Author Topic: What IF  (Read 956 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
What IF
« on: April 28, 2024, 06:08:10 PM »
With the announcements from Eagle Dynamics on adding existing modules to the flaming cliff pack, like the F-86, and the Mig15 I am curious.

What IF they added WW2 flaming cliffs modules? would more aces high players go that route?

For those reading this that have no idea what flaming cliffs is....aircraft that your used to with no clickable cockpits.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: What IF
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 12:01:16 PM »
The draw of Aces High over DCS imo is a familiar arena capable of hosting hundreds available 24/7. DCS does not have that. Probably never will.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 PM »
The draw of Aces High over DCS imo is a familiar arena capable of hosting hundreds available 24/7. DCS does not have that. Probably never will.

Things might converge.

Well, AH is *capable* of hundreds.
Often in mid-30's.
The other night, prime-US time weeknight, AH had 78 players.

When Enigma CW was running their larger config, They were regularly putting 80+ players with more at the door waiting to get in.

AH server tech has the potential of hosting hundreds.  We all remember those days.  DCS might never get to that due to tech constraints, but AH might never again due to player count decline.  And DCS with two sides is different than spreading across 3 fronts.  80 players on CW would be like getting 200 players in the Melee as far as density and activity.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 01:35:24 PM »
Reducing AH to 2 sides is what is needed with today's sub count..

Smaller maps and two sides would breathe new life into the game imo

Not sure there is any energy behind any change as development is dead as far as anyone can tell ...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 08:35:09 AM »

Not only is this true, lacking the technology, the list of differences is longer. Top of the list they are not the same mindsets.

Lack of AC
DCS could never pull iff MotA without splattering it with AI, trippy’s favorite, AHers want nothing to do with AI.

Tripps wet dream is not going to happen. But like a bible thumper he fluffs up a bad situation, trying his best to ignore the pit falls.

ED doesn’t make their own AC, and currently nothing is in production including bug fixes.

Compared to AH, DCS is extremely boring, less fights than almost empty AH arena which is still more fun.

Some won’t make the move just to spite what Trippy did to these boards , he now works against himself.

Most AHers who take up DCS go elsewhere for actual fun.

Trippy is trying to convince AHers who live real human MA fighting to settle for AI. This guy is disconnected, with a very severe OCD obsession with killing AH for s migration to something they do not want.

Lets not even mention the ver lame DCS community snd their own loss of numbers.

What ever chance Trippy had has passed. Its all repeat delusional fixation.

You might be fond if AH, Trippy wants it dead to protect his investment that is now hanging in the wind. IL-2 would benefit more. Not DCS. Besides most have him on ignore now. He preaches to the choir now. As it should be.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 08:58:27 AM »
Kinda funny. Trippy recites SUMMER numbers when convenient.
Yet ignored winter numbers of 200 at all cost.

Its summer, they flying nothing.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 09:31:11 AM »

Sig line.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 03:24:54 PM »

Sig line.

Wasn’t talking to you, you don’t rate that high
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 04:31:54 PM »
Some find Flaming Cliffs enjoyable probably as I do, but for total fun factor in WW 2 aircraft I find AH more enjoyable. DCS can become as much work as it is fun. Especially in the modern era aircraft.
Lighten up Francis

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 04:36:57 PM »
Real aircraft are work. The more you work at it the more automatic it becomes. Skill hard earned is more meaningful than not.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 05:36:54 PM »
Some find Flaming Cliffs enjoyable probably as I do, but for total fun factor in WW 2 aircraft I find AH more enjoyable. DCS can become as much work as it is fun. Especially in the modern era aircraft.

In a way I can somewhat agree.

But the details of DCS and the flight management add to the immersive situations. I bought all the Warbirds at once minus the Mossie and the I-16. So far the P-51 is the best one. The mirror in that plane alone man is crazy as hell. Amazes me how they got that mirror to work that good.

Most of the Aces High players I have know over the years that have tried DCS Warbirds all said the same thing. They did get the plane to takeoff but blew the engine up when in the air. They tried it about three times then gave up.

I figured that if DCS made the Warbirds into flaming cliffs mode it would help to retain players.

And for all the crap people talk about DCS, they are just not ready for that level of immersion and excitement.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 06:10:05 PM »
Things might converge.

Well, AH is *capable* of hundreds.
Often in mid-30's.
The other night, prime-US time weeknight, AH had 78 players.

When Enigma CW was running their larger config, They were regularly putting 80+ players with more at the door waiting to get in.

AH server tech has the potential of hosting hundreds.  We all remember those days.  DCS might never get to that due to tech constraints, but AH might never again due to player count decline.  And DCS with two sides is different than spreading across 3 fronts.  80 players on CW would be like getting 200 players in the Melee as far as density and activity.

I've been on and off ah3 for the past year. What happened to the game for such low numbers in that time? I know it's mid spring to summer numbers dip but 78 is like midnight hour east coast on a Wednesday night type numbers when I played.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 08:33:13 PM »
pull back air filter lever during take off dirt fields........  :airplane:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 08:50:55 PM »
What happened to the game for such low numbers in that time?

There is no specific single event that caused it. It's just a long decline in player numbers since about 2010. Basically, the game can't attract enough fresh blood. (And no that's not just a 'lack of advertising)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 10:02:58 PM »
And for all the crap people talk about DCS, they are just not ready for that level of immersion and excitement.

You've been told 300 times.
There's a difference between "ready for" and "desire it". Seems you're not ready for actual fighting.
And that's just the beginning of it.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks