Author Topic: AH BBS in Need of a Kill File.  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
AH BBS in Need of a Kill File.
« on: May 31, 2024, 06:34:53 PM »
The "Ignore" concept is half baked, and does nothing to keep the peace on the bbs.

In band camp on BW NNTP servers we had "Kill file" where you never had to see that persons name or post ever again. You do not see when or if they reply to your post, so temptation is removed. Ignore is an ultra false positive of swiss cheese. it actually encourages someone to look what the one ignored is saying by just seeing that they posted to you. with Ignore one is still harassed, and will likely respond.

Better yet is Block like on FB. You see nothing they see nothing. No temptation at all. The narcissist who harass are 100% cut off from any of your post, reading or replying.

If you want peace around here and a more stable and inviting environment, that's what it will take. These trash can kickers aren't going to heed to anything but that, the choice to harass is removed

Locks are for honest people.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 06:42:01 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: AH BBS in Need of a Kill File.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 07:10:17 PM »
awwwwwww
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 08:22:29 PM »
I have 5 individuals on my ignore list, works fine for me.  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2024, 08:32:01 PM »
The "Ignore" concept is half baked, and does nothing to keep the peace on the bbs.

In band camp on BW NNTP servers we had "Kill file" where you never had to see that persons name or post ever again. You do not see when or if they reply to your post, so temptation is removed. Ignore is an ultra false positive of swiss cheese. it actually encourages someone to look what the one ignored is saying by just seeing that they posted to you. with Ignore one is still harassed, and will likely respond.

Better yet is Block like on FB. You see nothing they see nothing. No temptation at all. The narcissist who harass are 100% cut off from any of your post, reading or replying.

If you want peace around here and a more stable and inviting environment, that's what it will take. These trash can kickers aren't going to heed to anything but that, the choice to harass is removed

Its up to you to ignore the ignored! I have a bunch on my list....some who no longer frequent the boards any more.... but you have to just learn to move on. Having the "ignore" on is just to stop you from jumping right in. If they are on ignore, you must click it to open it, so its up to you.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2024, 09:35:51 PM »
Its up to you to ignore the ignored! I have a bunch on my list....some who no longer frequent the boards any more.... but you have to just learn to move on. Having the "ignore" on is just to stop you from jumping right in. If they are on ignore, you must click it to open it, so its up to you.

Well aware. Was just sayin,...it's usually the same 5, anything I post....narcissism attention mongers click in. I still liked the Kill File approach MUCH better. I don't even want to know they exist, such damn repugnant personalities.

Wait for the gaslighting focus shifting, it's coming,.. like always

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2024, 10:01:31 PM »
Well aware. Was just sayin,...it's usually the same 5, anything I post
Wait for the gaslighting focus shifting, it's coming,.. like always

its become very entertaining though
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2024, 07:05:42 AM »
Holy F he’s delusional.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2024, 07:55:39 AM »
Holy F he’s delusional.

Told ya tgese idiots would gaslight and focus shift

Quit projecting your lame butt selves into me, you’re SICK you have major issues. No one was talking to you int the first place, cockroach. Get mental help whacko. Again NO ONE WAS TALKING TO YOU, YOUR NAME IS NEVER MENTIONED. YOU INJECT YOURSELF. Then blame me for responding to your stupid mouth. Gaslighting focus shifting of narcissist. You prove my point to EVERYONE time you talk to me. I DO NOT WANT TO CONVERSE WITH YOU YHIS IS THE 20TH TIME I’VE TOLD YOU, ANY NEGATIVE YOU START . BEAT IT
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 08:09:04 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2024, 09:50:02 AM »
ANY NEGATIVE YOU START . BEAT IT

You posted a negative wishlist item outside of the Wishlist part of the forum FYI
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2024, 10:38:04 AM »
Comradery, competition, and good will. Love to read more of that instead of minor animosity posts. Though I don't fly as much, I still like to see the community thrive and have fun. To all best regard :salute 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2024, 11:22:35 AM »
I would prefer the ignore also delete the offenders post when it is quoted by someone else. Other than that, it seems to work.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2024, 11:40:02 AM »
Comradery, competition, and good will. Love to read more of that instead of minor animosity posts. Though I don't fly as much, I still like to see the community thrive and have fun. To all best regard :salute

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2024, 11:58:17 AM »
Yeah there seems to be a handful of people here that don't get along, and make this forum stink like poo.

If they would either ignore eachother, or make up and hug it out, this place might be a little more appealing.

For now, it's just the same people smearing eachother from thread to thread.  Think of all the time you guys spend being toolbags to eachother.. I'm sure it can be spent better ways.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 12:04:11 PM by Lazerr »

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2024, 12:02:02 PM »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2024, 01:28:07 PM »
Yeah there seems to be a handful of people here that don't get along, and make this forum stink like poo.

If they would either ignore eachother, or make up and hug it out, this place might be a little more appealing.

For now, it's just the same people smearing eachother from thread to thread.  Think of all the time you guys spend being toolbags to eachother.. I'm sure it can be spent better ways.

ANY TIME they ever grow big enough nads to bring it to me, I’d cream my pants poundung sand . Not ine owns s singke ball. Pure gutless cowards

If I didn’t resoect HT, I’d give these punks full blown BW treatment on a platter.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 01:32:01 PM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks