Author Topic: Free subscription  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: Free subscription
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2024, 12:53:22 AM »
Scott
 Is a True Player who wants to see people still play whether he kills us or we kill him he is still here to help players out to either still play the game , or for the ones who want to come back and Play........ Salute to all the Players aka Family here who help others out to come back to the Game we all Love!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:salute
Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline pops04

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2024, 08:18:26 AM »
scott you are one of a kind.   :aok :airplane:

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2024, 04:04:24 PM »
I am tempted but peak play time is like 2am+ for me and I can't afford to stay up that late every night...  :frown:

This is the sad story for all EU players right now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2024, 04:51:44 PM »
Way to go Scott.   :cheers:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2024, 05:11:51 PM »
I am tempted but peak play time is like 2am+ for me and I can't afford to stay up that late every night...  :frown:

Try promoting the game to EU gamers. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2024, 07:33:41 PM »

well if the circumstances ever change just let me know and your subscription will be taken care of  :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2024, 01:32:12 AM »
Try promoting the game to EU gamers. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)
the issue with anyone is the time investment required in order to gain enough experience just to operate within the game, let alone be any good at it. Back in the day, with greater numbers, for most of us it was that social interaction along with our passion for virtual WW2 combat that kept us coming back. To be apart of something greater than just my small actions within a much large event that never stops. That dynamic no longer exists today. In fact, the only thing keeping this game going are us die hards. We have been blessed with afew new and returning players but in terms of growth... nah we done.

We are talking somewhere between 25 and  50 hours of  game time before muscle memory starts to kick in to compete. Then you add the tremendous downtime between action, accumulated with each sortie... least we all forget what its like to invest 15-20 minutes of nothing just to end back up in the tower not knowing what happened while reading someone shot you down.

I used to think this game had a chance to grow again. I no longer endorse that idea.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 01:36:28 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2024, 09:08:35 AM »
the issue with anyone is the time investment required in order to gain enough experience just to operate within the game, let alone be any good at it. Back in the day, with greater numbers, for most of us it was that social interaction along with our passion for virtual WW2 combat that kept us coming back. To be apart of something greater than just my small actions within a much large event that never stops. That dynamic no longer exists today. In fact, the only thing keeping this game going are us die hards. We have been blessed with afew new and returning players but in terms of growth... nah we done.

We are talking somewhere between 25 and  50 hours of  game time before muscle memory starts to kick in to compete. Then you add the tremendous downtime between action, accumulated with each sortie... least we all forget what its like to invest 15-20 minutes of nothing just to end back up in the tower not knowing what happened while reading someone shot you down.

I used to think this game had a chance to grow again. I no longer endorse that idea.

That sure is a negative reply in a positive thread.

For 20 of 35 yrs I’ve watched the same peaks and valleys every summer and winter. Both AW and AH.  And every summer players go doom and gloom when numbers are not expected to rise. Actually we’re running same numbers as last summer, minus 10 because of 1-2 dweebs who chased those 10+ away. The game isn’t doing it, the dweebs are. Last winter numbers hit 200, higher than prior winter.

Right now we have a moron targeting players until they do leave.

The CONSTANT doom and gloom posts are doing damage. Again, the players spewing in summer when numbers are suppose to be lower.

I’m still seeing new names/players.

This time of year last year we hit 130-140 regularly. We are missing the 10+ because of one dweeb. Top that nonsense with former players who did everything they could to skim players for another sim.

The game isn’t doing it, some players and former players are. If we removed doom and gloom and several individuals you could hit 250 this winter.

I’m needled constantly by former players who know flame wars drive players off. I’ve never done a damn thing to these dweebs, other than point out there child antics push players away, and most if all counter their efforts by trying to bring numbers up. The community don’t shame these “people” enough. You HAVE you push them out. You have to. Sitting on hands only helps them. Bad things happen when good people do nothing.

The game itself is not driving numbers down.
Run these dweebs out and stop doom and gloom posts is a great start. Steam players were a false positive by players who just jump from one game to another, with no real intensions to stay anywhere. That 700 was an illusion and bad benchmark.

We can hit 250 this winter. But very hard with what I stated above. Its not the game.

Locking post does not help, they can still be read. They need to be deleted.

Biggest of kudos to the core of this thread. Lets leave it positive.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2024, 09:18:08 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2024, 09:21:18 AM »
well if the circumstances ever change just let me know and your subscription will be taken care of  :salute

You’re a bigger man than I’ll ever be. May all good karma come your way.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2024, 09:25:53 AM »

Just remember, there is no real advertisement, its up to us. 20 players is 2 hordes. Sometimes we gave to help ourselves. Promote.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2024, 10:01:28 PM »

well I hope to be around until the lights go out and my offer will never expire this was my very 1st online game I ever played I'm 03 and I still love it
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2024, 01:10:30 AM »
Crap i learned tonight while trying to relearn flying buffs I now have to actually calibrate my site lol 7 years ago we just opened the doors looked thru the site and when the scope was lined up we dropped no calibration at all except when ya flew FSO. So now I have to learn it all over again and always hated calibration mode. Well least they did change the Gv stuff made a few trips shot many rockets HE rounds and all in a few towns even logged a kill since that player crashed before I could main gun him. But thanks to Scott I am able to play the game I love and  contributed to over many of years since 2000 even taken year off abd came back and a few years even served as a CM I will  be here til I die or this game goes lights out but hey Dale is keeping it going so we can enjoy it

:airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :banana:
               Wait n Bleed

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2024, 09:08:08 AM »
*Sorry, I misread the post lol
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2024, 08:52:15 PM »
Crap i learned tonight while trying to relearn flying buffs I now have to actually calibrate my site lol 7 years ago we just opened the doors looked thru the site and when the scope was lined up we dropped no calibration at all except when ya flew FSO. So now I have to learn it all over again and always hated calibration mode. Well least they did change the Gv stuff made a few trips shot many rockets HE rounds and all in a few towns even logged a kill since that player crashed before I could main gun him. But thanks to Scott I am able to play the game I love and  contributed to over many of years since 2000 even taken year off abd came back and a few years even served as a CM I will  be here til I die or this game goes lights out but hey Dale is keeping it going so we can enjoy it

:airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :banana:

I used to be a good bomber. Barely know how to start the engine now.  Amazing what a 14 yr hiatus can dump in memory. Its not like riding a bike. Its like I had to relearn everything. But a yr in its starting to click again. I finally got rid of all bounce from my 16 yr old stick, turn everything off <blank stare>. That alone changes the picture for me. Now I’m adjusting to no bounce . I’m landing 3 kills again. Thats a leap from 2 months ago.

Glad to see your name again <S>. Incites fond memories.

Kudos to all return players, more so for scott66 and his generous invites. Its glorious to witness.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2024, 09:02:00 PM »
<S> and thanks Ya Scotty also earned his Free Molsman Kill last night right after I killed A8balls with my M3   :devil
               Wait n Bleed