Author Topic: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2024, 12:11:43 PM »
It has to eliminate torque at the top making it easier to control.  Just guessing, I chop throttle at the top in single engine planes to make it.more managed.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2024, 12:17:30 PM »

I've seen it argued both ways.  I've seen people complain it is stupid to do and has no benefit, which then begs the question of why does it bother you then?  Let Skyrr waste his time if he wants to.

Now if HT came on and said, "Yes it confers an advantage but it wasn't intended to.  Please avoid exploiting that bug until I can get around to fixing it."  Then I think the gentlemanly thing would be to comply with that request.

I've seen no such suggestion from HTC.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2024, 12:59:49 PM »
Imagine someone constantly whines about HO's, then you fight them only to find out all they do is 90% HO's.

Then imagine said person complains about a lack of skill in the MA, only to find out said player flies the #1 best 1v1 plane in the game 95% of the time and still can barely hold a 1.0 k/d, ganging at every opportunity.

Now imagine said person claims to know why a certain player does something, only to then PM said player after the fact and ask for help and explanations to something they already said they knew. Then imagine the same person then comes back and claims that their original assertion is correct after the fact.

Far too often we go by what's said openly, without actually looking at what happens.

If I actually find someone a challenge, I wouldn't be posting their fights. I've gotten far better fights with Banshee than with anyone in this thread. Most of my films that I post are for emphasis. In fact, most DA challenges that are thrown down by me aren't a question of results, I throw them down because I know exactly how they'll end.

If someone actually has skill and ability, I'd rather fight them in the MA because they're a genuine challenge. It's the players who profess to be about skill, but exhibit hypocritical flying and behavior, that usually get the DA challenge.

I'm not going to hand you my 6 when your merge is HO....you do that quite often. I NEVER complain about lack of skill in the MA,... just too many HOs, which you play a big part in. You'll flip around to my nose way more often than I do to anyone, I'm already heading that direction, you and others flip into it when I'm far on your 6. Cut it.
I'm not going to repeat my stick issues, want a better fight, buy me a new one.
A lil Dunning-Kruger Effect and embellishment here.

I fly 3-5 hours per week, give me a break, you fly 6-10 hrs per day. In band camp when stick was decent I'd wipe your nose many times. But then I never brag, so then you have that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 01:02:30 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2024, 01:06:00 PM »
I'm not going to hand you my 6 when your merge is HO....you do that quite often. I NEVER complain about lack of skill in the MA,... just too many HOs, which you play a big part in. You'll flip around to my nose way more often than I do to anyone, I'm already heading that direction, you and others flip into it when I'm far on your 6. Cut it.
I'm not going to repeat my stick issues, want a better fight, buy me a new one.
A lil Dunning-Kruger Effect and embellishment here.

Perhaps you should study ACM and asymmetrical fights.

I ONLY HO when it's tactically advantageous to do so. Further, my stats has a K/S around 2.6 and a K/D around 4.5 with over 800 kills. That means I'm subjectively rarely dying and I'm rarely HO'ing.

The reason you experience HO's vs me is because you generally 1) fly a more maneuverable, 2) fast/er, 3) less heavily-armed aircraft. Guess what? HO's are tactically sound when facing lesser-armed, more maneuverable aircraft. I won't HO if I can outmaneuver the opponent. I'm in a less maneuverable A5, D9, or 152 most of the time, all of which are heavily armed. You have had alt in almost every fight in a P-51D and you approach dead 12. That's the exact scenario a HO is valid.

Notice you don't see any HO's in the 1v1 film here. There's no need to use them when you have the same maneuverability, as I mentioned.

A HO is a valid tool when used legitimately. The problem is 99% of the MA neither knows how to employ them properly nor when to use them.

Also, during our last engagement, you HO'd first and during every merge.

Ironically, I wasn't talking about you in the post, but rather Eagler. However, you both make the same mistake and so the same reply applies to you both.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 01:11:48 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2024, 01:13:11 PM »
Perhaps you should study ACM and asymmetrical fights.

I ONLY HO when it's tactically advantageous to do so. Further, my stats has a K/S around 2.6 with over 800 kills. That means I'm subjectively rarely dying and I'm rarely HO'ing.

The reason you experience HO's vs me is because you generally 1) fly a more maneuverable, 2) fast/er, 3) less heavily-armed aircraft. Guess what? HO's are tactically sound when facing lesser-armed, more maneuverable aircraft. I won't HO if I can outmaneuver the opponent. I'm in a less maneuverable A5, D9, or 152 most of the time, all of which are heavily armed. You have had alt in almost every fight in a P-51D and you approach dead 12. That's the exact scenario a HO is valid.

A HO is a valid tool when used legitimately. The problem is 99% of the MA neither knows how to employ them properly or when to use them.

BTW, wrong again, I fly the A5 about 40% of the time, another exaggeration.

You're good, we get it.

Also, our last engagement, you HO'd first and during every merge.

Ironically, I wasn't talking about you in the post, but rather Eagler. However, you both make the same mistake and so the same reply applies to you both.

I'm not goin to feed your embellishment. You do not tell the whole truth, you do a lot of bending. And yes I watch you die quite often. I'm not saying you suck as you do me,....I'm saying you whine a lot when you do get killed....like endlessly. When it comes down to it,... no one really cares. You do you, I'll do me. We're not playing the same. I ditch, get shot by fields guns, get ganged,.. you can usually find me at 3 or 5 to one,.. AS YOU SAW the other night when we were both out numbered. I have no goal other then lpfying the full game, not just gunfighter mode.

Quite frankly, I think you just troll for conflict, it's like your night isn't complete until you have conflict with someone. <shrug> whateva.

BTW, another exaggeration, I fly the A5 40% of the time, not the 51d 90%
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 01:18:15 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2024, 01:19:28 PM »
I love how 97 kills and 20 deaths in 3.5 hours is "dying endlessly"  :rofl

I mean, my stats literally even show that.

Yeah, you do you. I'll post some stuff in the near future.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2024, 01:25:52 PM »
It has to eliminate torque at the top making it easier to control.  Just guessing, I chop throttle at the top in single engine planes to make it.more managed.

This .. as it is obvious ..not sure how it can't be

Sky is a good fight even if I lose 100 to 1 lol

I have learned things about trim, how I was using it incorrectly most of the time and the value of altitude

Having only an hour limits the number of engagements as climbing out to avoid the instant clubbing takes time

It is what it is...

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2024, 02:10:29 PM »
I love how 97 kills and 20 deaths in 3.5 hours is "dying endlessly"  :rofl

I mean, my stats literally even show that.

Yeah, you do you. I'll post some stuff in the near future.

Dude I'm so over you, like 20 yrs ago. You embellish a LOT like every ego thirsty score monger gunfighter. I play the whole game, you play a slice of it. According to you everyone sucks and you go out of your way to embarrass/harass everyone, yet you yourself can not take what you dish out. You can't. Your insulting every kill, proves to me you have a inferiority complex,... you look down at everyone, and have 1000 excuses for your own loses. The funniest were 3-4 "sorry for the bad flying, I was on the phone..." come on man. As I stated, you're a great shot, your sportsmanship blows, it's all condescending.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MY SCORE. I DO NOT CARE HOW MANY KILLS OR RATIO I HAVE, I DON'T EVEN LOOK.  I'm either having fun playing the strategic side of the game or I'm not.

You want to play video war?.. ok,.. lets go at it. You better not make one single mistake anywhere with anyone. And I'll capture you whining too. You make vids in attempt to embarrass people, ok kewl,.... lets hit you back with it. I'll put my ear plugs in.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2024, 02:14:22 PM »
This .. as it is obvious ..not sure how it can't be

Sky is a good fight even if I lose 100 to 1 lol

I have learned things about trim, how I was using it incorrectly most of the time and the value of altitude

Having only an hour limits the number of engagements as climbing out to avoid the instant clubbing takes time

It is what it is...

Eagler

Problem is, he can't even take a compliment well. Instead he slams people down anyway. Mostly people get only as good as who they fight the most. He won't even salute people back who take the time to be decent, instead it's sually followed by an insult and whining.

DAMN! I need to dip myself in acid to wash this off.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2024, 02:14:47 PM »
I love how quoting your current stats, and then pointing out the stats from the night in question are the same (which is logical), is somehow "embellishing." lol

P.S. I don't salute anyone unless they've done something impressive or it was an actually challenging fight. I don't expect them and I don't give them unless they meet those requirements.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 02:17:55 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2024, 03:05:30 PM »
I'm not reading the reply
Just going to say this.

I have a sound engineer at work exactly like you. he's technically very good and insanely intelligent. He can one-up the best one-uppers. But he's not always right, doesn't have the experience I have and quite frankly,.. before I started working with him every day, couldn't mix a milkshake. But I'd put him in charge of any rack on the show.
he cannot take any form of even constructive criticism. If I prove where he is wrong he loses his ever loving mind. He literally thinks he's the best in the world. Not even close. He never mixed monitors like me (hardest sound job), I had to teach him 4 mixes.... I've mixed up to 22 mixes at once.,..then he comes back to me bragging that he got it perfect without even a sound check, just guessing (one-upping me). which is just bat-sht-nuts. He mixed monitors 2 shows for very 4 piece easy band mixes. now he think he's rated up with me, who's done 4k shows and 450 high profile artist. The thing is narcissism. As I told him 20 times, he'd go a lot further and gain a lot more respect if he removed his ego. he can't, he won't,... he'll be mixing talking heads forever. He's been kicked off many shows for his behavior, 90% of the crew HATES him and his holier than thou attitude. I think he actually thrives on hate... it goes hand and hand with inferiority complex, everyone is below him, 1 m excuses of failure, unless I'm standing next to him. And he thinks working with me gives him automatic stature without earning it. Ya know who he pops a cork on most often? people without the same experience, newbies.

The guy can think circles around me technically, can't seem to grasp acoustics, he can't mix worth a crap and his attitude blows. Wasted intelligence, a rotten shame.

My question is, claiming to be a real pilot and then being condescending because sim players aren't as good as you,.. is an oxymoron. They shouldn't be better than you.

Same sht, different ego.

Something to be said about being humble, it goes a long way.

Ya might be great, but I'd throw you off a show too. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 03:11:30 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2024, 06:50:57 PM »
I'll never sub to this game again until toxic narcissists like you, Skyrr, have been banned. It's disgusting to see what was once such a stand up community besmirched with your vile behaviour towards some of the kindest and most respectful members.

Hitech, I kept my sub here going for years even after I was not playing, because I loved your creation and I was happy to contribute to it's survival. No chance of that currently. What are your reasons for allowing this nonsense to go unchecked? Many of your decades loyal customers are scratching their heads at your decision making.

I've even extended a hand to you privately Skyrr, to ask how we can help you with your obvious self loathing and extreme social disfunction. Yet you show no intention of improving. If anything you are getting worse. Attacking a person as long standing and decent as Eagler with your chest thumping and verbal masturbation is crossing a line.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2024, 08:38:30 PM »
Attacking a person as long standing and decent as Eagler with your chest thumping and verbal masturbation is crossing a line.

Yo, Batfink, there really aren't any lines here anymore.  But I do wonder what the original point of this thread was.  We've often had people who pointed to their scores or, um, things like winning KOTH.  But singling out one of the community's best people, apparently just to humiliate him, makes me scratch my head.

- oldman

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2024, 08:46:42 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out what was so controversial about this thread. No trash was talked, nothing was posted but a link and the score. More trash has been talked about Skyyr for posting the link than Skyyr has said in any reply.

I wonder if people would be upset if the score was 5-5 or Lord forbid, Skyyr lost.

You people are nuts.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2024, 08:56:30 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out what was so controversial about this thread. No trash was talked, nothing was posted but a link and the score. More trash has been talked about Skyyr for posting the link than Skyyr has said in any reply.

I wonder if people would be upset if the score was 5-5 or Lord forbid, Skyyr lost.

You people are nuts.

Kind of sounds like there is a backstory here.. maybe a slanted roof.