Author Topic: Hurri IIc  (Read 4894 times)

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »
No, frankly RAM I don't understand you at all. Are you saying that any new plane modelled should either have weak guns or turn like an oil tanker, so nobody can HO in it?

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
If I was the one making the game? sure  

now seriously: it is a PERSONAL point of view. Nothing else. That it will do the HO still more common in MA, and I dont like that.

But I am noone to say "model it" or "don't model it". I say that I'd rather want to see a SpitXIV because it would enforce more the use of ACM than the use of HOs. If HTC chooses to model the Hurricane IIc I will keep on flying just like I am doing it now with the Nikis and Chogs.

Anyway, I can tell you, I start to understand why a rolling planeset is better in some regards than what we have now. But I know we won't get it so I will stop the comment here.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 10-17-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2000, 01:51:00 PM »
Give us the 10 * 303 version.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
That's OK RAM, you have your opinion and I have mine. I just really wish we could have a North Africa scenario with the Hurricane IID in No 6 squadron camo. Sigh   I am Hawker boy, hear me bore...

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
Well, first of all ram...  Whine whine, whiney whine whine, whine whine whine.  I'll even throw in a couple squeak, squeak, squeak for ya.  

Zekes coming at you for an HO?  Why's this a bad thing?  Point your nose, fire a cannon round or two, and bring out the marshmallows!  mmmm...smores!

SOB
NikiDweeb

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
LOL SOB!

I said I hate HOs, not that I lose them when I accept them  

BTW you like my new sig?  

------------------
RAM... Whine whine, whiney whine whine, whine whine whine. I'll even throw in a couple squeak, squeak, squeak for ya.

SOB

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2000, 02:36:00 PM »
I have an idea.

Lets all ask HTC to satisfy RAM by redoing the plane-set.  This will stop all of the dweeb HOs.

The P-51D could be redone as the P-40B.
Lets see, the P-47D-25 could become a P-26 and the P-47D-30 a Brewster Buffalo.
Turn the P-38L into a Westland Whirlwind..., no, wait, that can do 360mph (almost as fast as a Bf109F-4, heaven forbid that) and has 4 20mm Hispano cannon, sure its only got 60rpg but even so it'd still just be an HO and Spray 'n Pray dweebplane.  P-38L will have to be a Bristol Blenheim MkI.
F4U-1C should become an F4F and the F4U-1D can be a Devastator.
The B-17G will need to become a B-17C and I guess the B-26 can be a B-16.
The Spitfire MkIX should reduce to a Spitfire MkIIa nicely, which means that the Spitfire MkVb can settle as a Spitfire MkIa.
The Typhoon MkIb will do well as a Hurricane MkI, don't you think RAM?
The Lancaster MkIII would have to become a Wellington MkI.  Seems fair.
The Yak-9U would make an OK MiG-3.
The La-5FN looks a little like an I-16, at least they're both radials.  So I-16 it is.
I guess the C.205 can be remade as a C.200 and the C.202 as a Fiat Biplane fighter.
The N1K2 would serve as a A6M2 I think, sorry RAM, its still got cannon.
The A6M5b is much too good and needs to be changed to a A5M.

So our plane-set would be as follows:

American
P-40B
P-26
Brewster Buffalo (Finnish colors)
F4F
Devastator
B-17C
B-16

German
Bf109F-4
Bf109G-2 (Finnish colors)
Bf109G-6
Bf109G-10
Fw190A-5
Fw190A-8
Ju88A-4

British
Blenheim MkI
Spitfire MkIa
Spitfire MkIIa
Hurricane MkI
Wellington MkI

Russian
MiG-3
I-16

Japanese
A5M
A6M2

Italian
C.200
Fiat Biplane Fighter (The one that fought in the Battle of Britain, I don't know the model number)

Well RAM, what do you think?  Pretty balanced now.  Allies and non-German Axis will now have aircraft that are comparable to what the Germans have.  Nobody'll HO you now (well, maybe those A6M2s).  Of course, now all the dweebs will fly German kites and those who remain loyal to their prefered nationality will be turn dweebs, not to mention nearly as rare as hen's teeth.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___
END SARCASM

RAM, we're sick of hearing about how the Luftwaffe is SO undermodeled and how everybody is out to get the poor Germans.

RAM, did it ever occur to you that a slow plane, like a Zero, has no choice but to HO if they want to ever get a shot on a fast BnZer?  You expect those Zero pilots to just let you kill them without ever try to get a shot at you?  Why don't you use your Fw and get in a turn fight with the Zero?  Because it'll kick your bellybutton if you do.  I don't see Zero pilots complaining that people just BnZ them all the time, do you?

Sisu
-Karnak

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 10-17-2000).]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
Well you have either of this problems:

1)you are blind
2)you don't know to read.

There are more but I will keep`the respect towards you that you dont have towards me, and I'll shut up.

Learn to read and go and take a look to my post again. i said that I PREFERED SPITFIRE 14,XIV, your damned beloved uberplane, before the Hurricane IIc.

If you think that it is me wanting to derate allied planes, then its your problem. Go and learn how to read and then forget about me.

BTW I know the Zero has no other choice than to HO a Fw190. I know that a Hurricane wont have any more chances. THAT IS THE FRIGGIN REASON BECAUSE I DONT WANT IT!.

I say, get your uberspitfire and ride it. Maybe that way we will see some ACM instead of HOs. If you find that offensive, then, respecting to me, you can get lost.
--------------------------------------
For everyone else:

Sorry the harsh tone, but allways that I state something here everyone thinks that I want every allied plane banned.

Again if the HurriIIc comes I will keep on flying here in AH. Simply happens that I dont like what that plane has to offer in the current MA. That was the reason for my comment about the RPS.

You want a plane wich only's valid tactic is to HO and turn?.

Me not.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2000, 03:01:00 PM »
Well they made the Hurricane IIC throughout WWII up until 1945 I believe (the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Hurricane IIC was the last one ever built).  This would mean that it would have had HE rounds as well as AP.  

As for the Africa/Med use, it was mostly used between 1941 and 1943 as most squadrons were replaced by Spitfire's VB, IX and XIII.  Many squadrons still operated them well into late 1944.

I just love the Hurricane, by far my favourite WWII aircraft and I would love to see the IIA, IIB, IIC versions in one colour scheme and the IID in desert scheme with Volks dust filter.  Bring them ALL on!!  

Regards

'Nexx'

NEXX

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2000, 03:02:00 PM »
For what its worth RAM, I don't want the Spitfire MkXIV.  Its too powerful.      I don't want to see an arena of Spitfires.  At least with the Hurri IIc it'd be rare.  There would be no real reason to take it over an F4U-1C or Typhoon Ib.  Spitfire F.MkXIV offers alot over a Spitfire MkIX.

Sorry about the harsh tone above, but I am tired of the complaints.  If you were balanced in you're complaints we might take them more seriously, but you never complain about German aircraft being used wrong or being too powerful, just non-German.  You come across  as very biased in favor of all German aircraft and against all others.
I knew I was exagerating.  I was venting frustration.
My apologies.

Sisu
-Karnak

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 10-17-2000).]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

funked

Hurri IIc
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
Give RAM his Dora and he will forget all this.  

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Hurri IIc
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »
funked why not tell us how good hispanos are and how bad LW 20mm are again...quoting from your impeccible sources?

my veiw is if hurricaine was there let it be there in AH.If LW and italians fought them in euro theatre id like to see them.iu want to see every plane in here eventually and i wanted LW bomber and i got one   if citabria wants a hurricaine let him get one..we all pay the same right?

hazed JG2

[This message has been edited by hazed- (edited 10-17-2000).]

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
Hurri IIc
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2000, 04:00:00 PM »
Actually Karnak, I'd love to see all those planes modeled  .

------------------
        Rickenbacker (Ricken)

-ISAF-
the Independent Swedish Air Force

AKSeaWulfe

Hurri IIc
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2000, 04:18:00 PM »
Gimme an F16 and I'd still lose.

What's the quote I'm thinking of here guys... .... oh yeah "it's the pilot not the plane!"
<runs away laughing>
-SW

funked

Hurri IIc
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
WTF are you talking about Hazed?