Author Topic: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2024, 11:40:14 AM »
As was the case with KOTH rule enforcement is critical!
As silly as it sounds in todays world and an online environment there will be no way you can guarantee the rules will be followed as honor and integrity isn’t at a level it used to be and would need to be in this event.

It's 1v1s. Both players film the entire sortie and submit film. There's not any other rules to enforce, especially if air spawns are used in Matchplay or a custom arena.

I can get where some people might think this is hard, simply recording every sortie.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 01:09:38 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2024, 11:59:52 AM »
Id be open to helping with organizing
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2024, 01:58:40 PM »
How do you guarantee your fighting the person you think you are?
Or if it’s just them or who know that’s chiming in.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2024, 02:26:45 PM »
How do you guarantee your fighting the person you think you are?
Or if it’s just them or who know that’s chiming in.

I have three seperate responses to that:

1) logging into someone else's account is a violation of use policy, I believe, so we could always ask Hitech to confirm

2) personally, I'm not sure why I would care if someone else is logging in to my opponent's account. If I get beat, I get beat. Who cares what their name is or isn't? It seems to me this is just an arbitrary worry of ego.

3) nrshida is a liar to the previous accusations and I'm willing to even pull Hitech in to confirm it. What nrshida witnessed was too much for his imagination to handle, so he assumed foul play must have occurred.

<S>
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2024, 02:51:55 PM »
I have three seperate responses to that:

1) logging into someone else's account is a violation of use policy, I believe, so we could always ask Hitech to confirm

2) personally, I'm not sure why I would care if someone else is logging in to my opponent's account. If I get beat, I get beat. Who cares what their name is or isn't? It seems to me this is just an arbitrary worry of ego.

3) nrshida is a liar to the previous accusations and I'm willing to even pull Hitech in to confirm it. What nrshida witnessed was too much for his imagination to handle, so he assumed foul play must have occurred.

<S>

You don't see the issue with number 2?

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2024, 03:12:31 PM »
You don't see the issue with number 2?

I never said I didn't see an issue; I said I personally wouldn't be worried about who I was fighting, regardless of the name they used. If I were to fly in such an event, I'd be much more concerned about winning than who I might lose to.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2024, 03:38:30 PM »
3) nrshida is a liar

Sadly no, nrshida is an excellent amateur detective who caught Skyyr cheating. Again.

I'm willing to even pull Hitech in to confirm it.

How uncharacteristically noble of you. Just snap your fingers and he'd appear to support you like a butler is it? I think you will find HiTech can think for himself.

An evidenced accusation is not by definition a lie. HiTech is welcome to discuss my findings if he wishes. I am - not for the first time - entirely at his disposal. Of course there'd be two players to ban, the one who logged into the other's account and the other for sharing log-in details to do so. Had that not occured or do you have a track record of throwing others under the bus with you? How disappointing.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2024, 03:46:08 PM »
Sadly no, nrshida is an excellent amateur detective who caught Skyyr cheating. Again.

How uncharacteristically noble of you. Just snap your fingers and he'd appear to support you like a butler is it? I think you will find HiTech can think for himself.

An evidenced accusation is not by definition a lie. HiTech is welcome to discuss my findings if he wishes. I am - not for the first time - entirely at his disposal. Of course there'd be two players to ban, the one who logged into the other's account and the other for sharing log-in details to do so. Had that not occured or do you have a track record of throwing others under the bus with you? How disappointing.

Orrr... you were too stupid to realize that two players used the "Change Callsign" option in-game and swapped IDs.

Yes, that makes you both a liar and utterly unimaginative. No, you don't get to do your stupid little dance or reversal and claim "I meant that." No, you claimed I logged into someone else's account. I have NEVER done so. If you're dumb enough to press this issue, this is my open request to have Hitech to confirm the above, if he feels so inclined.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2024, 04:01:40 PM »
Orrr... you were too stupid to realize that two players used the "Change Callsign" option in-game and swapped IDs.

Yes, that makes you both a liar and utterly unimaginative. No, you don't get to do your stupid little dance or reversal and claim "I meant that." No, you claimed I logged into someone else's account. I have NEVER done so. If you're dumb enough to press this issue, this is my open request to have Hitech to confirm the above, if he feels so inclined.

Are you emotional? You sound emotional. Dangerous to guess what I know.

You carry on your typical forum routine thinking you can spin and manipulate out of every situation YOU put yourself in. I think we'll go with the suggestion to let HiTech examine evidence.

"You reap what you sow" - I saw that painted on a stabiliser of a Halifax.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2024, 04:04:13 PM »
Are you emotional? You sound emotional. Dangerous to guess what I know.

You carry on your typical forum routine thinking you can spin and manipulate out of every situation YOU put yourself in. I think we'll go with the suggestion to let HiTech examine evidence.

"You reap what you sow" - I saw that painted on a stabiliser of a Halifax.

Thats a lot of words to say "crap, I was wrong."

Please feel free to PM Hitech or call him and refer him to the post here. And I guarantee you that you don't have the balls or intestinal fortitude to post when you're proven to be wrong.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2024, 05:29:24 PM »
There is not enough credibility, integrity or good-will in the event organizer for me to risk partaking in such misadventure.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2024, 05:37:17 PM »
...two players used the "Change Callsign" option in-game and swapped IDs
Let me take a wild guess. Vraciu challenged someone to a duel, so you changed your call sign to Vraciu and fought on his behalf. Yeah that sounds about right.

No one in their right mind would participate in anything you touch.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2024, 05:44:10 PM »
So you are saying you and Vraciu swapped IDs for the event in question?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2024, 05:45:30 PM »
So you are saying you and Vraciu swapped IDs for the event in question?

There was no event nor did I mention names. I'm saying that the accusations which occurred are lies and two members swapped IDs using valid game mechanics (change ID) in the MA and DA during normal gameplay, to which smooth-brain types like nrshida claimed that I had logged into someone else's account.

No event, just normal day-to-day gameplay.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 05:47:09 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2024, 05:57:02 PM »
There is not enough credibility, integrity or good-will in the event organizer for me to risk partaking in such misadventure.

He said he wouldn’t be organizing.

What risk would there really be to participate? If the match play arena was used you wouldn’t even need a subscription.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!