Author Topic: AH Ladder  (Read 238 times)

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
AH Ladder
« on: April 16, 2000, 12:16:00 PM »
I originally started thinking of the ladder as being based on the WB Ladder. Maybe it would be best if we all thought about what features we want in our own ladder. I've never been involved in a ladder, but I've read through everything I could about the WB Ladder so I have an idea of the basics that will be needed.

BASIC FEATURES:

1. Signup/Quit
2. Challenge/Accept/Report
3. Ranking system
4. View Standings
5. View Current Challenges
6. View Player info and record
7. Message board (I think we could talk HTC into setting up a special forum for us ... hopefully)

Please reply with any added features you would like to see or additional info on the ones I've listed above. I'm eager to get started, but I'd like to be sure I'm creating something that *most* everyone will be happy with.

Ex ...................

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
AH Ladder
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2000, 12:25:00 PM »
It would be nice to be able to see a pilots record and send him a challenge from the same view. I even toyed with the idea of everyone on the ladder getting a notice (by email list) when a challenge is made. More than once over on the big WB's ladder I made a challengfe and never got a response.

I like the rules of the othere ladder though. Cold merge and commited after D10. etc....

------------------
AMMO
332nd Flying Mongrels
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
AH Ladder
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2000, 12:40:00 PM »
Pilots wins/losses,

Who he won against,

Who he lost against

Back in the days when I flew Deft's ladder this is what I looked at before challenging, or accepting a challenge.

Also favorite plane would be a nice touch.

Last, contact info.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
AH Ladder
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
 Something VERY usefull from Wally's WB Challenge Ladder was a time standard(ex.EST)by which all participants were rated as + or-
hours by that standard according to thier own time-zone.This made it readily apparent whom you could or could not hope to meet up with for duels.I recall having no luck meeting up with the many Finnish pilots that were on the ladder.Tho maybe others dont have the very rigid time restraint that family and work places upon me.
 Just food for thought.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH Ladder
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
Exile-

The truth of the matter is I would be very happy with the basic list.  

Anything you want to add is candy for me!