Author Topic: Did I NEED an M211? No. Is it awesome HECK YEAH!  (Read 1238 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Did I NEED an M211? No. Is it awesome HECK YEAH!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 05:26:42 AM »
Well done! And remember, brakes are fatal for the speed.

I had, long time ago, some difficulties to explain my fiancée, that -79 Stepside Dodge D150 Warlock is necessary for transporting my 3 kg chainsaw to the summerhouse. Actually, after a test drive, she fell in love with it!      :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:32:18 AM by GasTeddy »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 12:17:26 PM »
I'll be transporting my 5ver RV to Lake Belton tomorrow with my Denali. A few days on the lake. The weather will get questionable but we are meeting friends there. That should turn out to be a fine time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 08:04:02 PM »
  Heh I've got plans to make a nice removable sleeper or possibly a full camper for this truck.  I'm thinking a short sleeper on the front of the bed leaving room for ATVs on the rear makes the most sense.  And you know a crane or elevator to haul them all the way up there?   

The new master brake cylinder came in today. Almost identical to the original and I found that the tall fill/vent tube was just screwed into the top of the old one so I can put it all back in just like it was. :) 
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2024, 02:14:50 PM »
  Heh I've got plans to make a nice removable sleeper or possibly a full camper for this truck.  I'm thinking a short sleeper on the front of the bed leaving room for ATVs on the rear makes the most sense.  And you know a crane or elevator to haul them all the way up there?   

The new master brake cylinder came in today. Almost identical to the original and I found that the tall fill/vent tube was just screwed into the top of the old one so I can put it all back in just like it was. :)

If you plan to transport ATVs and other rolling things, tail lift might be an option.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2024, 10:29:47 PM »
 Just updating my progress. :)     This truck has been like a dog that knows it's going to the vet. Every time I thought I was ready to take it in to the DMV some new little problem would pop up.. Nothing HUGE but just enough to keep her from being drivable...
 BUT I finally got her registered yesterday morning! The DMV lady loved it.
 Got a new carb, new fuel pump and regulator, turn signal switch, lights and tail lights and had to rebuild the AIR PAK because not having brakes when trying to stop this thing isn't fun MMmmK.   
  Here is a pic my coworker got of me driving into work today.   She's slow but oh so fun. AND SIMPLY JUST COOL AS HELL!!  :P
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2024, 08:14:24 AM »
And I’m still jealous!  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2024, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2024, 11:50:15 AM »
Very cool.
The Damned
Founded 1988