Author Topic: vehicle-aircraft proxy kills  (Read 938 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
vehicle-aircraft proxy kills
« on: October 12, 2024, 05:07:03 PM »
What is the range from an enemy vehicle that will give him a proxy kill when I bail out of an undamaged airplane over a friendly base?

And why?    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: vehicle-aircraft proxy kills
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2024, 07:23:29 PM »
MA ManuverKillRange (that's the name of the variable that determines proxy kill range in Arena Settings, under "ranges" tab) is set at 18,000 feet. If I recall correctly it's the same against vehicles?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2024, 08:58:54 PM »
Did not explain the "why" and IMO, it seems goofy. Only ever thought Prox kills were designed to cover the situation where an enemy was outflown and forced into the ground.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 03:24:32 AM »
Only ever thought Prox kills were designed to cover the situation where an enemy was outflown and forced into the ground.

Quite a number of players would bail just deny their enemy a kill. That's also the reason proxy kill range was increased to icon display range a few years ago.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 08:21:05 AM »
Seems like there is no kill to deny, bailing over a friendly field from an undamaged plane 6000 yards from a vehicle that never fired a shot.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 08:23:06 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:19:25 AM »
Seems like there is no kill to deny, bailing over a friendly field from an undamaged plane 6000 yards from a vehicle that never fired a shot.

This has been annoying to me as well. But I don’t expect a change and try to ignore it. It just seems to paint things with a wide brush.

My thought seems to be someone who bails with no damage gets points subtracted, not reward someone on 200. <shrug> it is what it is.