Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 4384 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2024, 12:29:34 PM »
I love how a chute explodes 💥 when you shoot it.  My favorite part of the game next to watching you cry about it.   :ahand

I have made a remark about it just once in all time I've been in AH, so your fun has been pretty limited.

But I understand you very well, as I've seen other people who have had similar symptoms. Every time we brought to some suspect to a mental state examination.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2024, 12:32:54 PM »

One thing Krupinski is 100% correct about is that online flight sims like this are a very delicate and precious thing.  DCS is rumored to have $$$ problems right now, and one of their largest subcontractors Razbam is on "strike" due to not being paid in 9 months.  We could easily  be stuck with Warthunder/etc as our only choice someday in the not distant future. 

I’ve been saying this for months. Former AH player(s)now DCS players are skimming from here to save their investment in DCS. They claim I was wrong when they knew I was right. That type of payment plan is not the long game. Players are discovering how expensive it is and less fun.

-2000 players in 2-3 mos is not just a version that doesn’t play well on steam. Some of our return players flew DCS at some time.

IATSE union is going after the gaming industry to unionize game workers. 9 mos without pay is an easy in.

Subs is the long game.even the homeless can play at .50 cents per day.

I’m not sure WT is a good match for this crowd. AH might out last many of them as is. Much lower over-head.

It may turn out that AH stepped in poop and comes out smelling like roses. To a point.

-fleeting thoughts
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2024, 12:40:50 PM »
Tens of thousands of people play DCS. We're trying to steal 5 or 10 from Aces High? No one can take anything you say seriously Animl. No one.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2024, 12:45:53 PM »
I got over 10,000 views on a DCS youtube video in a few weeks. Just short of 11,000 right now. Show me just one of your Aces High videos with that many views. Show me just one of yours with even a thousand views?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2024, 12:47:22 PM »
I should have been specific, I agree with Krup regarding the "old feelings" part, as well as his observation that Skyyr isn't cheating.  I've watched all of his streams/vids, and he's not.  He's just a very, very good shot, combined with excellent SA, energy management, etc. 

I would say "no", IF HTC had specific rules regarding targeting a single individual over and over - but I don't see how anyone could regulate such a thing.  What with the auto switch feature being what it is, it's easy to see why squads would have multiple accounts, in order to not be split up by the auto-side switch thing. There are no rules, nor should there be IMO, about using intelligence, common sense, deduction, whatever, to figure out where individual opponents are. 

Now if HTC were to eliminate the auto balance/switch feature, and say in the TOS that players shall have but one single account, and not engage in using multiple accounts in order to gain information about the other teams and opponents, I think you would have a valid complaint Violator.

As of now, despite how PO'd you are, I don't think HTC is going to make a decision in your favor.

Why don't you just fight back when Skyyr comes looking for you?  I'm coming back myself shortly, and I HOPE Skyyr targets me, as I want to improve rapidly once I shake the rust off, and you can't learn unless you lose.  If a few of us got together and fought against Skyyr's squad, it'd be a lot of fun I think, something approaching the "good old days" of AH circa blue/orange servers time period. 

Violator - would you care if a new player decided he didn't like you and wanted to just target you, and did so, yet you killed him every time you both clashed?  Think about that for a second - what is it that really is making you upset at Skyyr?

Look, I'm not defending Skyyr, hell it was me who was largely responsible for getting him banned in the first place (I regretted that, and sent in umpteen PMs to HTC/Skuzzy in an attempt to undo what I did, in order to get Skyyr unbanned), but IMO the game needs players like him, no matter how much his ego, attitude, ch 200, whatever might grate on some people.  He's not cheating, and not breaking any rules so far as I can tell. 

One thing Krupinski is 100% correct about is that online flight sims like this are a very delicate and precious thing.  DCS is rumored to have $$$ problems right now, and one of their largest subcontractors Razbam is on "strike" due to not being paid in 9 months.  We could easily  be stuck with Warthunder/etc as our only choice someday in the not distant future. 

edit - a big reason why Bluberry got banned (IIRC it was at least a major contributing factor) was that subforum he had going in the squad area.  It was actually hilarious, and a lot of fun posting in there for a while, but I can see how HTC lost their sense of humor over it.  Him using some sort of cheat in the game is news to me, and unless HT says it happened...

Gman, you could enforce it after undeniable proof with multiple films and give them a ban for 3 months for this action. It's not healthy for the game and should be gravely frowned upon.

This isn't about hacking. This is about targeting and manipulating gameplay by a player with devious intent towards another player regardless of the strategy of the MA. Bascially what you are implying is that you are okay with Skyyr running players out of the game using underhanded tactics provided by the game, like kills showing up in the feed, which is the worst decision ever implemented. This completely defeats any anonymity in the war and battle and makes it easier for players to use it to abuse the gameplay and players. This infact has ruined the integrity of the MA on many levels. Skyyr and other players should not be allowed to look me up after I kill player on the whole map and gain the advantage of that and chase me down. How is that fair, Gman?

Yes, I would care if a player was specifically targeting me all over the damn map every sortie I flew. It's not about me killing him, it's about him forcing me to change my SA and dynamic of the fight no matter what im flying mind you as soon as I know they have switched and will engage me after I get my first kill that shows up on the screen. Again, no other player has gone to this extreme to engage and that is why I dont respect Skyyr right now. How is him seeing me get a kill, switch to that team, then pick any plane he wants, get all the alt and speed he wants to engage me fair, Gman? This is unethical and again ruins the integrity of the MA by changing my ability to be able to defend a field keep them from Jabo or a base take. This guy wants to come in blazing in a 190D, La7, or 152, and you people tell me to get better? Give me a break. The guy still can't hardly kill me with all that advantage but it's really annoying the hell out of. He has all day to fly. I don't.

You want me to spend the hour I play to enforce the same tactics on him and others? You think that's great for the game? Who cares about the war strategy anymore? Who cares about base defense. Who cares about anything on the map right, it's just all about looking up which player I should go after and attack only them right when I enter the engagement with whatever plane I want and speed? That's what the MA is now and gaming of the game contest? This again, ruins the integrity of the MA and a players ability to effect the gameplay for their team.

One of Skyyrs only 2 kills on me he sees me get a kill defending my field, switches to that team. Grabs a La7 and prevents me from defending a field that they took while he HOs me and gets my engine right after they took the field so gets the kill. How is that not ruining the integrity of the game play?

If you think I'm gonna spend my hour chasing this guy around in his super planes with friends and his squad on my team, or getting jumped by him while im trying to defend a field every time I get a kill, than I guess it's just about time I finally cancel my sub after 12-14 years and play another flight sim because it's no longer enjoyable or a natura gameplay experience for me.   :aok

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2024, 12:47:40 PM »
I got over 10,000 views on a DCS youtube video in a few weeks. Just short of 11,000 right now. Show me just one of your Aces High videos with that many views. Show me just one of yours with even a thousand views?

Yeah, didn't think so.

What’s your YouTube’s?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2024, 12:58:19 PM »
I have made a remark about it just once in all time I've been in AH, so your fun has been pretty limited.

But I understand you very well, as I've seen other people who have had similar symptoms. Every time we brought to some suspect to a mental state examination.

🥱
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2024, 12:59:26 PM »
What’s your YouTube’s?

This is the video that's gotten me the most views. A small amount compared to many who make DCS youtube videos but still surprised me. Stealing a handful of AH players for a game with probably over 100K supporters? Come on.

I don't want to exaggerate but I suspect at least a million people have bought at least one DCS module.

https://youtu.be/NVH2dpvjEh4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:02:00 PM by AKIron »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2024, 01:00:26 PM »
Gman, you could enforce it after undeniable proof with multiple films and give them a ban for 3 months for this action. It's not healthy for the game and should be gravely frowned upon.

If you think I'm gonna spend my hour chasing this guy around in his super planes with friends and his squad on my team, or getting jumped by him while im trying to defend a field every time I get a kill, than I guess it's just about time I finally cancel my sub after 12-14 years and play another flight sim because it's no longer enjoyable or a natura gameplay experience for me.   :aok

Violator is scared of Skyyr and wants a referee to end the match.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah.  You're "elite" uh huh.   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:02:15 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2024, 01:06:12 PM »
This guy gets a LOT of views. 52K in 21 hours.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2024, 01:11:34 PM »
Violator is scared of Skyyr and wants a referee to end the match.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah.  You're "elite" uh huh.   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scared? I had to get 13k in a 109G14 over my own field with TheJudge on my team when I saw Skyyr switch from my team to Rooks, so he could engage in a 152 and have his buddy Starpig pick me. You guys aren't good and it's pathetic when you have to resort to these tactics and then pretend you are good.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:13:20 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2024, 01:13:08 PM »
Understanding a 1 circle vs a 2 circle fight extends to all combat flight sims btw. Know your aircraft. Know your enemy's.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2024, 01:21:10 PM »

Yeah, didn't think so.

Sometimes the YT algorithm just clicks for certain things and recommends it to more people, I don't know how it's calculated but feels like it's based on your previous videos with a bit of randomness.

If I post an IL2 video it will get 1k+ views in a few days or less, if I post a DCS video with the same type of flying, it could take a month to reach the same amount of views. You would think maybe it's the opposite since DCS overall has more players. Granted many of the views will come from your subscribers, but you see the same trend in the views from non subscribers as if the algorithm is/is not recommending it.

Offline Judge

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2024, 01:26:05 PM »
Scared? I had to get 13k in a 109G14 over my own field with TheJudge on my team when I saw Skyyr switch from my team to Rooks, so he could engage in a 152 and have his buddy Starpig pick me. You guys aren't good and it's pathetic when you have to resort to these tactics and then pretend you are good.

I upped for my last sortie.. I got picked 45 seconds in and logged!.. Quit the CLOWN WORLD BS!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2024, 02:01:59 PM »
And folk wonder why I am happy when ever you shoot me down? The "ROLE REVERSAL". Spit on Pony redux! :rofl   I may, or may not, had been talking about our run up against     a Banshee in last scenario :rock    I knew it was you(in role reversal), thus my talking about scenario....?   I am flying with SicPuppies...while trying to keep The BW Squad alive....they get me and let me on their channel.   "BW? Same Banshee? Its love...Praise to Braised"..they were laughing their tulips of!   Skyyr was just as much a Role Model as Violator was, in my experience/coming up in AH. This stuff hurts me. I REFUSE to take sides! We ALL get frustrated, from time to times...I just can't wrap my head around the animosity. I know for a fact, if Violator watched his film and let go of bias(if that is right word), he might just learn something? On other hand, Skyyr's trolling doesn't help the situation either. I have never had that issue with him. Then again, I don't mouth off to him?   Skyyr is #2 in my book. Book being "ACM" examples.  Requiem(of Air Combat Tutorials), then Skyyr, then Growling Sidewinder...Violator is a super close #3 to GS(CO BWDelta had films of training with Violator back in 2014). Lift Vector, Energy Uses, 1 circle vs 2 Circle, Corner speeds...and on.  The #2 and Violator may not explain what they are doing in their videos...but combined with the tutorials...priceless demonstrations. Also...if EVER I had a WTF, how did I mess that up question...answered promptly  :aok

Growling Sidewinder?  Seriously dude, you do understand his vids are extremely-very-highly scripted?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann