Author Topic: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."  (Read 1799 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
That's it. That's all I said. No previous context. He said something and I said he was an idiot.
And when someone asked me why I said that, I gave said context, then got muted.

Is that really the power we want mods to have?

Out for the day (mute 10min but yeah).

~4PM PST HiTech if you want to see chat history.  If you even care any more.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 09:05:45 PM »
It's really interesting to see what gets allowed and what doesn't.  It's almost as if there's only one moderator left, maybe two, and they're hardly ever on when I'm on.  Regardless, these types of threads aren't a good idea (I see you have another thread about a mod as well).  Just call Dale.  :salute
Tours 86 - 296

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2024, 09:22:33 PM »
My guess is that he was going on and on and on about any number of things..... need help here.... somebody run supplies there.... need bombers to A45...... need to hit strats..... and then all the complaints he normally has after everyone ignores him.

The "idiot" comment is the one that broke the camels back  to get the "calm down", and by not shutting his mouth, the mute for 10 minutes. It doesnt matter what was said after the "calm down" the MOD took it as he didnt calm down and so got muted. Pretty simple and strait forward.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 10:05:32 PM »
My guess is that he was going on and on and on about any number of things..... need help here.... somebody run supplies there.... need bombers to A45...... need to hit strats..... and then all the complaints he normally has after everyone ignores him.

The "idiot" comment is the one that broke the camels back  to get the "calm down", and by not shutting his mouth, the mute for 10 minutes. It doesnt matter what was said after the "calm down" the MOD took it as he didnt calm down and so got muted. Pretty simple and strait forward.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 11:12:32 PM »
lol
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 11:48:42 PM »
why say something stupid in the first place to attract the MODS attention, this is a game and that is all it is why so many people get buthurt over stupid Crap

Just my 2 cents

<S>
Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 03:08:50 AM »
Have a pretty good feeling on who is the supplier of this info now, it’s someone pretending to argue on 200 so as not to draw suspicion, but becoming quite apparent. 

Isn’t going to change how I play though, I’m not climbing to 20k just to find he’s now going to 23k every time. If I’m up that high, I likely got distracted climbing out. Heck maybe I’ll figure out how Brando survives so long in his N1k at 50’ agl. 😆
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2024, 07:56:27 AM »
Have a pretty good feeling on who is the supplier of this info now, it’s someone pretending to argue on 200 so as not to draw suspicion, but becoming quite apparent. 

Isn’t going to change how I play though, I’m not climbing to 20k just to find he’s now going to 23k every time. If I’m up that high, I likely got distracted climbing out. Heck maybe I’ll figure out how Brando survives so long in his N1k at 50’ agl. 😆

what your describing is how we all did it back in the day. Climb to 25K and patrol
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2024, 07:57:55 AM »

Isn't it funny how how he always comes in higher no matter how high you get? Always sketch to me whens hes outside of visual range. I know eagler is having the same thing too, I and others being targeted have mentioned the same thing.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 08:46:34 AM »
Isn't it funny how how he always comes in higher no matter how high you get? Always sketch to me whens hes outside of visual range. I know eagler is having the same thing too, I and others being targeted have mentioned the same thing.

Ladder climbing

I mentioned on 200 he always comes in at 15k.
So, not to be caught co-alt of 15k, his victim called out he came in at 18k.
So not to be caught co-alt at 18k he came in at 20k, of course that was mentioned on 200 so next time is 22k.

Tells me he has to have minimum 2k advantage of the common alt. He only comes in at co-alt after he drops 2k for speed.

I found if you both start with his co-alt, taking away his drop for E, he’ll HO ya. He doesn’t manage E any better than many, he comes in with a high E buffer, you’ll lose E before he does, then claim you know nothing about E. Which is only true if you don’t do the same.

High E with a good turning 109 that restores E fast, and 30mm nose guns, thats a good upper hand.

Don’t think he’d fair all that well in a 51D. Can’t fly like he does and maintain E in a 51 too. No matter what he flies he extends out of the furball for E often, thats when he’s most vulnerable if you have speed up. If he thinks its equal he’ll rope and HO ya. Many AC will stall before a 109 (me thinks).

Once you figure out his patterns he becomes predictable. You chess mate him on merges by 3rd - 4th round he resorts to HO. He doesn’t have patience.

The way he aims it takes mire time. Never stay in his guns more than 2-3 seconds. You’ll be hit by 3-4seconds. Stay out of that window, break, even just slightly. If he wants the shot he’ll have to guess the lead like the rest of us.

His biggest fear is you have the alt on him. When I mentioned I’m going to hunt him from 30k, he brought a posse in.

He’s paranoid someone flies like him, play on his fears, panic is an easier kill. When you fly what he does, how he does, the upper hand is deminished.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 08:50:33 AM »
what your describing is how we all did it back in the day. Climb to 25K and patrol

Maybe the difference is you didn't they swoop down to > 4k and pick...it wasn't an issue until recently

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 09:19:24 AM »
Uh...you fellers, Rotbaron, Animal and Violator and Eagler...heck, everyone but Fugitive, ya'll do understand this post by OP was NOT about Skyyr, right?     OP is 'osmium'. While I do not have many problems with him, he can get on my nerves at times. He is a 'Strategy/Win Da War' player. All you guys know what I mean.  I figure someone got tired of his "MY WAY...or I will go Rook" on Country? Reported more than a few times and instead of contacting HT about mass report mute...he posted here.   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 09:22:35 AM »
Maybe the difference is you didn't they swoop down to > 4k and pick...it wasn't an issue until recently

Eagler

I kinda do that, more so recently, because he does. Except I’m usually hunting pickers. If one who wants to beat him ya have to fly like he does, or your milage will vary, with any picker, which he does often.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 10:14:19 AM »
Uh...you fellers, Rotbaron, Animal and Violator and Eagler...heck, everyone but Fugitive, ya'll do understand this post by OP was NOT about Skyyr, right?     OP is 'osmium'. While I do not have many problems with him, he can get on my nerves at times. He is a 'Strategy/Win Da War' player. All you guys know what I mean.  I figure someone got tired of his "MY WAY...or I will go Rook" on Country? Reported more than a few times and instead of contacting HT about mass report mute...he posted here.   

I hope you all get as tired of me posting this crap as I am of Skyyr and his BS in game. He wants to play this game and HTC doesn't want to care? Than ill come here and annoy everyone with it so he will never live down his petty tactics on the community.

Molly has a point, the word idiot shouldn't receive a hit. I knows he's complained about it for a long time too, but unfortunately all we can do is annoy the forums since no actions is taken by the leader of the game to resolve issues.

:salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 01:02:31 PM »

Mi think some were comparing him to this because he goes iff on similar rants. I think it chilled right before you came online.

In normal agreeing with Fugi,…I try to shy away on these issues without witnessing it myself or looking at logs, which I can’t do. There is almost always more to a story.

A lot of flaming goin around house due to our buddy, might have been collateral damge to get things chilled out.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 01:04:49 PM by Animl-AW »