Author Topic: Time to hire coulple hundred Cossacks  (Read 442 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Time to hire coulple hundred Cossacks
« on: August 18, 2024, 04:36:44 PM »
In the movie Dr. Zhivago there was a scene where people were protesting at the head of the march this was a group of Cossacks on horseback, but wait it gets better there were Cossacks at the end of the column also. They charged and rode down the protestors. Now days we have protestors tearing our flag down and raising their flag. Causing property damage, defacing war monuments and chanting "Death to America" .Ah shucks I think it's time to send in the Cossacks to explain My views.
 Need to start a go fund me so we can hire a couple hundred Cossacks!
 You got me 2 cents.
                            :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Time to hire coulple hundred Cossacks
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 08:36:19 PM »
In the movie Dr. Zhivago there was a scene where people were protesting at the head of the march this was a group of Cossacks on horseback, but wait it gets better there were Cossacks at the end of the column also. They charged and rode down the protestors. Now days we have protestors tearing our flag down and raising their flag. Causing property damage, defacing war monuments and chanting "Death to America" .Ah shucks I think it's time to send in the Cossacks to explain My views.
 Need to start a go fund me so we can hire a couple hundred Cossacks!
 You got me 2 cents.

My two cents:

Doctor Zhivago is the best movie that has ever been made (followed by Lawrence of Arabia and Citizen Kane) (IMHO, of course).  So possibly you haven't seen it as many times as I have.  But your memory of the film is mistaken.  See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQLAg16ZD0

In a broader sense, sending the Cossacks to murder the demonstrators (OK, it's a metaphor) was one of the reasons that produced the February and October revolutions.  Do you really want to replay that here?

- oldman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 05:24:00 AM »
Protest gives some sort of meaning to their lost Facebook posting lives...

Even though most don't know the facts and details of what they are protesting for or against when asked pointed questions..

Should be some good ones in Chicago this week

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 01:24:19 PM »

My two cents:

Doctor Zhivago is the best movie that has ever been made (followed by Lawrence of Arabia and Citizen Kane) (IMHO, of course).  So possibly you haven't seen it as many times as I have.  But your memory of the film is mistaken.  See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQLAg16ZD0

In a broader sense, sending the Cossacks to murder the demonstrators (OK, it's a metaphor) was one of the reasons that produced the February and October revolutions.  Do you really want to replay that here?

- oldman

Ok--Ok we will use just one Column of Cossacks
 Have always believed if you're heading to the slaughterhouse, might as well go as a Bull rather than a Steer!
AkCaine

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 11:49:49 PM »
Do you really want to replay that here?
- oldman

All things considered... seems like we aren't that far from such things being on the table sooner rather than later.   A nice WW would provide a nice distraction.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann