Author Topic: With the game slowly dying, should mods be helping the process along?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
I mentioned Trump disparagingly (as an aside) in a post and got asked to calm down, fair enough. In response to a player who was calling a squaddie a liar (and he has made his squad name "Okc is a liar," laughably enough, with no apparent repercussions from HT or anyone else). So I continued with the discussion with the owner of the "Okc is a liar" squad with, when he insisted he had proof, "Post something more definitive on forum then. Just your opinion so far."

And got muted while the disparager of my squaddie yammered on.

Really?
Really?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: With the game slowly dying, should mods be helping the process along?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 08:19:07 PM »
I have been muted a few times in my 12+years in the game. When I get a warning, I stop, or I know what is coming. You know better, its on you. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2024, 08:37:40 PM »
I mentioned Trump disparagingly (as an aside) in a post and got asked to calm down, fair enough. In response to a player who was calling a squaddie a liar (and he has made his squad name "Okc is a liar," laughably enough, with no apparent repercussions from HT or anyone else). So I continued with the discussion with the owner of the "Okc is a liar" squad with, when he insisted he had proof, "Post something more definitive on forum then. Just your opinion so far."
And got muted while the disparager of my squaddie yammered on.

Really?
Really?

99capera got muted, as well.  So did I. All 3 of us, twice,  :rofl.  I know enough not to go after a mod... (but I will still defend my ankle.)

Having said that, there's a locked thread a few down with the proof you are seeking. Knock yourself out. Get back to me, maybe.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »
I read the thread. It isn't proof. Not even close.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2024, 10:29:47 PM »
I read the thread. It isn't proof. Not even close.

Isn't proof of what?  It very clearly shows him lying about me claiming to have served. 

Let me repeat this once again, very slowly:

I. HAVE. NEVER. EVER. CLAIMED. TO. HAVE. SERVED. IN. THE. MILITARY.  EVER.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2024, 10:30:47 PM »
I have been muted a few times in my 12+years in the game. When I get a warning, I stop, or I know what is coming. You know better, its on you. :rolleyes:

Sure it's on me. But that kind of behavior from mods turns players away.

Can the game afford that?

Sure, I came back after ~30min and played. But if this sort of attitude continues it less inclines me to log on in the future. And the primary thing keeping me playing nowadays is the camaraderie with fellow players. If a mod mutes someone just because he can, or out of spite, removing that fun part of the game, how does that not further damage the game?

To summarize: I did not continue with the (passing!) political comment. I did continue with the person who was accusing my squaddie of cheating, asking in a neutral tone of text for evidence. Then got muted.

Okay then.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2024, 10:57:27 PM »

To summarize:  I did continue with the person who was accusing my squaddie of cheating, asking in a neutral tone of text for evidence. Then got muted.

I don't accuse okcfire of cheating as many have. If anything, I have defended his expertise as experience in a manned gun.  I don't accuse anyone of cheating, actually.

I think you're becoming confused about things.  Are you hydrated?

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2024, 04:00:50 AM »

This

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2024, 04:12:43 AM »
I think certain ppl and their obsessive politics and cheating claims is off the rails. Both are meant to annoy players. Both buzz-kills. Both drive players off.  I mentioned last yr a certain party affiliation seems to be causing damage here. They can’t seem to keep anything private. Have to speak of it. Most of it is just crazy talk.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 04:18:14 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2024, 07:48:05 AM »
I think gameplay is killing the game faster than words being said on here or in game...
Tours 86 - 296

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2024, 07:52:51 AM »
Sure it's on me. But that kind of behavior from mods turns players away.

Can the game afford that?

Are you asking mods to be more forgiving in their decisions to mute people just for the fact that the game is dying off? :headscratch:
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2024, 08:25:38 AM »
I think gameplay is killing the game faster than words being said on here or in game...

Both are sounds of the death throes of the game sadly imo...

In over 23 years in game .. I don't recall either being where they are at today...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2024, 08:33:49 AM »
The mods are all biased. They’re human just like the rest of us. The text buffer doesn’t catch the large percentage of communication that is non-verbal. Nor does it pick up inflection in speech. Of the things that are contributing to the decline in numbers, mods aren’t even a blip on the radar. Politics is an absolute no-no as they should be. Someone recently called me out politically for killing them which made me literally LOL. Dude, my .50s don’t care who you or I vote for. They’re indiscriminate that way.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2024, 11:02:37 AM »
I think a few of these remaining players need to stop spending the majority of their life in the MA and maybe they won't get in eachothers heads so easily.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2024, 11:08:10 AM »
I think a few of these remaining players need to stop spending the majority of their life in the MA and maybe they won't get in eachothers heads so easily.

It's like the movie Grumpy Old Men...
Tours 86 - 296