Author Topic: Virpil controls. Issue with buttons  (Read 143 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Virpil controls. Issue with buttons
« on: April 12, 2024, 02:16:51 PM »
I have a Virpil stick and Mongoose throttle.  The game sees x/y/z and throttles but not many other buttons nor the flap lever.   Any ideas why? 

Also, it seems like neither controller can map buttons outside the general category.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Virpil controls. Issue with buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 02:26:06 PM »
I set my virpril stick up with virpril calibration software first then mapped everything in AH
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 04:18:27 PM »
I have a Virpil stick and Mongoose throttle.  The game sees x/y/z and throttles but not many other buttons nor the flap lever.   Any ideas why? 

Also, it seems like neither controller can map buttons outside the general category.

Virpil provides a mapping application for the Mongoose. It works but the learning curve is mountainous for a one time only need. I'd rather go have a root-canal than need to do it again without direction. You might find this helpful:
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404552.msg5354906.html#msg5354906
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 11:56:58 AM »
I figured it out by redoing the profile and now the buttons all work.  Not sure what went wrong the first time but watching a few tutorials helped.  You damn near need a class in configuring the thing.