Author Topic: yak-52 ace?  (Read 128 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: yak-52 ace?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 05:09:31 PM »
Cool!
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 09:08:37 PM »
Interesting.  I can see a crudely made gun platform mounted for the rear crew member, similar to what we can see in WWI aircraft.  It is the easier way to start, followed up by something for the pilot to use.  Just mount one or two side of the cockpit sync'd with the propeller as a crude method for the pilot?  With them being fairly centerline'd, it should make it easier for the pilot to aim and even rearm the guns if able.

Still, if this isn't fluff up the butt, it is an idea that could be worked on and improved for sure.  Wasting a missile on a drone is oof, though the bigger ones warrant it since they can carry a payload.  Still be better to have a cheaper alternative that is as good, if not better to use on hand.

Probably start seeing more nighttime drone ops from the Ruskies as a result regardless.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 09:31:10 AM »
Since they are hunting the low level smaller drones I would think that a semi auto shotgun with #4 shot and a full choke would be a better choice than a small caliber MG. I have seen video's of US troops training with shotguns for defense against small drones as well as using some kind of jamming device.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 02:32:05 PM »
Best to get the drones when they are first shipped in, while in their shipping crates on tankers, trains, semis or cargo planes

One missile equals many drones then

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals