Author Topic: WW2 Online - VAPOR WARE ??  (Read 220 times)

YourCustomer

WW2 Online - VAPOR WARE ??
« on: April 13, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »

After reading the responses to my post on WW2 Online,  there are a couple of things I would like to clear up.    I am NOT biased towards any one sim over the other,  I am simply saying that Aces High did an amazing job of creating a great playing, fully functional flight sim with tanks,  ships,  and lots of aircraft.    They did this in about ONE YEAR with just a very few talented and dedicated people  !!!

Not too long ago lots of people had written off IEN as being history,  but in about the space of a year we saw IEN develop and release their long awaited version 3,  and it is an awesome improvement.    I fly BOTH sims and they are both well done, kick bellybutton games !!!   Bottom line is that both companies have produced very well done,  flyable products in a reasonable amount of time.  

WW2 Online has been developing their game for over TWO YEARS now,  and all that we have seen from them is a beta in which we had a choice of a very few aircraft,  some tanks,  and a ground soldier.   WW2 Online is still working on such basic issues such as connecting to the server,  what  happens to a player when he gets killed, and getting the airplanes instruments to be readable.  I was active in the beta test for Confirmed Kill,  and I can tell you that WW2 Online’s beta isn’t even close to the other betas I have seen.   For those of you that are led to believe that WW2 Online’s beta is fun,  playable, and that it is close to a release,  this is just NOT the case.  WW2 Online has been real good at producing an incredible amount of hype,  but not at producing a game.   How can we believe WW2 Online’s claims of developing the “mother of all combat sims” when in over 2 years they have failed to produce even a basic playable game ????

If I had 2 years lead time and had failed to produce anything,  I would have been fired long ago.   WW2 Online has a large, highly paid staff and has failed to produce anything playable in over TWO YEARS !!!   We cant blame them for stringing this along for as long as possible so that they can all remain employed,  but  In this era of dot.com failures,  how long do you think investors will keep pouring millions of dollars into this black hole  ???   WW2 Online is a  business, and the reality of the situation is they have not made one penny,  or even produced a BASIC,  usable game.   How long do you think it will be before the investors bail out,  the funds dry up,  and WW2 Online is forced to close its doors ????

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Definately the wrong forum for this.

Arguably bad taste to be posting it in general.

Please go away.

AKDejaVu

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Dejavu,DejaVu.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
Rome wasn't built in a day....but it did burn down in one.

Not really sure what that means though.  

I hope they do make it.  I hope its kewl.  I'll keep an account in both.

I can never have too many toys.  

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
I am Sofa King We Tarded.  
-SW