Author Topic: WW2 Online - VAPOR WARE ????  (Read 259 times)

YourCustomer

WW2 Online - VAPOR WARE ????
« on: April 12, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »

After 2 years of waiting for WW2 Online to be released I am convinced that this game is vapor ware and is NEVER going to be released.    We have all been hearing how great this game is going to be for over 2 years now, and all we have seen is a BETA that is buggy,  unusable, and just plain SUCKS  !!!     I think that WW2 Online is just stringing this along as long as possible so they can collect as much money as possible from investors before they close their doors.    

Lets look at the facts here,   WW2 Online has a huge staff that is doing nothing but collecting their salaries from investor money and haven’t produced anything to speak of.  In about HALF this time Aces High has produced and released a really kick bellybutton game with a staff of only a fraction of the staff and resources that WW2 online has.   Even IEN has also improved their game greatly and come out with totally new versions in this same amount of time.    I fully expect that the WW2 Online people will tell you that they are working on something much better and more complicated than Aces High,  but the fact is that they haven’t produced anything that even comes close to that of Aces High,  let alone beating them.    Wild pie in the sky claims aren’t worth anything.  RESULTS are what  count and from what we have seen in the beta, they just haven’t come up with toejam.

We will continue to hear how great things are going,  and get the same old story of how close we are to seeing an actual release so that WW2 Online can continue to collect as much money as possible from investors before people figure this out,  and the funds dry up.   For those of you who are naïve enough to buy this line of garbage from WW2 Online,  I suggest that you put your money where your mouth is, invest your life savings in this company,  and hold your breath until the game is publicly released  !!!!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
I'll say it first, The off topic forum is thataway! --->

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Ok, I'll bite....you've played the beta?  Prove it....details...what sucks, why dont it work?

CRASH

Originally posted by YourCustomer:

After 2 years of waiting for WW2 Online to be released I am convinced that this game is vapor ware and is NEVER going to be released.    We have all been hearing how great this game is going to be for over 2 years now, and all we have seen is a BETA that is buggy,  unusable, and just plain SUCKS  !!!     I think that WW2 Online is just stringing this along as long as possible so they can collect as much money as possible from investors before they close their doors.    

Lets look at the facts here,   WW2 Online has a huge staff that is doing nothing but collecting their salaries from investor money and haven?t produced anything to speak of.  In about HALF this time Aces High has produced and released a really kick bellybutton game with a staff of only a fraction of the staff and resources that WW2 online has.   Even IEN has also improved their game greatly and come out with totally new versions in this same amount of time.    I fully expect that the WW2 Online people will tell you that they are working on something much better and more complicated than Aces High,  but the fact is that they haven?t produced anything that even comes close to that of Aces High,  let alone beating them.    Wild pie in the sky claims aren?t worth anything.  RESULTS are what  count and from what we have seen in the beta, they just haven?t come up with toejam.

We will continue to hear how great things are going,  and get the same old story of how close we are to seeing an actual release so that WW2 Online can continue to collect as much money as possible from investors before people figure this out,  and the funds dry up.   For those of you who are naïve enough to buy this line of garbage from WW2 Online,  I suggest that you put your money where your mouth is, invest your life savings in this company,  and hold your breath until the game is publicly released  !!!!

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Wrong HB... it's
<---- thataway!

-SW

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Hmmm... this guy seems to have some kind of issue and is looking for allies.
Sorry. I didn't slam HTC for what they were doing and acheived, I didn't slam IMOL/iEN for what they were doing and acheived, and I'm not going to slam CR for what they are doing and going to acheive, nor am I going to slam Targetware for you know what, or Jackedin (not so much known in flight sim circles because they are trying to improve an old MMPG action / startegy game called Terra). While I'm no oldtimer here, I happened to have some contact in some way or another with most people who are developing the different programs.

I'm going to object WW2OL based on my experience with it like I based all other MMPOG sims from my experience with them. Some are cool, some are cool but I don't like the community, some aren't cool and I don't like the community, some aren't cool and I like the community, some are cool and I like the community. Who cares beside me?

Az

funked

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
You're either lying about something you don't know about, or you are violating your beta NDA.  Shoo.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
This is the same guy under different name that said WBIII was vaporware.