Author Topic: What drives you nuts about Aces High <humorous>  (Read 502 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
What drives you nuts about Aces High <humorous>
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 02:44:54 PM »

Wow, more responses to the crater issue than I expected.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 02:47:10 PM »
What drives me most nuts?

Dumb polls on the BBS.   ;)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2002, 02:53:29 PM »
They ARE in abundance lately! hehe

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2002, 02:56:00 PM »
Er, Spitfires with two-stage superchargers had great high altitude performance.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2002, 03:12:08 PM »
Now now, don't fret...only 3.75% question your claim  :)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2002, 03:21:58 PM »
What Dago said.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2002, 03:50:25 PM »
Anyone who has had the misfortune of playing Fighter Ace knows the "crater" issue is STUPID. Weaving down a cratered strip after some skill for watermelon dweeb has unloaded all his bombs on it is STUPID.....did I mention how STUPID it was?:mad:

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2002, 04:06:54 PM »
Cratered runways are a part of what WW2 was, thus why you see Spits upping from fields and such.  Same reason why jets like the Harrier jump jet and STOL aircraft were invented...runways are a valuable assett, if bombed, create real problems for aircraft that need a long smooth surface.

I say let the damage be in there.  My bigger gripe is Osties driving on through a bomb crater made by a 4,000 pound bomb harmlessly....

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2002, 04:11:33 PM »
I believe your clever attempt at disguising this massive whine by inviting other innocent people to whine with you, is definetly your lowest moment!

:p

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2002, 04:18:55 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
I believe your clever attempt at disguising this massive whine by inviting other innocent people to whine with you, is definetly your lowest moment!

:p

I'm sorry...say what?  

I'm simply polling/asking if the same things, and to what degree, they drive other users nuts.  And the numbers are there....is anyone WHINING?  No.  You are the first, as always, to start a witch hunt on anyone who posts, discusses or states an opinion on this game that contradicts your own.  

Drop the ego someday, and chat with the rest of us

Offline Tjay

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2002, 05:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul

I'm sorry...say what?  

I'm simply polling/asking if the same things, and to what degree, they drive other users nuts.  And the numbers are there....is anyone WHINING?  No.  You are the first, as always, to start a witch hunt on anyone who posts, discusses or states an opinion on this game that contradicts your own.  

Replies to my post titled The Whinestapo assure me that it is all meant in good humour. Thinks: People who tell the same joke over and over are good humoured. I can think of some other adjectives too. Most concern discomfort or worse in the posterior orifice. :eek:

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2002, 05:45:26 PM »

I'm sorry...say what?  

And, the award for overreaction of the week goes to . . .  LePaul!  Congradulations!  You win a years supply of potted meat from Libby™ and a $0.50 gift certificate to White Castle!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Tjay

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2002, 05:46:01 PM »
Cratered runways are a part of what WW2 was, thus why you see Spits upping from fields and such.  Same reason why jets like the Harrier jump jet and STOL aircraft were invented...runways are a valuable assett, if bombed, create real problems for aircraft that need a long smooth surface.

Slightly digression, but I wonder if some peeps realise you can take off and land on the grass? You just need to finish up on a bit of hardstanding to get the Landed Successfully message. Seen quite a few people spin in trying to wrench their aircraft onto the runway (especially dead stick) when all they needed to do was roll out and land straight ahead.
Proper crater modelling would indeed be more realistic and shouldn't affect much other than bombers with heavy loadouts. The B17 and Lanc operated from grass fields quite successfully and most BoB fields were grass.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2002, 11:09:04 PM »
"And, the award for overreaction of the week goes to . . . LePaul! Congradulations! You win a years supply of potted meat from Libby™ and a $0.50 gift certificate to White Castle! "

Mmmmmmmm......White Castle........