more rare. Part of the issue is the players that are left are of a much higher overall caliber than back in the day. Many resort to hit and run tactics to protect their score.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2024, 02:06:44 PM »

Wurzel

Yeah honestly even I showed up for a bit to play some AH after seeing the stream, did some 1v1s with them too and it was fun. They are not in past or present cheating, just tearing up the skies and enjoying the game xD

Unfortunately tho on topic of this thread, the MA gameplay couldn't hold my interest much.. takeoff at an airfield, fight dies, switch team, repeat.. but now you are stuck on that team for hours, so you log off when there is no action.  :frown:

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2024, 02:12:21 PM »
MA gameplay couldn't hold my interest much.. takeoff at an airfield, fight dies, switch team, repeat.. but now you are stuck on that team for hours, so you log off when there is no action.  :frown:

Which is why I want the time switch back to 1 hour!!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2024, 02:17:18 PM »
Thanks LilMak, Krupinski, good to "see" you both. Appreciate the info

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2024, 04:39:01 PM »
Wow another habitual "flyer"..... lol good to see several of yall in this thread.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2024, 05:09:41 PM »

Also, here's one of our last fights. You call this "coming at you"? You were literally capping the base I upped from. You had every advantage in this scenario. We even met co-alt and co-E. And no, I was never on your team previously, so you can't accuse me of switching from your side either.

It seems to me it's not an unfair advantage you're complaining about, you're complaining about just having to fight anyone competent at all.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404990.0;attach=37408

Here is the fight in question shortened where I have you on knights as Skyyrii and then switch to Bish to roll at the field I'm engaging. This is unlisted for now, time stamp in description. I was defending my field first from these bombers then went to that field as we searched for those TU2s. I cut some time out flying there. I actually didn't even realize you rolled at this field until I rewatched the film. Interesting that you weren't on radar at all, but as you can see, I didn't vulch anyone just watching VonnMF do some damn good defense maneuvers in the a6m. When I saw on Roster that you switched to Bish. I got alt knowing you were coming and I saw you come in Co-e ready for a fight as I knew you would. Then you had to HO me which is... sigh. Watching your video, I'm very surprised you even got a hit there... insta blow up of course. But then I rolled again and after a few tangos I see you out there again coming in. We do a merge, you miss your HO, and then get wacked by my HO. Such fun.... yawn.

Here is another example, also unlisted, of you switching teams to engage me while defending my field in a G2 after I get a kill. It was a fun and intense defensive sortie for me actually despite getting 2 assists. Time stamp in description.

And these are just 2 of multiple examples of Skyyr switching to jump into my fights as soon as I get a kill every time I log in.f It's not that I don't want to fight against Skyyr. It's that he's super annoying about his tactics and he's trying to come at me every single time I fly, generally while I'm defending, with these damn rocket planes with full speed and E and  just HOs like a dweeb so it's not even fun fighting, and he wants to say it's about the "fight", but we all know that's not the case.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2024, 05:37:29 PM »
Here is the fight in question shortened where I have you on knights as Skyyrii and then switch to Bish to roll at the field I'm engaging. This is unlisted for now, time stamp in description. I was defending my field first from these bombers then went to that field as we searched for those TU2s. I cut some time out flying there. I actually didn't even realize you rolled at this field until I rewatched the film. Interesting that you weren't on radar at all, but as you can see, I didn't vulch anyone just watching VonnMF do some damn good defense maneuvers in the a6m. When I saw on Roster that you switched to Bish. I got alt knowing you were coming and I saw you come in Co-e ready for a fight as I knew you would. Then you had to HO me which is... sigh. Watching your video, I'm very surprised you even got a hit there... insta blow up of course. But then I rolled again and after a few tangos I see you out there again coming in. We do a merge, you miss your HO, and then get wacked by my HO. Such fun.... yawn.

Here is another example, also unlisted, of you switching teams to engage me while defending my field in a G2 after I get a kill. It was a fun and intense defensive sortie for me actually despite getting 2 assists. Time stamp in description.

And these are just 2 of multiple examples of Skyyr switching to jump into my fights as soon as I get a kill every time I log in.f It's not that I don't want to fight against Skyyr. It's that he's super annoying about his tactics and he's trying to come at me every single time I fly, generally while I'm defending, with these damn rocket planes with full speed and E and  just HOs like a dweeb so it's not even fun fighting, and he wants to say it's about the "fight", but we all know that's not the case.

cc good fights! I believe the running tally is 7 - 2 thus far. Was kind of odd to hear the video of you cursing and drop 18 F bombs on vox when you died (not even exaggerating). For that matter, it's kind of odd to see you curse and talk trash every time you die. Seems... unsporting and something worthy of .report
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 05:48:19 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2024, 05:43:58 PM »
Here is the fight in question shortened where I have you on knights as Skyyrii and then switch to Bish to roll at the field I'm engaging.

Stop feeding it. :aok
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2024, 05:54:28 PM »
Stop feeding it. :aok
Trolls gotta eat too!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2024, 06:12:57 PM »
cc good fights! I believe the running tally is 7 - 2 thus far. Was kind of odd to hear the video of you cursing and drop 18 F bombs on vox when you died (not even exaggerating).

No no, there is no tally. Especially with your shades. Changing teams to engage me is already an advantage since I'm in the fight thinking you are on either my team or the third team while you are manipulating the game with shades to switch and set up an advantage against me. You switching and coming to the fight with the intention to target and kill me is a complete advantage on your part which means your supposed "kills" are doctored to your advantage and not mine. Coming in at ridiculous speeds to rope or HO me. Thus those kills aren't registered in any measurable fairness and not a true representation.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:31 PM »
No no, there is no tally. Especially with your shades. Changing teams to engage me is already an advantage since I'm in the fight thinking you are on either my team or the third team while you are manipulating the game with shades to switch and set up an advantage against me. You switching and coming to the fight with the intention to target and kill me is a complete advantage on your part which means your supposed "kills" are doctored to your advantage and not mine. Coming in at ridiculous speeds to rope or HO me. Thus those kills aren't registered in any measurable fairness and not a true representation.

So climbing up from under you, from a base you are capping, meeting you co-alt and co-e is "unfair" and an "advantage"? lol

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404990.0;attach=37408

What about when you come after me and die? Do those count? What about, for example, engaging you solo 1v2 from an alt disadvantage and then killing you whilst upside down from 600yds out?

lol I'm seeing a pattern here: "Fair is whatever I say it is."

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:32:48 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6