Author Topic: VoiceAttack  (Read 1447 times)

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
VoiceAttack
« on: July 17, 2024, 05:26:41 PM »
All,

If you use VoiceAttack, what are the common mapped-to keyboard commands use use for VoiceAttack?

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
Re: VoiceAttack
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024, 05:28:12 PM »
Oddly enough while talkng to my wife while VoiceAttack was ruinning I serious list of message in the the VoiceAttack menu. 

So, it's recording my voice!  LOL

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2024, 06:02:34 PM »
Listening? Yes. Recording? No.

Well, if you consider outputting to text recording then I suppose you're right.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2024, 06:05:45 PM »
Voice attack has a lot of nice features. In addition to executing a series of functions upon voice command you can activate the same with joystick buttons.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2024, 06:08:29 PM »
For example, you could say "landing" or press a button and have voice attack execute the commands to contact the tower, lower your gear, drop your flaps, and shout "look out below!"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 09:45:17 PM »
All,

If you use VoiceAttack, what are the common mapped-to keyboard commands use use for VoiceAttack?

These are the ones I have right now. The left column is what I say, the right column is what the program does for that command.

Also, as my list gets longer I made a bmp file with a list and named it "ord factory" or something so I can bring it up as one of the clipboard maps when I cant remember the commnad I want.

The program DOES listen and if you have the menu up you can see the words it is picking up. I has to to compare to the list of commands you have in your profile.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 09:46:58 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 10:20:44 PM »
Do the voice training twice. Works much better if you do.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2024, 03:42:22 AM »
These are the ones I have right now. The left column is what I say, the right column is what the program does for that command.

(Image removed from quote.)

Also, as my list gets longer I made a bmp file with a list and named it "ord factory" or something so I can bring it up as one of the clipboard maps when I cant remember the commnad I want.

The program DOES listen and if you have the menu up you can see the words it is picking up. I has to to compare to the list of commands you have in your profile.

you wizards and your new age wizadry
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024, 08:32:08 AM »
you wizards and your new age wizadry

I can’t believe no one is complaining about this yet  :rofl
Tours 86 - 296

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 09:42:12 AM »
Be aware there must be a short space of silence before a command. Otherwise the command will not be recognized.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2024, 09:48:43 AM »
Be aware there must be a short space of silence before a command. Otherwise the command will not be recognized.

I've always preferred to have a button to start listening rather than always listening.  Less chance of unintended activation and sort creates a natural pause as well.

YMMV
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2024, 10:37:48 AM »
I thought adding a key to tell it when to listen for commands would eliminate the required preceding silence. It doesn't. Test it.

Try saying a sentence with your command in the middle without slowing. Press your listen key just as you say the command word. If yours work I want to set mine up like yours.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 10:44:01 AM by AKIron »

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2024, 10:49:54 AM »
I thought adding a key to tell it when to listen for commands would eliminate the required preceding silence. It doesn't. Test it.

Try saying a sentence with your command in the middle without slowing. Press your listen key just as you say the command word. If yours work I want to set mine up like yours.

AS I said, the act of clicking the button to execute a command, in my case, sorta creates it's own pause naturally. 

There is also a sound cure when it starts listening with a button.  I wait until I hear that.

And finally, I have that same button mapped to mute my discord so they don't have to listen to me commanding VA so it has duel purpose. ;)

YMMV.  There are no one right answer, just a variety of options.  Pick what works for ya.

I love VA and I don't even use VR.  It's great for all the secondary tasks that don't rate a dedicated stick button but I don't want to have to reach to the keyboard.  Because I'm lazy AF? ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2024, 11:11:50 AM »
Oh.

*dual

:aok

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2024, 11:15:52 AM »
I do that too if I'm going to be using Discord and VA together much. Set the PTT in VA and mute in discord to the same button. Don't recall if AH has a mute button in its own voice channel.