Author Topic: This is lag...  (Read 536 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
This is lag...
« on: August 11, 2024, 11:04:33 AM »
This is about lag, not the player. The "why is he shooting at empty space and getting hits" has become more noticeable.

There have always been a broad range of global connections to the game, but it seems at some point the smoothing coad has apparently lost its efficacy compared to years past. Even back in 2008 I was connecting at 30-60 ms to the server.  Today it's generally 30-40ms. 

Getting hit by this kind of "that's not what I'm seeing, and I have no idea what the other guy is seeing" is why you often see me call out lagbois when they get lucky with their connect.

I mean, I'm sure he's seeing a valid shot on his end, but are we playing the same game here?

This kind of flies in the face of that collision logic of "what you see is what you get."  It's also why sometimes only one side of a collision will be affected worse or even get a msg at all.

But I guess it is what it is these days.

Watch it in slowmo, use angles and views.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: This is lag...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2024, 01:33:04 PM »
But you call " Lagbois " in a negative manor even tho they have no control over said lag and is not their fault?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2024, 03:49:10 PM »
But you call " Lagbois " in a negative manor even tho they have no control over said lag and is not their fault?

You're the one perceiving it as negative (generation snowflake, amirite?) when it's simply a statement of fact.  I'll often call it before I even know who it was.

Do you ever call out those calling me much worse?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2024, 04:43:11 PM »
You're the one perceiving it as negative (generation snowflake, amirite?) when it's simply a statement of fact.  I'll often call it before I even know who it was.

Do you ever call out those calling me much worse?
I've personally never heard it seen on 200 (other than what you posted) anyone call you anything I however I've called you all kinds of names but not on 200 or on vox the i only I've posted is that you get angry when someone stick stirs ( calling me weaksauce or something to that affect which you did on 200 not that I really gave a watermelon but you do like to play on 200) which I'm all for fights on 200 often are more active than in the air...
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait