Author Topic: With the game slowly dying, should mods be helping the process along?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: With the game slowly dying, should mods be helping the process along?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2024, 01:08:19 PM »
You all know you can still play this game without typing and talking to other people the whole time.

Not hard… try it some time.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2024, 01:39:14 PM »
I think certain ppl and their obsessive politics and cheating claims is off the rails. Both are meant to annoy players. Both buzz-kills. Both drive players off.  I mentioned last yr a certain party affiliation seems to be causing damage here. They can’t seem to keep anything private. Have to speak of it. Most of it is just crazy talk.

:rofl Dude, you JUST said it buzz-kills & drives players off... and then did it.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2024, 02:02:16 PM »
The uncomfortable truth is what people say isn't driving people off. Neither is individual behavior. It's the hordes of C-list, benchiwarming players afraid to die, who resort to hovering within larger hordes, displaying zero skill or ability. Said players won't engage without a massive, distinct advantage, which in turn drives the other side to repeat the same behavior.

No average player wants to deal with that kind of boring gameplay. So they quit and move on to where the combat is guaranteed.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2024, 02:37:02 PM »
:rofl Dude, you JUST said it buzz-kills & drives players off... and then did it.

Depends what you’re talking about. Pretty vague.
I never bring up politics, but I’ll make fun of people who do.
As for the former players baiting and insults, I don’t care. I tend to leave current players alone and vise versa. Other than that, don’t know what you’re referring to

Yes. I bite back
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 03:08:33 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2024, 03:13:25 PM »
The uncomfortable truth is what people say isn't driving people off. Neither is individual behavior. It's the hordes of C-list, benchiwarming players afraid to die, who resort to hovering within larger hordes, displaying zero skill or ability. Said players won't engage without a massive, distinct advantage, which in turn drives the other side to repeat the same behavior.

No average player wants to deal with that kind of boring gameplay. So they quit and move on to where the combat is guaranteed.

No, it matters how some individuals act too. Thats a hard reality to Skyyr. No escape hatches. Own up

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2024, 04:23:01 PM »
No average player wants to deal with that kind of boring gameplay.

But, the C-list, benchiwarming hordes pretty much are the average players.  Maybe the chest-beating, attention-seeking, egomaniacle, "game-theory", griefers, are what's driving players away?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2024, 04:27:13 PM »
...Pretty vague.
...Other than that, don’t know what you’re referring to

:rofl Pull the other one!  :aok

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2024, 04:57:42 PM »
But, the C-list, benchiwarming hordes pretty much are the average players.  Maybe the chest-beating, attention-seeking, egomaniacle, "game-theory", griefers, are what's driving players away?

I last played in 2018. There were commonly 500+ players online during the 3 months I played during that time, with one night hitting almost 700 players. The next time I played was in December 2023. There doesn't seem to be many of the players you're describing like that in the game, but yet numbers are literally 10-20% of what they were. Ergo, logically, that cannot be the case.

There are still plenty of sub-average ganging squads, however. BTs, 325th, AKs, etc.

Just a simple observation and basic logic. However, correlation does not equal causation and all that...
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2024, 07:06:23 PM »
Depends what you’re talking about. Pretty vague.
I never bring up politics, but I’ll make fun of people who do.
As for the former players baiting and insults, I don’t care. I tend to leave current players alone and vise versa. Other than that, don’t know what you’re referring to

Yes. I bite back

I rarely see you in the MA but I know exactly where you stand politically as the times I’ve seen you engage you go much further than “making fun of people who do”…

You also do it here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but once it gets nasty does it matter who started it? Aj starts it often, sometimes merely stating something in “news” that just happened, but doesn’t get nasty, others however gleefully enjoy taking it to a boiling point.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2024, 09:27:40 PM »
So it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that a hypervigilant moderator started shushing, then silencing players, when the conversation that was shushable had already moderated into non-objectionable discource when the silencing happened.
Or am I missing something here?

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2024, 10:01:18 PM »
So it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that a hypervigilant moderator started shushing, then silencing players, when the conversation that was shushable had already moderated into non-objectionable discource when the silencing happened.
Or am I missing something here?

You're missing that you ignored the mod's suggestion to chill. Probably more than once, and again after you were muted the first time. Nothing complicated, nefarious or personal about it (altho' I'm sure the mod rolled eyes before timing you out.) 
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2024, 05:40:06 AM »
I mentioned Trump disparagingly (as an aside) in a post and got asked to calm down, fair enough. In response to a player who was calling a squaddie a liar (and he has made his squad name "Okc is a liar," laughably enough, with no apparent repercussions from HT or anyone else). So I continued with the discussion with the owner of the "Okc is a liar" squad with, when he insisted he had proof, "Post something more definitive on forum then. Just your opinion so far."

And got muted while the disparager of my squaddie yammered on.

Really?
Really?

Let me get this straight;

Okc makes a serious attempt to permanently Character Assassinate Shane without proof, a claim of stolen valor no less, a serious libel, (using your words) 'laughably enough, with no apparent repercussions from HT or anyone else', except Shane changing his squad-name.

In the aftermath of you supporting Okc, all you get is muted for mentioning Trump..

I think you got off lightly and you really shouldn't be on the BBS whining like a little squeak about being muted, because the support you want will only come from the least credible lowest ebbs of this community, like Okc.

:old:

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2024, 08:54:51 AM »
I rarely see you in the MA but I know exactly where you stand politically as the times I’ve seen you engage you go much further than “making fun of people who do”…

You also do it here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but once it gets nasty does it matter who started it? Aj starts it often, sometimes merely stating something in “news” that just happened, but doesn’t get nasty, others however gleefully enjoy taking it to a boiling point.

I nowhere match the inciter. A side of the fence where will blame the other and minimize their own roll. If there were logs I’d challenge the comment with those.

If I’m not in the MA I take zero responsibility for what goes on without me.

My opinions takes no sides, but does dispel false informing comments and open hatred that carry no truth. I’m not for any party, its standing up for reality. I’m not for any party, I’m independent/centrist. If dispelling false claims makes me seem like I am for any party that on the those who ARE for a specific party who feel more comfortable spouting them. If reality hurts feelings thats not on me. If ya can’t take it don’t light the fire that draws it.

I’m not for anything, but I do know what I’m against. Blind hate tops the list.

Not once EVER have I ever incited politics, period, not ever once. If ya can’t take it stop putting hand in fire.

If being challenged on reality insults someone thats not on me.

Btw when I have time to fly its 8p -10p cst.

I challenge you to support your claim.

No offense taken

This is a great example of why politics is not allowed, we all know its not allowed. WE ALL KNOW IT.  If one want to stick hand in fire don’t whine that the fire burns.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 09:10:43 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2024, 10:29:27 AM »
Yeah Animl, your political position has been made clear. You think you are being subtle. You aren't.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2024, 10:53:33 PM »
Yeah Animl, your political position has been made clear. You think you are being subtle. You aren't.

So out of shallowness YOU think because i defuse no sense you have me pegged. I challenge you to show anything that I promote anyone.
Mthst side of the fence THINKS because I point out BS ‘m of a specific affiliation.  When it really comes down to just calling out bat-sht-crazy nonsense I support your rival. I call this detachment.
Mshow me, other than calling out nonsense, where I stated supporting anyone.

Not everyone who disagrees with you must be an extreme opposite pole.

Thats shallow thinking and empty accusations.

BS is BS, no party affiliation required.

Nuts us nuts no matter what horse blinders you show with blind pride.

I did not support your blind hated rival, I pointed out weak minded nonsense. Stop spreading that misinformation cancer and you won’t be wrong twice. Anyone with grounded feet should call that nonsense out. Light your candles around your goat head, just don’t expect me to sit with you.

Ya just can’t take being challenged by your own words, that side is not the gospel. Learn it, live it, love it. I praise one god

« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 10:59:35 PM by Animl-AW »