Author Topic: What drives you nuts about Aces High <humorous>  (Read 501 times)

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
What drives you nuts about Aces High <humorous>
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2002, 04:33:36 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong... I thought this crater thing was modelled, but it was discontinued because people bombing the runway affected game playability too much.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2002, 07:46:54 AM by FDutchmn »

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2002, 04:43:40 PM »
Yup FD, Crater was simulated in older version.

-Mitsu

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2002, 06:25:17 PM »
1410 posts Lepaul? I guess what drives me the most nuts is people with a lot on their minds who think EVERYONE needs to hear it. ;)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2002, 07:08:23 AM »
Wilbus, I'm used to be outclimbed at any alt by spits when flying D9, specially in any zoom. But when I saw that spit ouclimbing and OUTRUNNING my Ta at more than 30k I was amazed, the most funny thing is that it was a Spit V pursued by me, he simply burned all my WEP and was able to flee unharmed by speed and alt.

Rude, we all are paying and playing the game, so this is the main prove we all are mainly satisfied by the product. But AH is an "alive" development and I find very constructive these people that expose, in their oppinion, ways to improve the game. In the other hand, those that ONLY say "Oh! what a wonderful ... ... it is perfect, dont touch a single bit" are , in the best case, feeding egos and little more.

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2002, 07:14:31 AM »
Yup, I remember back when a hole in the strip was a headache, and honestly, I liked it! It was realistic, and as previously said, it is entirely possible to take off and land in the weeds, done it too many times. And yes, it was usually patched up quick, so maybe give 1/2 time for runway damage? Just my personal opinion, I don't run the game and I'm happy with whatever HTC decides to do with it (well, almost). Big concern: I'm getting pretty tired of the disco's lately!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2002, 07:28:44 AM »
CC Mandoble, IMO it doens't take much IQ to figure out that there is something wrong with this, either the Spit being ALOT overmodelled, specially at alt, or teh TA152, and D9 aswell (TA152 specially) being DRASTICLY undermodelled.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Re: what drives me nuts?
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2002, 07:31:25 AM »
Originally posted by Dawvgrid
my wife behind me while flying,,,,,,,,,,,,,commenting  SHOOT SHOOT
;)

You're lucky. Mine is behind me yelling "turn that damn thing off and do the dishes NOW NOW"

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2002, 07:41:21 AM »
Wilbus, do you have now available the numbers for HP at 5, 15, 20 25 35k and CDrag for Ta, D9, SpitXIF and V? Im getting mad with the vertical zooming performance and instant acceleration of SpitV at any alt... ...yep, limited top speed at lo alts, and yep, faster decceleration after a very fast dive, but the rest is amazing.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2002, 07:57:05 AM »
Mandoble.....

Let me share a little something with you.

Fact: HT knows from hard experience what will work and what will not regarding this product.

Fact: If flaws exist, then alerting the HTC staff thru the proper forum should most definetly be practiced.

Fact: The majority of issues regarding gameplay and improvements are currently or will be addressed in future releases...unbelieveably, maybe even some which we have not thought of ourselves.

Fact: The incessant and unproductive mention of issues which long ago have been mentioned thru proper forums, by a minority of players, will in no way encourage HTC to alter what they feel is the most prudent course of action.

By all means, lets talk amongst ourselves regarding general issues and topics here in this forum. I just tire of constant flag waving by a small few who think the louder they scream, the more change will come about.

It's only my opinion....you don't have to agree with me if being wrong suits you:)