Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8592 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2024, 07:27:48 AM »
I’d like a copy of that gyro sight you use. Can’t seem to duplicate it. Musta took some time to get right. Of course that I’m aware of WWII planes didn’t have gyro sights to lead shots.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2024, 09:01:37 AM »
I’d like a copy of that gyro sight you use. Can’t seem to duplicate it. Musta took some time to get right. Of course that I’m aware of WWII planes didn’t have gyro sights to lead shots.

gyro sight?   you mean the AoA ladder?   that can be enabled in-game under options/prefs/flight - several HUD boxes you can check.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2024, 10:19:30 AM »

He is using what HT wants to make available. 

If anyone has a problem with that, make your case to HT to remove it.

I've watched quite a bit of his videos.

What I see is bandits go blood simple and overshooting him left and right greedily trying for a kill and putting themselves right in his sights.
What I see is bandits time and time again inexplicably reversing their turn with him on their six giving him a perfect opportunity to unload G and take a concentrated snap shot.  And if you start a loop without sufficient E and instead, split S while he is following you up, that is just a turn reversal in the vertical plane.

What I see is bandits being way to blasé about crossing his 3-9 line thinking he can't possibly make that high deflection shot.  But he can very often. 

He flys smart, but his super power is an uncanny ability to hit those high speed high deflection shots consistently. Shots I wouldn't have even tried, thus missing a kill opportunity.  I guess you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  I don't see cheating, I see years of practice with a good amount of natural gunnery instinct.  Would probably do very well at skeet.  Lesson:  don't cross his 3-9 line.

Shrug.  Bragging isn't my cup of tea, but he is usually talking crap back at those talking crap to him because they are mad they got shot down instead of going and looking at the film to see what they did wrong.  When you get shot down it is always your fault.  Period.  Full stop.  Just be a man and accept that.  Go watch the vid and learn from it.

Using multiple accounts to track and harass a player would be a ban-able violation.  Message HT with your evidence.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 10:27:26 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2024, 10:27:38 AM »
Just to pick a nit, I think that's a pitch ladder. Angle of Attack is attitude relative to wind.

Since I'm picking nits by wind I mean the flow of air relative to the aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 10:33:03 AM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2024, 10:38:47 AM »
I have points to spare for being off topic. Many military jets have an AoA indicator. If you're on final and staying on the glideslope and the AoA indicator is centered then you are "on speed".

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2024, 10:47:31 AM »
The white circle, part of his sight system, it moves opposite of the direction of the plane.
The more it moves the tighter the turn. This aids in leading a shot with the combo of flight ladder.  Its called a gyro sight, its not stationary.

You’ll see some use a red dot that dies similar. But there is a graphic trick that his works better.

Neither was in WWII AC.. neither would flicking the trim to recal.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2024, 10:50:38 AM »
The white circle, part of his sight system, it moves opposite of the direction of the plane.
The more it moves the tighter the turn. This aids in leading a shot with the combo of flight ladder.  Its called a gyro sight, its not stationary.

:rofl :rofl  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2024, 10:51:57 AM »

What I see is bandits go blood simple and overshooting him left and right greedily trying for a kill and putting themselves right in his sights.
What I see is bandits time and time again inexplicably reversing their turn with him on their six giving him a perfect opportunity to unload G and take a concentrated snap shot.  And if you start a loop without sufficient E and instead, split S while he is following you up, that is just a turn reversal in the vertical plane.

What I see is bandits being way to blasé about crossing his 3-9 line thinking he can't possibly make that high deflection shot.  But he can very often. 

He flys smart, but his super power is an uncanny ability to hit those high speed high deflection shots consistently. Shots I wouldn't have even tried, thus missing a kill opportunity.  I guess you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  I don't see cheating, I see years of practice with a good amount of natural gunnery instinct.  Would probably do very well at skeet.  Lesson:  don't cross his 3-9 line.

Shrug.  Bragging isn't my cup of tea, but he is usually talking crap back at those talking crap to him because they are mad they got shot down instead of going and looking at the film to see what they did wrong.  When you get shot down it is always your fault.  Period.  Full stop.  Just be a man and accept that.  Go watch the vid and learn from it.

Using multiple accounts to track and harass a player would be a ban-able violation.  Message HT with your evidence.

Shhhh. Don't teach them to use logic. Seeing the rage and hack accusations is far more entertaining than watching them self-improve.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2024, 10:52:25 AM »
:rofl :rofl  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

That's his head moving off the axis of the reflector sight. 

That's how TrackIr and VR work. 

And real life, for that matter.

:rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2024, 10:53:30 AM »

You’ll see some use a red dot that dies similar. But there is a graphic trick that his works better.

That's just how the sight works in VR and I am assuming Track IR.

Also plenty of WWII aircraft had gyro sights.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2024, 10:55:34 AM »

I mean....I feel embarrassed for him.

:rolleyes:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »

WWII aircraft did have gryo controlled optical sights btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_gunsight#:~:text=The%20first%20examples%20were%20developed,Mk%20IID%20Gyro%20reflector%20gunsight.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2024, 11:00:25 AM »

I guess there are people who never shot a rifle with a scope and cross hairs.

People with soft hands.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2024, 11:04:31 AM »

Its not technically cheating. But a gyrp sight combined with ladder removes the calculation from your head, which his opponents have to do. If your doi g those calculations in your head you don’t have as much ability to do other things at the same time. Contrary to popular beleif the brain handles thing at a time. Muscle memory helps fill that gap too.

Another advantage is he deals with zero nose bounce, where most do.

Not saying he’s not a disciplined flyer, but hr uses s lot of aids. Therefore I question why vids anf not films.

Aldo he us using some form if spotting system to kill one person over and over in a row, he’s getting help on that somehow. Notice he shys away from these subjects using irrekevent videos as deflection

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2024, 11:05:58 AM »
WWII aircraft did have gryo controlled optical sights btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_gunsight#:~:text=The%20first%20examples%20were%20developed,Mk%20IID%20Gyro%20reflector%20gunsight.

Ok thats fine, but mist of his opponents don’t, so that puts him above the average