Author Topic: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."  (Read 1804 times)

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
Re: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2024, 04:23:29 PM »
Ladder climbing

I mentioned on 200 he always comes in at 15k.
So, not to be caught co-alt of 15k, his victim called out he came in at 18k.
So not to be caught co-alt at 18k he came in at 20k, of course that was mentioned on 200 so next time is 22k.

Tells me he has to have minimum 2k advantage of the common alt. He only comes in at co-alt after he drops 2k for speed.

I found if you both start with his co-alt, taking away his drop for E, he’ll HO ya. He doesn’t manage E any better than many, he comes in with a high E buffer, you’ll lose E before he does, then claim you know nothing about E. Which is only true if you don’t do the same.

High E with a good turning 109 that restores E fast, and 30mm nose guns, thats a good upper hand.

Don’t think he’d fair all that well in a 51D. Can’t fly like he does and maintain E in a 51 too. No matter what he flies he extends out of the furball for E often, thats when he’s most vulnerable if you have speed up. If he thinks its equal he’ll rope and HO ya. Many AC will stall before a 109 (me thinks).

Once you figure out his patterns he becomes predictable. You chess mate him on merges by 3rd - 4th round he resorts to HO. He doesn’t have patience.

The way he aims it takes mire time. Never stay in his guns more than 2-3 seconds. You’ll be hit by 3-4seconds. Stay out of that window, break, even just slightly. If he wants the shot he’ll have to guess the lead like the rest of us.

His biggest fear is you have the alt on him. When I mentioned I’m going to hunt him from 30k, he brought a posse in.

He’s paranoid someone flies like him, play on his fears, panic is an easier kill. When you fly what he does, how he does, the upper hand is deminished.

What? The 51 is one of the slickest airframes in game?

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2024, 04:42:02 PM »
1. It takes 2 to HO
2. A front quarter shot isn’t a HO.
3. Anything past the merge is fair game.

So unless you have a gun solution on the other guy as well it isn’t a HO.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2024, 04:51:26 PM »
Ladder climbing

I mentioned on 200 he always comes in at 15k.
So, not to be caught co-alt of 15k, his victim called out he came in at 18k.
So not to be caught co-alt at 18k he came in at 20k, of course that was mentioned on 200 so next time is 22k.

Tells me he has to have minimum 2k advantage of the common alt. He only comes in at co-alt after he drops 2k for speed.

I found if you both start with his co-alt, taking away his drop for E, he’ll HO ya. He doesn’t manage E any better than many, he comes in with a high E buffer, you’ll lose E before he does, then claim you know nothing about E. Which is only true if you don’t do the same.

High E with a good turning 109 that restores E fast, and 30mm nose guns, thats a good upper hand.

Don’t think he’d fair all that well in a 51D. Can’t fly like he does and maintain E in a 51 too. No matter what he flies he extends out of the furball for E often, thats when he’s most vulnerable if you have speed up. If he thinks its equal he’ll rope and HO ya. Many AC will stall before a 109 (me thinks).

Once you figure out his patterns he becomes predictable. You chess mate him on merges by 3rd - 4th round he resorts to HO. He doesn’t have patience.

The way he aims it takes mire time. Never stay in his guns more than 2-3 seconds. You’ll be hit by 3-4seconds. Stay out of that window, break, even just slightly. If he wants the shot he’ll have to guess the lead like the rest of us.

His biggest fear is you have the alt on him. When I mentioned I’m going to hunt him from 30k, he brought a posse in.

He’s paranoid someone flies like him, play on his fears, panic is an easier kill. When you fly what he does, how he does, the upper hand is deminished.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

How'd that work out for ya?

https://youtu.be/8whuyoLEpa0

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2024, 04:56:21 PM »
1. It takes 2 to HO

deflection shot
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2024, 04:58:51 PM »
so let me get this straight, you called someone an idiot and someone asked you to calm down? and you're upset about that? wow. grow a thicker skin!! or if you prefer, i can send you a little girls dress? your choice!

Offline knorB

• Silver Member

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2024, 08:01:07 PM »
1. It takes 2 to HO

To some of us we play the game to fight in fighters. Out maneuver the other guy to get him into a position where he doesnt have a shot, but you do. It takes skill and a bit of thought.

It only takes one to HO..... to those that want to fight, you dont fire on a head on merge, you maneuver.

A front quarter shot isnt a HO.... To those that want to fight, a front quarter shot is a HO as even if off line a hard kick of the rudder is a HO.

Anything past the merge is fair game.... to those that want a fight, no it is not.

To me I have always loved this game because of the fight. After all these years I would have hope to be much better but I dont put in the time some other guys do, and after all "Practice makes perfect". It is the biggest reason I wont bother with jets in those other games.

To others, a HO is how they play the game. They are more interested in the kill count than the thrill of the fight. And there is nothing wrong with that, much the same as those that prefer the base grabs and win the war action. Its what make this game so much better than all the others..... options.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2024, 08:12:02 PM »
Wrong

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2024, 09:11:07 PM »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2024, 09:38:29 PM »
hard to take a drunk tard seriously.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2024, 09:47:03 PM »
I still don’t understand how adding the arbitrary rule of “No HO” makes someone more inclined to enjoy/appreciate a fight.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2024, 09:58:14 PM »
I still don’t understand how adding the arbitrary rule of “No HO” makes someone more inclined to enjoy/appreciate a fight.

It all depends on what your looking for in the game.

Your a pretty good stick. You seem to like to fight for the win. That doesnt mean you wont fire on a head on merge (HO) but I think you would rather not, to instead force your opponent into a position where they cant shot and you can.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2024, 10:12:19 PM »

Many years ago in another game, it was just an unwritten rule that most of us were imprinted with the concept. Anyone can HO and get a kill,.... not everyone can fight their way to a win.
When someone did HO on first merge, which was rare, they were shamed and painted as skill-less.

SO basically, an HO shows the fear of the fight they may otherwise lose. It's a skill-less act that's rewarded with a kill/points.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2024, 10:35:40 PM »
I agree. So what does one do? I’ve been back in the game several months now and rarely get a clean merge. The times I try to avoid the HO I get shot in the face. Good fights are rare (just like I remember). It seems to me HOing and picking is still the name of the game.