Author Topic: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2024, 10:43:05 AM »
The comments I made were about yesterday. I said I had fun on Friday which sounds like the day you were referring to.

None of the planes I was talking about in IL2 were AI. They were all real players.

Bias is picking and choosing comments that fit your narrative.
(relating comments I made on Friday to a post I made about yesterday)
(inferring that I was fighting AI when I was fighting other real players)

Would you have made the same comments about bias if my opinions of the sims were reversed and I found IL2 boring?

I think not.

I could go on but I know it would end in a dumpster fire.

If you seek a dumpster fire you shall find one.

No, I would say the same thing. Reverse game names, its still the same.

Peaks and valleys, every sim has them. But I agree, people seek what matches their narative. Which is really my whole point.

Quite frankly, when you were having a good time in AH it wasn’t flowing for me the same way at the same time. It might be the opposite tomorrow.

Moving away from game play, the payment model is next in line. Not sure I want to buy expensive modules when the future is questionable. $15 is much less the loss. Players beed to pile all the factors to decide which fits them. It’s not just going to be gameplay.

Never met a simmer that didn’t have complaints, myself included.

Dude, you have tendencies to be a good guy, wipe the chip off your shoulder, don’t force me to defend myself, I don’t even like that side of me, but I do what I need to do. I’m not out to get anyone. I came back to AH hoping to just do my thing. It hasn’t presented happy memories, so far.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2024, 11:22:07 AM »
If you seek a dumpster fire you shall find one.

No, I would say the same thing. Reverse game names, its still the same.

For some reason I didn't get that feeling.

Peaks and valleys, every sim has them. But I agree, people seek what matches their narative. Which is really my whole point.

Aye, I'm just not willing to pay $180 a year for a server to play on as I'm obviously not paying for development. If I don't play I'm still paying.

Quite frankly, when you were having a good time in AH it wasn’t flowing for me the same way at the same time. It might be the opposite tomorrow.

Right, but so far it seems that Friday is the only day that was fun and I think that was mostly because of FSO and Heineken.

Moving away from game play, the payment model is next in line. Not sure I want to buy expensive modules when the future is questionable. $15 is much less the loss. Players beed to pile all the factors to decide which fits them. It’s not just going to be gameplay.

Not sure what you're referring to here. I have 4 separate accounts in IL2 that I can pay online for no monthly fee. I think I spent $14 to $19 depending on the account and I can choose to add planes or play them offline or on my own private server or whatever even if I never buy another module.

Never met a simmer that didn’t have complaints, myself included.

Dude, you have tendencies to be a good guy, wipe the chip off your shoulder, don’t force me to defend myself, I don’t even like that side of me, but I do what I need to do. I’m not out to get anyone. I came back to AH hoping to just do my thing. It hasn’t presented happy memories, so far.

Please don't mistake me for a "good" guy. There's a reason I chose the callsigns HazMatt and Ratbstrd. I don't have a chip on my shoulder, however, I have my own opinions on things and they are not easily changed. I don't look to start crap but if you want to start slinging poo, I'm your monkey.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 11:24:41 AM by hazmatt »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2024, 11:42:33 AM »
Well, nothing ventured, nothing gain.

Gave it a shot
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2024, 09:23:05 PM »
I tank quite often in IL-2 Finnish full realism server. Eastern front, long distances. No icons whatsoever, orientation by map and compass. That's something different and exciting. But one needs patience and ability to use compass and read map. If those skills are in smartphone zombie level, it won't work.

I know a DCS pile-it who I think (I don't know) is a little bit lysdexic or... something.  It can be irritating but usually is just funny that I have to call out headings/bearings etc in actual numbers, because if I say "left/right" or "east/west" etc, dude will go the opposite direction, and I mean EVERY time.   :headscratch: :airplane: :joystick:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2024, 09:25:22 PM »
Doh.  Sorry.  It's not flyable. 

It is available for AI without having the WWII Asset Pack. 

Sorry mispoke.

lookitchu gettin me all excited. :rolleyes:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann