Author Topic: Tornadoes  (Read 386 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Tornadoes
« on: April 27, 2024, 08:44:54 AM »
Checking in on all of our players in the Great Plains. Hope everyone is safe.  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Tornadoes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 03:28:33 PM »
Truly thoughtful! I hope everyone is well too.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 04:40:46 PM »

Chuikov

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 05:58:25 PM »
Yep. Never fun. They get really ugly here in middle TN, been in several, had a few extremely close calls. Been a few years. I expect that to change any time.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 06:09:29 PM »
Yep. Never fun. They get really ugly here in middle TN, been in several, had a few extremely close calls. Been a few years. I expect that to change any time.

Meteorologists claim the “bluff effect” isn’t real, but I beg to differ. We dodge several bullets thanks to the Mississippi River. We still see several, though!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 10:29:05 PM »
My dog alerts me of a storm a day ahead of time and that's no crap! He seen his first tornado (F3) as a puppy and that freaked him all the way out lol.
He'll gets under my desk and I to literally have to drag him out and carry his 130lb silly butt down to the basement.
My son and I went down to Joplin several yrs ago and seen with our own eyes what a F5 does, and they ain't no joke! F3s/F2s are pretty common...heck  we would go look for them. But a F5 erases towns man. Lived in the midwest almost 50 yrs and I don't play around now. Already had two F4s within 75/100 from here this year. When storms are coming, me and the dog don't sleep  :noid
Lighten up Francis

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 12:51:21 AM »
You can see some of them most awesome and beautiful of scenes in the skies of a storm, but under that awe and beauty lurks a danger that can be one's end.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 02:06:21 AM »
I have a picture of one from today about 2 miles away from us, but cant remember how to post photos here  :frown:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:13:21 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 08:17:54 AM »
I have a picture of one from today about 2 miles away from us, but cant remember how to post photos here  :frown:

You have to use an image hosting site and copy/paste the URL here!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 08:37:38 AM »

You can do it all here now.

Goto https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404990.0.html and hit "reply" to the thread.

At the bottom of the reply window is a place to upload files to the thread, click it.

Browse to the place on your computer that you have saved the picture and select it. and and hit post.

Next, right click on the link you just posted and click copy link

goto the thread you want to post the picture and open a reply, and using the "picture" button above the  :furious icon above left paste the link and post.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 11:42:59 AM »

Goto https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404990.0.html and hit "reply" to the thread.

At the bottom of the reply window is a place to upload files to the thread, click it.

Browse to the place on your computer that you have saved the picture and select it. and and hit post.

goto the thread you want to post the picture and open a reply, and using the "picture" button above the  :furious icon above left paste the link and post.

Ahhh nice to know!!! Thanks Fugi!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 01:44:39 PM »

No reports of injuries or even damage as for yet, but what kinda irks me is that no sirens went off in town and the warning on my phone didn't go off until about 15 minutes after it went through.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:26:23 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 01:50:55 PM »
I thought photobucket was free...wtf.  :rolleyes: I'm so far out of the loop it isn't even funny  :bhead

Thank you Fugi  :rock
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:24:45 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 03:03:44 PM »
I thought photobucket was free...wtf.  :rolleyes: I'm so far out of the loop it isn't even funny  :bhead

Thank you Fugi  :rock

No problem buddy! <S>

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 05:34:16 PM »

Well, I'll be damned (used to be Damned), what a great tip!

Thanks for this and all the other tips and hints you provide. Good stuff.

The Damned
Founded 1988