Author Topic: white screen of death  (Read 211 times)

Offline Shenzi

• Zinc Member
white screen of death
« on: May 11, 2024, 12:24:57 PM »
I am also getting the white screen of death  :bhead

Attached my dxdiag, I am running DX12, I have tried to run through steam (which fixes for everyone else that I read) nada, game loads up white screen then crashes

Any ideas? I have quite the super computer for this game so it shouldnt have issues

Offline Shenzi

• Zinc Member
Re: white screen of death
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 12:26:52 PM »
I am running no vpn, no anti virus riot vanguard is disabled so im not sure what else could be causing this

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 12:47:44 PM »
How far into the game do you get?

If it loads the notebook, under graphics be sure you have the Nivida card selected. White screen often means not enough video card. Other than that a corrupt file during the DL and install might be an issue.

Offline Shenzi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 12:55:25 PM »
How far into the game do you get?

If it loads the notebook, under graphics be sure you have the Nivida card selected. White screen often means not enough video card. Other than that a corrupt file during the DL and install might be an issue.

Nope when game launches it opens a white window then crashes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 01:14:06 PM »
Id clear the Hitech folder, download a fresh copy, and reinstall it.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 01:15:37 PM »
I would still double check the video card settings. If the game wants to run on the Intel 770 that might be the issue. Here's how: https://youtu.be/5Fb0HrCbFT0?feature=shared

Also, double check that you have connected your monitor to the Nvidia card. If you don't know which it is, here's a simple rule of thumb: The Intel slot is vertical in the square plate in the upper corner of the back of your case, amidst the USB ports. The Nvidia connectors are horizontal in the low-mid in the back, most likely above a grille.

Looking further your DxDiag I'd also update the Bios.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 01:20:23 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shenzi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 02:02:46 PM »
Nada none of these fixes work, RTX 4080 super is being detected, deleted every single trace of the game, selected high performance etc, nothing works
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:05:53 PM by Shenzi »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 02:17:59 AM »
Did you also update the bios?

And while at the support website, check for other motherboard driver updates as well: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z690-A-DDR4/support
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 02:24:31 AM by Bizman »
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2024, 02:26:36 AM »
In the windows start menu there's 2 versions of the game, DX9 and DX11. Have you tried running both versions?
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Shenzi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 09:55:11 PM »
Nothing has worked so far

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 01:11:33 AM »
Do other games work as expected?

Kotisivuni

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 04:39:22 AM »
When Aces High crashes, it may make a dump file that HiTech can look at and maybe tell you what's going wrong.

In the folder "Hitech Creations\Aces High III\temp" there may be some dump files that look something like "aceshigh*_*_*_*.dmp".

If there are any dmp files, zip up the most recent and email to HiTech asking him to look at it and tell him what's happening. You could also attach it here in this post for him to see.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2024, 05:01:59 PM »
Shenzi did you ever get this fixed ? I'm having the same problem now even though a few weeks ago I was playing with no problems. I just downloaded it so that I could play around offline
but now after the initial download I try to get onto the server to finish up and it's just a white screen that vanishes after about 30 seconds.