Author Topic: Download individual vehicle files?  (Read 104 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Download individual vehicle files?
« on: February 06, 2002, 04:32:27 PM »
As I posted previously, thought was fixed, and realize isn't, my pt engine start is broken.  All my other land, sea, and air vehicles start fine, but not the pt boat.  

I'd like to fix it by deleting the pt boat file and downloading a fresh one, but I don't see how to do it.  Is that possible?  Should I mess with something like Aces High pt cfg files in the program?  

If not, could Aces High eventually offer individual vehicle component files downloads so we can better fix individual problem vehicles?  

I re-downloaded the entire Aces High file, but the pt engine still won't start.  Any other ideas?  It isn't the end of the world if I have to wait until next version to drive a pt, but I'd rather not.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2002, 05:13:32 PM »
Double check your key setup.  I find it extremely hard to believe that you could break that one thing for one vehicle.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2002, 06:06:09 PM »
Just checking.....
 You are aware that the PT boat is controlled by the throttle (Like a plane) rather than pushing the joystick forward (Like other land/sea based vehicles). - sorry if that sounds condesending it's not meant to, I was asked a similar question the other day by someone who couldn't make the PT boat go anywhere.

TTFN
snafu

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 11:12:15 AM »
Thanks for your inputs.  Yes, I've fidded many times with the various setup keys but to no avail.  I've also had an operative pt boat throttle before.  

The problem remains the same: the engine just won't start.  All other aircraft and land vehicle engines start fine.  

I've even reinstalled the entire AH but the problem persists.  No, I didn't delete AH before reinstalling the new one.  That might cure the problem, but I hate to do that.  

I guess it's just another fluke too minor to be solved by tweaking an individual file like we used to do in the good olde days.  Nowadays the usual solutions to most problems are (1) uninstall the complete program and reinstall a fresh one; (2) purge the entire hard drive and reinstall everything.  

I can endure a lot of individual file problems before resorting to those drastic measures.  That's why I was hoping someone would know how to tweak the individual pt boat file(s) so I could solve just that one relatively small problem.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline zipity

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2002, 07:38:27 PM »
I've also found the pt works differently than all the other boats, planes and vehicles.  My throttle (TH F16-tqs) will start all engines when I move the throttle forward a 1/2 inch to the first indent.  All engines except the pt.  For some unknown reason I have to use the 'e' key to start the pt engine and from there on the throttle works as expected.