Author Topic: Ok, explain this!  (Read 164 times)

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
Ok, explain this!
« on: January 14, 2002, 11:38:36 AM »
I read someone's post about having bad days in AH, but I'm having bad tour right now. How on earth it could be possible to have everything going just fine and suddenly it really doesn't matter :
  • what you fly
  • where you fly
  • when you fly
  • how you fly
.. you'll just keep dying! Is it because of too much trying after many deaths or what? These days ain't actually enjoyable...
Anyone else having "death syndrome"? And what would be solution to get over this? Taking break of fighters and start flying bombers?
:confused:

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 11:41:03 AM »
I am in that funk right now. Doing everything as a I did some time back, doesn't matter a bit. I don't care though, I just keep flying.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 11:42:51 AM »
When I get in a long slump I just calibrate my joystick, that usually clears things up.  Try a pure BnZ flight, maybe take up a Me-262 for a change of pace.

ra

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2002, 02:20:04 PM »
vector....you fly jugs right? hop in a spitfire or something for a few flights. you'll be back into shape in no time. works for me anyway. i go into slumps about twice a tour and that usually brings me outa them every time:)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2002, 02:52:36 PM »
I know what you’re talking about.  Seems like one day after the next things just don’t seem to look up and are seemingly on an endless slide to a second occupation of being a lawn dart.  Reminds me of a quote from the Replacements.

“Quicksand, everything’s going well then you make one mistake.  Then another, and another …”

I know I’m in trouble when the first engagement I have my palms sweat, I get a cold shiver, and my hand is shaking enough that dead on shots are tough.  The only thing to counteract it is to starting getting some success.  Anyway you can find it.

Changing aircraft is definitely a good start.  If like Pimpjoe said you’re a religious P47 flyer it may be tougher on you because you don’t want to fail in your favorite ride.  Jump into something easier to control and get that confidence back! ;)

Zippatuh

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2002, 03:19:47 PM »
I get slumps here and there, but the last one has been bad enough that I basically haven't played AH all month. :(

New hardware makes you more confident too, and since today is new video card day, I'll be back. :D

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2002, 04:44:52 PM »
At the start of every new tour all the leather-wearing uberaces decides to improve their kill/death ratio.  That results in us regular 1/0.something getting blown away for a week or so until they get fed up and starts JABO'ing again...
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2002, 05:01:34 PM »
Vector.. it ain't just 'you'.. it's all of us. Maybe it's too many of us.. :D

Consider the following points..

There are a heluva lot more pilots in the MA lately; and not all of 'em are newbies.. skilled folks from AW and WB and other sims are flocking in..

..and SA is also degraded by population density

Scorecards and fun are not synomous

The days of hunting solo on the fringes are disapearing.. there are no fringes, and engaging in any fight without a wingman is very risky.

The system is lagging a lot lately.. hits not updating fast enuff.. you lose HO's that you woulda won a month back, etc

Overwhelming 'sameness' to the airbattle.. engage, get the angles, get killed by his buddy. Reup, repeat.. *yawn*

Whot you need is a MISSION night or a SQUAD night.. get inta a diffrent groove, fight as a mob and survive.. for a change.

Get wasted, fly like a lunatic; have fun. :)

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Ok, explain this!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2002, 05:04:56 PM »
Hangtime's right IMO . That's why I gave it a rest for awhile .
My current Ace's High handle is spro