Author Topic: ENY  (Read 1153 times)

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
ENY
« on: June 09, 2024, 12:45:26 AM »
Hitech, is there any way you would consider limiting ENY?  perhaps down to something like the P-51B level?  Flying Bish is fun, and my squad only flies Bish, so side swapping isn't done, but when we have the other two attacking us, and combined they have more numbers, it gets a little frustrating fighting high numbers with early war planes, no wirlbels, no ostwinds, etc.  Just a thought, but I hope you'll consider it.

Dieter

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 08:29:23 AM »
ENY just needs to go PERIOD. Worst part of this game is getting punished for populating the MA
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 08:34:32 AM »
ENY just needs to go PERIOD. Worst part of this game is getting punished for populating the MA

if they didn't populate one side

a long time ago when a new player came into the game it was default on the bish side.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 10:26:46 AM »
Hitech, is there any way you would consider limiting ENY?  perhaps down to something like the P-51B level?  Flying Bish is fun, and my squad only flies Bish, so side swapping isn't done, but when we have the other two attacking us, and combined they have more numbers, it gets a little frustrating fighting high numbers with early war planes, no wirlbels, no ostwinds, etc.  Just a thought, but I hope you'll consider it.

Dieter

Yes, let's take away ENY so when there's 30 bish, 8 rooks, and 7 knights on in the mornings they can do as they please.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2024, 10:55:57 AM »
Yes, let's take away ENY so when there's 30 bish, 8 rooks, and 7 knights on in the mornings they can do as they please.
I mean at this point in the games history the numbers do not support having ENY any longer imho
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 11:04:10 AM »
The numbers fluctuate so much across the day and teams that it's more a matter of timing when one plays than anything.

mornings bish have the horde (8-noon cst)

afternooons are generally the most balanced (and low nbr times)

evenings can be any side, but its most often knits or rooks experiencing brief >1hr eny periods as nbrs fluctuate between sides

wee hours are more often knits than rooks having eny until the morning bish log on

I think reducing the side switch timer from 6hrs to 2hrs or even 60-90mins would be a better solution.  Adjusting the timer would let people adjust to action during those times above.

Adjusting eny values and algorithms would be ideal but would take more effort than adjusting the switch timer.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 11:28:58 AM »
I think reducing the side switch timer from 6hrs to 2hrs or even 60-90mins would be a better solution.  Adjusting the timer would let people adjust to action during those times above.

This. I made a Wishlist thread on it a couple of months ago.  As fast as the map changes, the side switch timer needs to be 60 minutes again.  Far too many times have I switched sides and the fight died within just a few minutes.  Then you're stuck with no fights for 5 1/2 hours, which usually means I log. 

Then again, in order to help the ENY situation, players have to be willing to actually switch sides.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 11:34:40 AM »
This. I made a Wishlist thread on it a couple of months ago.  As fast as the map changes, the side switch timer needs to be 60 minutes again.  Far too many times have I switched sides and the fight died within just a few minutes.  Then you're stuck with no fights for 5 1/2 hours, which usually means I log. 

Then again, in order to help the ENY situation, players have to be willing to actually switch sides.
I would totally be down for this idea. Just anything to work towards fixing this action killing "feature"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2024, 01:03:21 PM »
3 hours is the golden # for side switch.  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2024, 01:09:59 PM »
3 hours is the golden # for side switch.  :old:

I still think that's way too long. It's better than 6 hours, for sure, but a lot can change in just 15 minutes.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2024, 02:20:19 PM »
This is Hitechs take on it years ago......

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

Now with the numbers down, are the oscillations as big? That is something only Hitech can check out.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2024, 05:36:26 PM »
That is something only Hitech can check out.
I see nearly zero evidence he does anything other than keep the server up.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2024, 08:51:12 PM »
I still think that's way too long. It's better than 6 hours, for sure, but a lot can change in just 15 minutes.

I don't belive one should be able to switch all over the map during battles. Sorta defeats the war aspect for me. 3 hours atleast means you can come back after a few hours and re-evaluate if you chose long after your other battles are over. I look at it more from a battle perspective not to ruin the integrity of the current fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2024, 09:46:05 PM »
I see nearly zero evidence he does anything other than keep the server up.

the code wrote itself.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2024, 11:16:49 PM »
I don't belive one should be able to switch all over the map during battles. Sorta defeats the war aspect for me. 3 hours atleast means you can come back after a few hours and re-evaluate if you chose long after your other battles are over. I look at it more from a battle perspective not to ruin the integrity of the current fight.

So you would rather people log out and return a few hours later than to have them in the arena the whole time?

With the current state of the game, I don’t try to “make” my own fun anymore. I log on, look for fights, and if there aren’t any I log. If a fight dies and I’m stuck on a country, I log. Anything over an hour is criminal anymore.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||