Author Topic: While I’m wishing…  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: While I’m wishing…
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2024, 12:24:56 PM »
I'd like to see this 1k distance go away, and force resup's into town. Don't air drops have to be over town?

I believe they work the same as M3s, but I'm not sure.  I don't spend much time resupplying lol
Since Tour 86 (Banshee7 since Tour 90)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2024, 01:06:20 PM »
I'd like to see this 1k distance go away, and force resup's into town. Don't air drops have to be over town?

Air drop is same distance as vehicle supps.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2024, 07:44:00 PM »
Are they not released directly over town 800' ft and above, then drop down onto ground. Or are they instantly counted as they hit 800ft' height?  They can be shot and air cargo is considerably more visible to target.
 Trying to take a base, flying around town taking it down only to have it pop up by invisible feeding vehicles. No combatant's other then door dash deliveries. I would of let attackers take base rather than offer such lameness, but then I have bad habits.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2024, 08:38:07 PM »
Are they not released directly over town 800' ft and above, then drop down onto ground. Or are they instantly counted as they hit 800ft' height?  They can be shot and air cargo is considerably more visible to target.
 Trying to take a base, flying around town taking it down only to have it pop up by invisible feeding vehicles. No combatant's other then door dash deliveries. I would of let attackers take base rather than offer such lameness, but then I have bad habits.

Your right.  It's a pisspoor tactic that sucked the life out of this game.  I can see resupplying a base you just captured.... kind of..  .
But resupp as a first line of defense in a combat game?? Lame.

Same with strats that some guy took an hour to bomb, and they have gv spawns into them. 

Players make the game.. the ones remaining choose to sht where they eat.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2024, 09:11:18 PM »
Players make the game.. the ones remaining choose to sht where they eat.

:aok and point fingers at everyone else lol

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2024, 05:02:55 AM »
And the whine continues...... :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2024, 08:01:17 AM »
As it should. At the very least, field supplies need to be taken away as a load out for LVTs. This is the bare minimum, zero effort, response to a glitch that’s being exploited.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2024, 08:30:16 AM »
As it should. At the very least, field supplies need to be taken away as a load out for LVTs. This is the bare minimum, zero effort, response to a glitch that’s being exploited.

As a clarification, I agree the "Feet Dry Spawn (FDS)" needs to be corrected. Thanks to Kong, we know how to prevent it now. One of the update items for the Blacksea map, was to eliminate the FDS at the ports. The new NATOMA map has the prevention to include the bases, so there should be NO FDS for any of the towns on that map.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2024, 08:47:08 AM »

So any criticism towards the game, maps, or players is considered a whine?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2024, 09:34:56 AM »
So any criticism towards the game, maps, or players is considered a whine?
No Banshee, and you know that. But this issue has been on going for as long as I have been in the game and maybe you as well. :)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2024, 09:37:16 AM »
I thought field supplies had to be dropped on pavement, did that change at some point?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2024, 10:17:02 AM »
For full perk value on your sortie you have to exit on pavement but the supplies can be dropped anyplace close, I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2024, 11:30:49 AM »
For full perk value on your sortie you have to exit on pavement but the supplies can be dropped anyplace close, I believe.

Someone has stated supplies can be dropped within 1 mile, but I don't think that is correct. Vehicle supplies have to be within 800 yds., so I would suspect that would be the same. I do know the best way is to be in the 1 mile square of the town/base. The majority of the "structure tiles" are in 1 square mile tiles, exception being the Large Airbase (4x4), City (4x4) and the Refinery (2x2). Not positive but I believe that is hard coded and not adjustable via the Arena Tables. As there is no pavement in town, as fuzeman posted, you do not get full perk value on your sortie, unless you have a green sortie indicated.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2024, 04:28:28 PM »
JimmyD is correct. 

The tools are already within the game but people won’t use them and complain instead.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2024, 05:29:56 PM »
JimmyD is correct. 

The tools are already within the game but people won’t use them and complain instead.

Because using them is detrimental to the combat portion of a combat sim...