Author Topic: How come game mechanics were changed but never announced to the community?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Several changes have been made in the past year to certain game mechanics that went unannounced to this community. HTC, will you finally give patch notes about these changes. If you have made no changes yourself then please check the original game files and confirm that no changes have been made without your knowledge. Thanks! <S>
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Several changes have been made in the past year to certain game mechanics that went unannounced to this community.

Which ones?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Several changes have been made in the past year to certain game mechanics that went unannounced to this community. HTC, will you finally give patch notes about these changes. If you have made no changes yourself then please check the original game files and confirm that no changes have been made without your knowledge. Thanks! <S>

Examples?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Showing who killed who in real time to all is new since I last played which was a minute ago. That a new thing?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Showing who killed who in real time to all is new since I last played which was a minute ago. That a new thing?
It has been around for several years now.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member

These messages are displayed on a tunable text channel aren't they?  So, if you don't have that channel tuned, you wouldn't see them?   

I do remember a discussion on the board about this change being implemented.  It may not have been a code change though - might've just been changing a parameter in the arena settings.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
These messages are displayed on a tunable text channel aren't they?  So, if you don't have that channel tuned, you wouldn't see them?   
I do remember a discussion on the board about this change being implemented.  It may not have been a code change though - might've just been changing a parameter in the arena settings.

Not quite. In the past we could use the .squelch ch 1  and/or 6 to achieve this.

Currently, system messages can be set up under a separate chat tab that you can "hide."  AFAIK this is new, the ability to have 2-3-4 different chat tabs dedicated to certain channels.  Once a tab is set up, it can be dragged to it's own "buffer" that can be minimized and hidden from view.   

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Which ones?

He's been alluding to gunnery being somehow changed for buffs...

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What are the private messages check box in that screenshot?

Thought person to person was blocked?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
What are the private messages check box in that screenshot?

Thought person to person was blocked?

Eagler

It is, as an arena setting, but if it was turned on again you would have the ability to make a text window for it. Heck you could now, but as its off youd never see anything come across that window.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
What are the private messages check box in that screenshot? Thought person to person was blocked?
Eagler

You can still PM same-side.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Shane, thank you for that excellent explanation.  The included screenshots really helped clarify.  <S>

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member

Just the worst decision. Seeing an enemy kill your friendly so you know who they are now in the middle of a battle is cringe. It means you can set up an attack or style over them before the enemy knows who you are. Just absolutely horrible all around for this game that's supposed to be built on war strategy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mERv

• Silver Member

He's been alluding to gunnery being somehow changed for buffs...
Gunnery has not been changed to the best of my knowledge nor have I ever said that.  :cheers:

I'm not getting suckered into another debate on this subject with players who have literally 1000% times less flight time in bombers than I do.

Significant changes have been made in the past year and I have asked Dale directly on the public forum if he will address it. I don't need a response from him or anybody to know what has changed and have adapted well to it but slapping a bandaid on a deep cut never fixes the problem it just creates new ones.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:54:00 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Gunnery has not been changed to the best of my knowledge nor have I ever said that.  :cheers:

Are the changed mechanics a secret?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.