Author Topic: This guy is amazing (entertainment industry)  (Read 757 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: This guy is amazing (entertainment industry)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2024, 10:26:32 AM »
This is not so much about her. But if you look on the floor, you see boxes. Those are monitor speakers, thats what I mix. With her its 22 different mixes. Thete are also side-fills same as main system but for stage only.

This is the grammy show I mixed for. She stood in fir the Luciano Pavarotti who got sick.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2024, 10:53:43 AM »
Yet, I did this show too. I’ve done everyone from Mel Torme to Rammstein and everyone in between. Being on stage fir this us crazy world, in steroids. Just pay me my
Money. Biggest pyro shiw EVER. Watch to end

« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 10:56:54 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2024, 02:17:39 PM »
Eagler
In the late 70s-80s this was absolutely true. When you’re doing 16-18 hr days cocaine was your friend and enemy. Weed put you to sleep. You only got 4 hrs of sleep to wake up and do it again.

In the 90s with more money invested, if you made a mistake and they found out you were high, you got blackballed, your career with high profile artist was over, period. A life of coffee became your best friend.

Today, with high profile artist, not anymore. Today with $millions invested its not permitted. You better have a reputation for being straight and alert, and very precise with your work or you just don’t get the job. Get caught, you’re fired. Its just forbidden. A lit that nipped that crap is insurance. If you got hurt, and were high, you are not covered. You can get hurt every five minutes, if its not moving it will be moving, be alert. Everything is heavy, everything can crush you.  We are kniws to pull off miracles with gear setup, if you’re high you get hurt.

Tifay us 100% different than the 80s. I barely remember the 80s. I might remember 10-20 concerts. I was not immune to the culture. Today, I don’t drink. If I do, its one cocktail, 2 shots, I’m done. Seen it all, done it all, have all the T-shirts. I’m way beyond washed up on that nonsense.  I like being alert and straight. My job depends on it too. This Animl us drunk talk is 100% nonsense. 30 yrs ago it would be true. Most of us grew up, and straight as an arriw. Prolly more so than you or others here. :)

Done that, don’t need it, don’t like it :)

At work, don’t be high in front of me, I’ll fire you in half a breath. I’m very strict,]

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2024, 04:25:20 PM »
Interesting.  Thanks for info.  :aok

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2024, 07:24:48 PM »
A tip for anyone who goes to concerts.

Front row is NOT the best seats for visuals and sound quality, not even "VIP" rows.
While this can put you closer to the artist, you're missing the whole picture of the show.

1) You're not going to touch anyone, between the barricades and security, it just won't happen. Maybe at a city festival, MAYBE.
2) The Front speaker fills of the front of the stage, that just cover the first 5-10 rows, are not the same quality as the man system.
3) Referring to #2, the under the front of the stage, is where we put all the sub-speakers. This means, the subs will most likely be louder than the front fills, which handles all the high tones. Attention to that is not top concern. The bleed of Side-fill system for monitors MAY bleed off, but it will never sound great. WE refer to them as garbage seats, the audience sees it as the opposite. <shrug> They love charging those high prices.

The best seats in almost any large venue will be starting at row 15 to row 20 dead center of the room.

1) The FOH guys is 100 ft back, or more. we want the Left and right sides of the sound system to coupe together as one sound just before it gets to us mixing the show. SO, maybe 5 rows in front of the sound mixing site is where it's going to sound the very best. We mix to where it hits us and do the best on the rest of the room. That is where the Front of House sound guy is making it as good as he can for that room. 1-12 rows is usually not the best for sound.

2) You want to see the light show and whole stage without moving your head, but close enough everything covers your whole vision. So if you're close enough to fill your vision, but not move your head that will start about the 15th row. In teared seating, usually in theater concerts, 15th row is also where your eyes are level with the floor of the stage, you don't have to look up, just straight forward.

3) People down front will be the first to stand in your line of sight to the stage. They have to look up to see the stage, and maybe can't see everyone on stage. They will stand.

So, if you want to have a real good time, sit and enjoy the light show and good sound, 15-20th rows.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2024, 08:00:42 PM »
There’s nothing like being on the rail, though!
Tours 86 - 296