Author Topic: Other hobbies/past times  (Read 844 times)

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
Other hobbies/past times
« on: August 20, 2024, 07:24:15 AM »
My wife's niece and family showed up last weekend for a visit. Her husband lost his dad last year they are/were both motorcycle guys and rode together quite often. They had often talked about taking a trip down here and riding The Tail of the Dragon. Sadly, that never happened. So, I was happy to oblige and honored when asked if I'd ride it with him.

His bike on the left mine on the right.

Sadly, we found out this was added to 45 min or so before we arrived.

Gentlemen know you and your bikes limitations. Ride your pace, stay safe and enjoy the ride.

Sorry about the PIC size i forgot to edit it after uploading.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Other hobbies/past times
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 09:03:19 AM »
I should wreck there and leave behind a mask, snorkel, and 1980s rocket fins.    c

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 09:18:37 AM »
I should wreck there and leave behind a mask, snorkel, and 1980s rocket fins.    c

Now that would be confusing hung from the tree.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 11:27:07 AM »
Last time I posted my other hobbies on the internet I got censored  :bolt:  Crazy you can't post pictures on the internet of dead animals without getting attacked.  Heck, you can't post anything without getting attacked anymore  :rofl

Right now most of my money goes towards playing live music.  You know the vicious cycle of a musician never satisfied with the way they sound  :rofl.  Will try to post some pictures later!
Since Tour 86 (Banshee7 since Tour 90)

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 11:34:05 AM »
Last time I posted my other hobbies on the internet I got censored  :bolt:  Crazy you can't post pictures on the internet of dead animals without getting attacked.  Heck, you can't post anything without getting attacked anymore  :rofl

Right now most of my money goes towards playing live music.  You know the vicious cycle of a musician never satisfied with the way they sound  :rofl.  Will try to post some pictures later!

It's not just musicians. Pick just about anything. As an example, you can fish for cheap. Then its upgrade the rod and real. Then its if I had a John boat.  That escalates into if I had a bass boat... ya know I need a rig to pull it.

So I get ya.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 11:37:08 AM »
Wife says I'm too old to ride. I don't agree with that but the people here drive like nuts. Maybe I'll get another Harley when they're giving them away. Paint Indian on the tank.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 11:38:48 AM »
It's not just musicians. Pick just about anything. As an example, you can fish for cheap. Then its upgrade the rod and real. Then its if I had a John boat.  That escalates into if I had a bass boat... ya know I need a rig to pull it.

So I get ya.

I play golf, too.  double whammy on the wallet  :rofl :rofl
Since Tour 86 (Banshee7 since Tour 90)

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 12:17:19 PM »
I play golf, too.  double whammy on the wallet  :rofl :rofl
ohhh noooo.

Try firearms/reloading, motorcycles and my latest is a V8 swapped S15.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2024, 04:26:59 PM »
.... or camping,,, no tent.. 5th wheel, truck, of course I have to take the Dagger Charleston, all the other gear.... Will be heading to New Braunfels Friday morning for a week. Meeting up with some friends there.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 04:40:29 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2024, 04:37:00 PM »
.... or camping,,, no tent.. 5th wheel, truck, of course I have to take the Dagger Charleston, all the other gear.... Will be heading to New Braunfels Friday morning for a week. Meeting up with some friends there.
Don’t forget the blender.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 04:41:08 PM »
Don’t forget the blender.

NEVER   :aok  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2024, 05:54:48 PM »

I drew my beloved 109 today  :devil

It's sort of based off a model my brother bought me I have yet to finish. A 109g10.

So getting back into art again I suppose.  Practicing drawing a lot of planes. I think I'll do a p47 next.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 05:59:36 PM by svaalbar »
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2024, 06:02:25 PM »
Nice svaalbar!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2024, 08:00:37 PM »
Nice svaalbar!

Eagler

Thanks! I took your advice and started drawing more prop planes. Using a 3d model helps a lot more than images for reference
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2024, 09:14:13 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I drew my beloved 109 today  :devil

It's sort of based off a model my brother bought me I have yet to finish. A 109g10.

So getting back into art again I suppose.  Practicing drawing a lot of planes. I think I'll do a p47 next.

IMHO.....much better. Nice even!
80th FS "Headhunters"