Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Pluto

• Nickel Member
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2024, 04:06:47 PM »
For the record: targeting individuals no matter where they fly, for whatever country they are on, is why so many players have left, including myself.

That sounds like something a modern journalist, with an agenda, would write.  Maybe that's true for the few that had egos to maintain, but I would say the 1v8, race for the kill hordes, and general lame game play is what caused most to leave.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2024, 04:30:58 PM »
Hey All <S>,
 returned to the game and have been enjoying it, but have found the community to be pretty hostile to be fair. I have always been a Rook and so has my father, Havoc.
<S>

Hey Wrecker... Welcome back...  :salute  to HAVOC...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2024, 04:59:03 PM »
Thanks for the support Animl-AW..it's just a game.. :airplane:

If my repeated demise on yt brings new players to the game, I am all for it..sky you go girl! lol

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2024, 05:55:43 PM »
That sounds like something a modern journalist, with an agenda, would write.  Maybe that's true for the few that had egos to maintain, but I would say the 1v8, race for the kill hordes, and general lame game play is what caused most to leave.

And then when you kill them a few times they change fronts and the only fight between those two countries dies....
Tours 86 - 296

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2024, 06:08:12 PM »
but I would say the 1v8, race for the kill hordes, and general lame game play is what caused most to leave.
I blame most of that on proximity dar. Makes it incredibly easy for peeps to pick and avoid any kind of consequences.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2024, 10:12:02 PM »
Thanks for the support Animl-AW..it's just a game.. :airplane:

If my repeated demise on yt brings new players to the game, I am all for it..sky you go girl! lol

:cheers:

Eagler

Hah!  Good outlook.  Eagler has always been a classic.

- oldman

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2024, 01:15:10 AM »
I blame most of that on proximity dar. Makes it incredibly easy for peeps to pick and avoid any kind of consequences.

The dot dar I find to be preferable, showing the direction of planes makes fighting the horde even more difficult. I doubt we’d see a change back to it but it had some element of fog of war.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2024, 07:39:43 AM »

What kills me about players leaving bc lame game play is, compared to other sims where they go,….its worse. Frankly, there are irritants in every game, but I have a good time in AH, maybe because I’m not trying to be a pilot god. Different perspective.

The grass is not always greener, in fact, usually a myth.
One of those careful what ya wish for things.

The more people play, the more people play, the fun just goes up.

Even in relationships, ya get burned out on each other, split up, then ya try something else and start missing your ex, IF ya didn’t burn the whole bridge down.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2024, 08:52:02 AM »
The dot dar I find to be preferable, showing the direction of planes makes fighting the horde even more difficult. I doubt we’d see a change back to it but it had some element of fog of war.
It’s not the radar icons and direction of flight I’m referring to. It’s the fact that every plane and vehicle in game is an awacs now. It eliminates any fog at all and allows people to dog pile on single cons as well avoid fights that aren’t in their favor. It also detracts from the advantage radar towers deliver. Hell, you don’t even need to look out the window or rock your wings to know exactly where enemies are.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2024, 08:55:52 AM »
Regardless what the dar settings are seems to me that allowing multiple accounts provides the needed work around that can provide the same info..at a higher cost of course...probably why it's permitted imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2024, 09:02:23 AM »
The current Dar and current kill messages are ruining any strategy at all in the game. May as well be just be a big match play arena. Once your name shows up that you killed someone, it completely ruins your strategic position. Now they all know it's you and can shape their fighting style to create the advantage over you because you don't know who the players are coming after you. And they can look on the map and be-line it right to your dot on the map. Sigh.

There was never any adjustments made to current Dar. It was either this way or the old way. I didn't like that choice. There should be no dots at all outside of radar range. Bombers should not show as bombers. It completely gives them away. Then you have the resupply crap as well that defeats all purpose.

While sure, the other games don't provide as good of gameplay, yet. They are catching up, and HTCs ignoring poor gameplay is catching up, as we've seen with the poor #s the last 2 months.

I find no reason to play being gamed off my position while in flight when I'm trying to defend or be a strategic fighter to help save a field.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2024, 09:06:27 AM »
Regardless what the dar settings are seems to me that allowing multiple accounts provides the needed work around that can provide the same info..at a higher cost of course...probably why it's permitted imo

Eagler
It’s apparently allowed as long as you don’t share accounts. There have been multiple account holders for quite some time. Most people appear not to have used it as a gaming advantage. Some. Not so much.
~Hub Zemke

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2024, 09:29:44 AM »
Multiple accounts for kids/family to play in the same house, or for friends to play, or flying them at once is one thing.

Using multiple accounts to game any side at any time to target specific players and see all 3 sides at a whim to see positions is well... ghey.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2024, 09:49:29 AM »
The current Dar and current kill messages are ruining any strategy at all in the game. May as well be just be a big match play arena. Once your name shows up that you killed someone, it completely ruins your strategic position. Now they all know it's you and can shape their fighting style to create the advantage over you because you don't know who the players are coming after you. And they can look on the map and be-line it right to your dot on the map. Sigh.

There was never any adjustments made to current Dar. It was either this way or the old way. I didn't like that choice. There should be no dots at all outside of radar range. Bombers should not show as bombers. It completely gives them away. Then you have the resupply crap as well that defeats all purpose.

While sure, the other games don't provide as good of gameplay, yet. They are catching up, and HTCs ignoring poor gameplay is catching up, as we've seen with the poor #s the last 2 months.

Same numbers we had last ummer prime time. Its summer. Sept -oct they hopefully start climbing again for high winter numbers. I keep track 110-130, same
I find no reason to play being gamed off my position while in flight when I'm trying to defend or be a strategic fighter to help save a field.

Worst time of yr to estimate numbers.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 09:51:56 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2024, 09:51:06 AM »
Using multiple accounts to game any side at any time to target specific players and see all 3 sides at a whim to see positions is well... ghey.

Using accounts to spy while flying on a different country than the one you are flying on is cheating, per Hitech. Using different accounts to switch to a different fight/front  is not.

Like many others have said, switching the side-switch timer to a lesser value would fix the need for multiple accounts. Right now, in-game, there are ZERO fights on the Rook front. ZERO. Someone stuck on Rooks would just have to log out.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 09:54:13 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+