Author Topic: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2024, 09:52:42 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out what was so controversial about this thread. No trash was talked, nothing was posted but a link and the score. More trash has been talked about Skyyr for posting the link than Skyyr has said in any reply.

I wonder if people would be upset if the score was 5-5 or Lord forbid, Skyyr lost.

You people are nuts.

I believe what we have here is a LOFT problem...
Tours 86 - 296

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2024, 04:51:11 AM »
I believe what we have here is a LOFT problem...

Rather self-esteem problem. And it's not Eagler.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2024, 07:56:54 AM »
I'm just trying to figure out what was so controversial about this thread. No trash was talked, nothing was posted but a link and the score. More trash has been talked about Skyyr for posting the link than Skyyr has said in any reply.

I wonder if people would be upset if the score was 5-5 or Lord forbid, Skyyr lost.

You people are nuts.

I mean did Eagler ask for and agree for the fight to be posted on here and on youtube? 

Not a single "good fight" given the entire time. Shows a lot about character there.

It's more like a "look at me I can beat up an old man who plays an hour a day in a video game", post.  :aok

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2024, 08:40:39 AM »
It's more like a "look at me I can beat up an old man who plays an hour a day in a video game", post.  :aok

Lol 65 isn't old anymore ...you will see when you are in your 60's..and you forgot half blind  :old:

He obviously needs the ego boost to get through his day..

If my deaths in this game helps his stability I am all for it..the world is crazy enough already

It's become a game of sorts..sometimes when I know he knows my location I switch the fight to the other country, if there is one..

Then I watch his icon until he realizes what happened and then switch to another of his accounts to hunt me there..

See you tonight  :cheers:

Eagler
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 08:42:40 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2024, 08:41:21 AM »
Duplicate

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2024, 10:19:50 AM »
Lol 65 isn't old anymore ...you will see when you are in your 60's..and you forgot half blind  :old:

He obviously needs the ego boost to get through his day..

If my deaths in this game helps his stability I am all for it..the world is crazy enough already

It's become a game of sorts..sometimes when I know he knows my location I switch the fight to the other country, if there is one..

Then I watch his icon until he realizes what happened and then switch to another of his accounts to hunt me there..

See you tonight  :cheers:

Eagler

Yeah, the fun vs ego, or alternatively stated, here for fun fights vs here for the kills. 

Personally I've made a little game of pretty much getting in his head, making him my toy when I feel up for some "here for the fun of killing."

See his sig line as exhibit #1.  :noid   Let's break that "29 - 8" record claim down.  (I can only find 26 in ma and know of 2 in da, but whatev.)

His first official month back he won 16 v 3 in Ma and 2 v 0 in DA making it 18 v 3. (I walked out of the da on him for explicit and clear reasons, gladly giving him the "kills, as he tried to get me to stick around more. Nah I was there for fun not ego.)

Since then, the record has been: 11 v 5 and only one encounter could be claimed to have been equitable with same plane, coalt, etc - and I shredded him.  :rofl :ahand

Most of his kills on me have come from picking or getting me while I'm rtb and avoiding a fight.  I can make the same claim on picking him, not so much on semi-vulching in ack.

However,  of those 29 kills on 3 of them he immediately followed me in as they were the result of collisions - I just went down first and someone else got a proxy on him...  I'd view these as a wash, not a win, but he likes to point to the official record to preserve his ego.  So, on that note, I'm claiming those 3 as wins on my side... because we both know what happened.

It's now 29 - 11 Or 26 - 8, whatev. But wait, there's more! 

At least twice, I was tangentially responsible for his dying... the most recent being last night because head games.  I upped a La7 heading towards some big rook/bish action (he was bish and I had checked text buffer to see if he was active - he didn't seem to be) at 20k to get some SA on what was going on.  I flew above the base action trying to get more SA and see about pushing high bogies down lower. 

I saw a few 190's and 109's in the area, lower.  Finally latched onto one of the highest (190) to chase them down... as I started my pursuit on the 190, his tell of trying to get an overshoot kind of gave him away and made me wonder if it was him (not close enough to id the 190 as the 152 it actually was.)  I decided to slowly disengage (can't catch him and he's dragging me away from my AoA.)  When I did that and noticed the 190 start trailing me, I figured it just may be him so dragged him towards our area to see if he would peel off and go after the lower bogies in area.  Nope - on me. 

As I started my rtb approach I mentioned there was an 18k FW behind (about 5-5.5k) me. There were rook friendlies upping and alting, so while I just circled the base, he kept focused on me, ignoring the others.  This cemented that it was most likely him, so I kept my base circling bait going.  He made a move on me, missed and that set him up to get killed by someone else.  :rofl  Does this make it 29 - 12 now?  :noid An earlier similiar situation where he made repeated attempts on me that I avoided (think I even pinged him, low ammo) and eventually LatinLuv showed up and popped him.

In none of those did I ask for help - not my thing. I just manipulated him to a "bad experience."

And in two of my verifiable 8 wins, I totally pwnsauced him (I had alt to work with) dragging him around before I finally decided to end his mercy.  In one  of them , he had a rider who was acting like the pilot of the fw and we were smack talking back and fourth and when I finally killed him after a good 10 mins and got credit on skyrr, that was hilarious - he was probably streaming and talking crap about how he was gonna pop me, so it was nice to have had an audience to his fail, made more amusing as the previous sortie (iirc) I also pwnsauced him 51b v 152 - but I had alt and it was a semi pick.

But back on point - once he tried to claim those 3 (at least) mutual collision deaths as "wins" that's where I decided to play my game, when I can be bothered, not his. I basically ignored him for several months.

So, let's back it up a bit...  since I made that decision to ignore/engage on my terms, in April I decided to make an occasional effort (he got rowdy ego-y in March) the record has been: 4 v 6 (or7)   

He's good, but not all that. His forte is his gunnery and willingness to be patient for a kill - not there for fun.  And that's why I have no interest in DA with him - they'll be boring and end up in HO/Ram solutions. He has a decent overshoot defense, but if you're aware, it's beatable.

I enjoy fighting with you, Eagler, you're willing to make it fun.

And yes, I'm very aware this is gonna trigger him to respond here and MA - let the (head)games commence, may the alt be ever in your favor.  :aok :noid :neener: :rofl  :banana: :bolt:

Last word: "Legacy"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 10:28:22 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2024, 11:04:10 AM »
You guys are so gay.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2024, 11:08:41 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2024, 11:15:20 AM »
You guys are so gay.  :old:

Yes I am..retired and very happy!

:cheers:

Eagler

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2024, 07:57:28 AM »
I found it interesting that you flick combat trim on and off a lot. If it's not a trade secret why? What does it gain you? No bashing just genuinely curious.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 07:59:27 AM by Kini »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2024, 08:45:34 AM »
I found it interesting that you flick combat trim on and off a lot. If it's not a trade secret why? What does it gain you? No bashing just genuinely curious.

Flicking it on and off trims your plane for the speed you are at. It gives you better control of how the plane flies. In a real plane you are constantly trimming your plane as you fly. In AH we have combat trim that will automatically trim the plane for us. By flicking the combat trim on and off you have a half way point..... not trimming all the time, or trusting that auto wont screw you up.

So basically it is a quick way to "auto trim" your plane. Having Combat trim on all the time has some adverse effects in some conditions

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2024, 08:50:51 AM »

Stabilizes the plane's trim (more helpful at slower speeds) briefly so it's not "counter controlling" when you're trying to do small fine controlled inputs. But as the plane's speed continues to change, the non-CT inputs become more detrimental to your e-state, so toggling CT on again gets it back to optimal trim state.

Some people forego using CT at all, instead preferring to manually trim at all times.  There's also a set trim key that you can toggle to lock in whatever trim you're at currently - like toggling CT off, but it only locks in the current trim and will not put into any other trim state unless you re-toggle some trim input, CT, manual, auto/angle, etc.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2024, 09:25:42 AM »
Trims the plane instantly for the speed you are that second..

As mentioned having ct on is a limiter like flying with the stall limiter thingy on...so that's why it's immediately turned back off

Manual trim is too time consuming and harder to stay up to date current with speed so ct is flicked on and off

Eagler

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2024, 08:37:09 AM »
Fugitive,  Shane and Eagler thanks for the explanation on switching auto on and off. I tend to play with CT turned on all the time and only using manual trim to help flight when damaged.  I need to relearn.   Sorry to have hijacked your thread Skyyr.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2024, 09:37:09 AM »
Fugitive,  Shane and Eagler thanks for the explanation on switching auto on and off. I tend to play with CT turned on all the time and only using manual trim to help flight when damaged.  I need to relearn.   Sorry to have hijacked your thread Skyyr.

Kini, you are better off keeping your CT on, it provides hardly any real difference if at all. Stick with perfecting ACM maneuvers first with flap and throttle management  By dealing with manual Trim, you will generally lose E by using too much up elevator and also may hamper your aiming ability.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion